The New Raith Rovers Thread

Toshney is a good player not a great one but a good one.

His main problem though is he is a wee bit on the chocolate side and isn't as robust as others. Luckily for him he seems to be a quick healer but all the same the Arabs should be prepared to see him sitting in the stand from time to time.

It's pretty disgraceful for Ray McKinnon to use his knowledge of Rovers' perilous financial situation as a way of getting a player on the cheap. Total dick move IMO.

If he wants to sign the player he can't pretend he doesn't have that knowledge - what else is he meant to do?

Based on what's in the public domain (which may not be full story, granted) I have no issue with what he or Toshney have done.

We move on.

Wouldn't have thought Eric would have divulged his name on Fantalk if we weren't seriously considering signing him.

You wouldn't have thought so would you?

Strange things do happen though.

See Stuart Findlay has been released by Celtic, wonder if Locke will go after him as Toshney's replacement? Signed him for Killie and has been good during loan spells in this league at Morton and Dumbarton.

See Stuart Findlay has been released by Celtic, wonder if Locke will go after him as Toshney's replacement? Signed him for Killie and has been good during loan spells in this league at Morton and Dumbarton.

I'm sure he will get picked up by lower premiership teams

Favourite highlight - he does a backheel, loses possession, and fouls the opposing player.

I'm also now considering going to Hong Kong and becoming a professional footballer, looking at the standard of the defending.

But I concur, sign him up. Distinct lack of cult hero material in the squad at the moment. 

Favourite highlight - he does a backheel, loses possession, and fouls the opposing player.

I'm also now considering going to Hong Kong and becoming a professional footballer, looking at the standard of the defending.

But I concur, sign him up. Distinct lack of cult hero material in the squad at the moment.

I'm choosing to believe he's so good he's making the standard of defending look poor.

I love the bit when he does the Ronaldinho shimmy thing past the right back, you see the right back have a sly we flick at a trip.

I reckon in the championship, the first sign of that nonsense and we'll see a dougie hill-esque reply!!

Sign him up! Ideal candidate for the bring on fairbairn, carcary or lee Bryce void that we desperately need to fill.

This is what is wrong with our support. This guy shows more skill than most other players and fans dont want him as he'll get kicked about the park. Connolly, Longridge and further back Mickey Cameron didn't get kicked about. If St. Johnston saw somethings in him a yr or so ago then he must have something to offer. I hope he rips Brechin a new one tomorrow and the club sign him up instantly.

This is what is wrong with our support. This guy shows more skill than most other players and fans dont want him as he'll get kicked about the park. Connolly, Longridge and further back Mickey Cameron didn't get kicked about. If St. Johnston saw somethings in him a yr or so ago then he must have something to offer. I hope he rips Brechin a new one tomorrow and the club sign him up instantly.

What are you talking about? Nobody's slated him... I think everyone agrees that he looks like the creative midfielder that we're missing..? :lol:

Read the last para of mojito post. To me that doesnt sound positive

Top bants eh.

Unfortunately though it is simply the reality. Our league is a physically demanding one, where skill is in short supply because skilful players have to be more rounded, able to take a dunt or two. In seasons gone by we have had players such as Carcary and Fairbairn that look like they have a bit of flair, enough flair for sections of the fans demanding to see them come off the bench but the reason they don't and the reason they all ultimately move on is that the manager knows they are too lightweight and whilst they may provide the odd flash they effectively leave the team a man down. 

It also pretty much sums up the reason why Barry Mackay has had two entirely different seasons. Rangers can afford to effectively defend a man down, where as our team struggled when he refused point blank to offer anything defensively.

It's not just our clogger league either, Martin Oddegard looks like he'll disappear without a trace at Madrid, exceptionally talented player but isn't well rounded enough to take the rougher side of the game.