The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Almost certainly no fee involved if he is indeed signing for us. 

He had two years of a three year deal at Fleetwood on reasonable money still to run so he ain't going anywhere for usual SC wages.

Not a regular and not been to a game yet this season, but by all accounts from the views from some on here it's perhaps a big number 9 we were needing to perhaps get on the end of the amount of deliveries from wide.

Not sure if he fits that mould but time will tell and willing to give the guy a chance considering he done reasonably ok at Morton.

Last season, you were probably one of the ones moaning that we don't have enough strength in depth, you're now moaning we have too much strength in depth..? Can never win with some people :lol:

Whit? Yoss is so reasonable it's painful.

So that's Vaughan, Osei, McManus, Coulstrain, Johnston, Stewart, Skacel, Court, Barr and Roberts to fill 4, even maybe 3 places.

Wish we had a reduced budget every year!

I actually think we've assembled a good looking squad, hopefully that translates onto the pitch. We have competition in every position bar right back, and you could argue CM. I'd have ideally traded the signing of one of the attackers for another central midfielder but it's a small grumble. I'm enjoying our football manager approach to the season.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Unfortunately this now looks to be correct. It was almost a cert that Hardie was on his way but Quinn being out with a suspected broken ankle has forced our hand in that regard so we'll probably be in for a central mid. Unless we can shift one or two young lads out on loan but even then I fail to see how that will free up enough. 

I wouldn't imagine Hardie will be on a great amount at Rangers and as such would certainly be affordable if he was our only target. Unfortunately he's now a luxury and a central mid will probably be a necessity. 

Turns out the scan shows no break and Quinn will be back in 2-3 weeks. 

So to that end it appears our main target is Ryan Hardie once again. 

Now we have a squad that on paper at leasr should be able to compete with any in this division and many in the div upstairs.

Well done to garry and darren the board and a very special thank you to kingdom homes and fife letting services.

McManus has actually scored loads more goals than I thought, and he's only 21. Hopefully he's more first spell at Morton than second for us. The calibre of player we're able to attract now compared to even 5 or 6 years ago is night and day. The game against County on Saturday should give us a better indication of how the season will be, given its played at a competitive pace apparently lacking in the previous two league cup games.

43 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

McManus has actually scored loads more goals than I thought, and he's only 21. Hopefully he's more first spell at Morton than second for us. The calibre of player we're able to attract now compared to even 5 or 6 years ago is night and day. The game against County on Saturday should give us a better indication of how the season will be, given its played at a competitive pace apparently lacking in the previous two league cup games.

I will be interested to see how McManus gets on with Raith. I saw him play for Aberdeen U20's before he came to Alloa and he wasn't very good. He continued in that vein when he came to us on loan. He did very well for Morton in League 1, albeit playing for a full-time side in a mainly part-time league. I see that 3 of his 5 goals for Morton last season were against a limited Alloa side. Turns out the other two were against some diddy team from Fife. Perhaps this is the season that he really kicks on at this level. Even if it isn't, he will be electric against Dumbarton and Ayr. 

Happy with all the signings so far. And if (probably is) the business end of things is finished with, we've got a decent squad. Let's hope Gary & Darren can get the right balance and tactics spot on. A few have mentioned about being the real test on Saturday against County, I don't see it that way, obviously another result, and if we get through to the last 16 in the League Cup will be excellent but I'll start judging them when the league starts.
Yaaaassss!! C'mon!!

Based on what I saw from him at Dundee United, Skacel will be brilliant against Hibs and a fucking waste of space against everyone else.

I guarantee he'll score against us several times, because that's how these things work.

6 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Based on what I saw from him at Dundee United, Skacel will be brilliant against Hibs and a fucking waste of space against everyone else.

I guarantee he'll score against us several times, because that's how these things work.

Well thats worth a contract in its own right. Id be happy if he sliced a shot on goal and it cracked Ray right in his shiny Dome!! :thumsup2