He wishes it was Hearts
He signs his Jambo buddies
And gives them first team starts

He sits and dreams of Skacel
And beating Hibs for fun
And while he's busy wanking
We're heading to League One"

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:19, Raithie said:

Even if we survive this season by the skin of our teeth it's a stick on Locke will be in charge next season and to be honest if he remains in charge, and we stay in this league, I can't see next season being much better. Paco has beat me to it as I was about to mention it will be interesting what the uptake on season ticket sales will be like if we do keep Locke and we continue this horrific run of form. No doubt Drysdale will be quick to give us the old "fans need to start coughing up otherwise the budget will be slashed" etc etc.

I don't think Locke should be given any more time. I am usually optimistic about Raith, not this season!!

Look at our form, by far the worst in the Championship, we are in total freefall, odds on for 9th spot at best.

My main concern is that he has actually "lost the Dressing Room" and won't get it back, consider the post the other week  ( from Vaughan's Hibee mate) that Vaughan and Locke did not get on; and then LV is away to Dumbarton.

.I cannot accept that a team who did well last season, after a couple of months with Locke, are struggling to score and,  arguably worse, that our previously watertight defence is leaking goals. The team is without confidence and L&J's tactics leave us scratching our heads.

Even in Murray's worst times I never felt so convinced that we should "get rid"; to date Locke has brought nothing to us other than a number of dodgy signings, Hearts  has beens etc.

If the Board continue with L&J  attendances will continue to drop and no amount of criticism from Eric Drysdale will stem that.

Fix it soon or we could be playing our derbies at Bayview next season.

Edited by Wee Sandy

10 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

I don't think Locke should be given any more time. I am usually optimistic about Raith, not this season!!

Look at our form, by far the worst in the Championship, we are in total freefall, odds on for 9th spot at best.

My main concern is that he has actually "lost the Dressing Room" and won't get it back, consider the post the other week  ( from Vaughan's Hibee mate) that Vaughan and Locke did not get on; and then LV is away to Dumbarton.

.I cannot accept that a team who did well last season, after a couple of months with Locke, are struggling to score and,  arguably worse, that our previously watertight defence is leaking goals. The team is without confidence and L&J's tactics leave us scratching our heads.

Even in Murray's worst times I never felt so convinced that we should "get rid"; to date Locke has brought nothing to us other than a number of dodgy signings, Hearts  has beens etc.

If the Board continue with L&J  attendances will continue to drop and no amount of criticism from Eric Drysdale will stem that.

We were in a similar position only a few weeks ago, in terms of form. Of course, we have a new manager and, possibly more importantly, have made three good signings in this window and things are looking like turning around.

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

He's not really 'binned' Stewart per se and was quoted, when Stewart signed an extension, that he was 'part of his plans'. He's not really been getting much in the way of first team starts in a while though. The Vaughan situation, well the less said about that the better.

Correct. 

Has he been sacked yet? 

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

With apologies to piebob

"Oh Gary Locke's the gaffer
He wishes it was Hearts
He signs his Jambo buddies
And gives them first team starts

He sits and dreams of Skacel
And beating Hibs for fun
And while he's busy wanking
We're heading to League One"

Unbelievable teckers. 

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

I honestly couldn't imagine the outcry if we somehow signed Hamill *shudders*. On a positive note he must be doing something right if he can get the likes of Vaughan, Bene and Stewart to sign contract extensions, the latter of which was being looked at by other clubs in this league. Wouldn't surprise me if Queens were one of them.

Vaughan signing an extension to his contract was anything but to do with Locke.  He won't be at the club (imo) next season if he's still manager. 

31 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Lot of things to factor in though. Drysdale's glowing remarks about him last week basically spelt out he's going nowhere anytime soon, or at least that's how I read it. We're probably not in a position to pay off the remainder of his contract and I doubt he'll walk away from what I'd say is his last real stint at management. Who'd be stupid enough to take him on if he got the punt from us at the end of the day. As I mentioned above though he's somehow managed to get Vaughan, Bene and Stewart to sign contract extensions. If Vaughan's hope is that by the time he comes back Locke will be away I think he's in for a rude awakening. Bene and Stewart are certainly two players who could walk into several teams in this league but must have some faith in Locke. 

Just now, Bambino7 said:

Vaughan signing an extension to his contract was anything but to do with Locke.  He won't be at the club (imo) next season if he's still manager. 

Never seen your post when I posted my spiel above. That's interesting re Vaughan, not sure what he'll do if that's the case as I really can't see Locke being away if we stay up.

Just now, Raithie said:

Lot of things to factor in though. Drysdale's glowing remarks about him last week basically spelt out he's going nowhere anytime soon, or at least that's how I read it. We're probably not in a position to pay off the remainder of his contract and I doubt he'll walk away from what I'd say is his last real stint at management. Who'd be stupid enough to take him on if he got the punt from us at the end of the day. As I mentioned above though he's somehow managed to get Vaughan, Bene and Stewart to sign contract extensions. If Vaughan's hope is that by the time he comes back Locke will be away I think he's in for a rude awakening. Bene and Stewart are certainly two players who could walk into several teams in this league but must have some faith in Locke. 

Lewis and his family are on fantastic terms with Raith Rovers and didn't hesitate in signing the extension.  There's total frustration at how things have worked out on the playing side though and he's done the professional thing in going out on loan, proving himself whilst there and seeing what happens next season.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Never seen your post when I posted my spiel above. That's interesting re Vaughan, not sure what he'll do if that's the case as I really can't see Locke being away if we stay up.

He's not looking that much into the future, just knuckling down at Dumbarton and trying to prove a couple of people wrong whilst not spitting the dummy out and being respectful and loyal to Raiith having looked after him over the past 18 months (and more).

Him not being at Raith next season under Locke is totally my opinion not anyone else's. 

Edited by Bambino7

4 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

He's not looking that much into the future, just knuckling down at Dumbarton and trying to prove a couple of people wrong whilst not spitting the dummy out and being respectful and loyal to Raiith having looked after him over the past 18 months (and more).

Him not being at Raith next season under Locke is totally my opinion not anyone else's. 

Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and is going about it the right way. Hopefully he knows the Rovers fans are behind him and hope to see him playing for us soon.