The New Raith Rovers Thread

Davo doesn't deserved to be dropped. His height and aerial ability has come in very nicely both defending and from goalkicks. Plus he always talks well on the pitch. With kev pushing up on the left we don't really need him to be bombing down the line either.

I'm not suggesting Davo needs dropped. Quite the reverse. I think he's a far better defender than many give him credit for. Just wondering if he and Mathews could play midfield together in a 4 4 2 or with Callachan in a 4 5 1, letting Thomson back in at RB once he's properly match fit.

To be fair Thomson isn't going to get match fit till he plays but again davo has made the rb slot his own Imo. I hope we continue with Matthews and Thompson in there aswell.

We got off to such a good start this season by being a counter attacking team, using our pace etc. We did it yesterday and we got a good draw that could have been a win.

If locke has finally learned this then he will have my full backing again and I think we will do well.

Bring on the hibees [emoji120]

To be fair Thomson isn't going to get match fit till he plays but again davo has made the rb slot his own Imo. I hope we continue with Matthews and Thompson in there aswell.

We got off to such a good start this season by being a counter attacking team, using our pace etc. We did it yesterday and we got a good draw that could have been a win.

If locke has finally learned this then he will have my full backing again and I think we will do well.

Bring on the hibees [emoji120]

Hibees? Settle. There's still going to be the hardest 90 mins of the season to come first.

15 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I hope we continue with Matthews and Thompson in there as well.

Can we no just drop Jordan Thompson?  Down to East Fife if necessary.  If ever there was a wage thief he is the definition!

I like him as a player and think he will go on to be a premiership player in the future. Him and Matthews compliment each other in there while allowing callachan to be played in what seems to be his more natural position in front of them.

I criticised locke when he deserved it the past few weeks so he deserves the credit for his tactics yesterday.

I must ask though, does anyone actually see Johnstone really have any end product to his game? He flatters to deceive for me.

He looks good at times but he really is a poor man's connelly. His final ball is woeful most of the time.

Bobby Barr telling the fans to gee up mark Stewart yesterday just reaffirms to me how much of a cracking player we have in him though! Love the guys passion.

I like him as a player and think he will go on to be a premiership player in the future. Him and Matthews compliment each other in there while allowing callachan to be played in what seems to be his more natural position in front of them.

I criticised locke when he deserved it the past few weeks so he deserves the credit for his tactics yesterday.

I must ask though, does anyone actually see Johnstone really have any end product to his game? He flatters to deceive for me.

Thompson had a shocker for the goal yesterday and it's been an accident waiting to happen.

Agreed regarding Johnston though who should probably leave at the end of the season.

Would I be right in saying that, even under Murray, we didn't go 10 games without a win?

When did we last go 10 games without a victory? Anelka season?

Hopefully this is the lucky week. Hearts on Wednesday then Dumbarton on Saturday. Can we get back to winning ways after three winless months?

Would I be right in saying that, even under Murray, we didn't go 10 games without a win?
When did we last go 10 games without a victory? Anelka season?
Hopefully this is the lucky week. Hearts on Wednesday then Dumbarton on Saturday. Can we get back to winning ways after three winless months?

You are correct. Murray's worst sequence across all competitions without a win was six matches, which he did several times. McGlynn actually beats that, going seven games without a win twice in his last season.

It took 13 attempts in the Anelka season for our first win. Not too far to go! We followed the win (1-0 v St Johnstone) with another 11 match winless streak.

Calderon had two eight match winless runs in 03/04. However our worst winless run this century actually came in the 01/02 relegation Fifteen matches without a win before it came to an end with a 1-0 win over St Mirren with a 90th minute winner from Nacho Novo.

So in summary, we're currently suffering our worst form in over ten years. McKinnon, Murray, McGlynn, Calderon and Jocky Scott all went by without such a poor direct run (sometimes really terrible runs were punctuated by one win, e.g winning one in 25 in the Anelka season). Dalziel's worst personal run was eleven matches without a win.

Hopefully Locke puts any worries about matching some of these to bed either tomorrow night or on Saturday. Ideally both!

25 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not one for reading the Daily Record but mate at work said there's an article in it today saying Billy Brown is employed by the club as the official 'match analyst' :huh:

It doesn't say he's employed by the club as the official match analyst. The wording is he is now helping as match analyst and trying to plot the downfall of Cathro's side. Link