The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If Vaughan got called back it would be utterly pointless. He can't play for Raith again until next season.

It wouldn't be pointless. It might be detrimental to the player, but from Raith's point of view, hardly pointless if in some small way, it keeps us in touch with Dumbarton.

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If Vaughan got called back it would be utterly pointless. He can't play for Raith again until next season.

I said train mate. Right now he's training twice a week away from the first team. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

It wouldn't be pointless. It might be detrimental to the player, but from Raith's point of view, hardly pointless if in some small way, it keeps us in touch with Dumbarton.

Raith won't recall him.  I can 100% guarantee you that.  He sticks by Rovers they stick by his career. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Pretty sure all three parties have to agree to him going back anyway. It obviously won't make any difference, but Raith, Vaughan and Dumbarton would all have to agreed before he returned. Obviously we wouldn't say no if Raith and Vaughan both wanted to end the loan, since we would then have a player who doesn't want to play etc... 

But aye, Locke made a cunt of it and we have benefited from it.

Hughes should be a good appointment given our situation. I think a short term deal was the right move to make and to that end it's hard to argue there were any better available options than him. Looking forward to seeing how he has us performing and hopeful he can steer us away from the choppy waters that we've been headed toward in recent weeks.

Well done to the board for acting swiftly and decisively this week.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Does Lewis Vaughan know you post everything he tells you online.

I can't believe Rovers called Hughes "Yogi" on their website. Other than that, not much to make fun of, seems a good appointment.

I've always been extremely careful to separate my own opinions with any other person.  Footballlers read these forums so I'm sure if I had said anything that footballers didn't agree with I would be told not to.  All posts on anything Raith is in main my opinion and not any players. It's not my issue that they have a massive prospect that loves that club and what they have done for him. Unlike your club who sacked and made redundant lots of hard working chaps. 

2 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Pretty sure all three parties have to agree to him going back anyway. It obviously won't make any difference, but Raith, Vaughan and Dumbarton would all have to agreed before he returned. Obviously we wouldn't say no if Raith and Vaughan both wanted to end the loan, since we would then have a player who doesn't want to play etc... 

But aye, Locke made a cunt of it and we have benefited from it.

Lewis leaving Dumbarton this season won't happen. 

Falkirk fans getting stick for having a go at Hughes. He left Falkirk in a mess after a good start and we warned Hibs what would happen, we were right. He joined ICT we warned them the same, we were right. We are now saying the same to Raith fans, and we will be right. He will keep Raif up. They will hand him a juicy contract and his merry go round will start again. Be warned

Doubtful.

I genuinely don't think Hughes will stay beyong the end of the season. This is very much a 'shop window' appointment.

You don't get it do you. There is no shop window for this guy. This is his level. English clubs don't need the hassle he brings. He will be Raif manager next season. Probably do pretty well then he will start to fall out with all and sundry including the supporters and it will end in tears.

Enjoy the ride

14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Keeps us up then we have a good season then he falls out with everyone? I'll take that it's about as exciting as it can be for a Rovers fan. 

Got to be more fun than falling out with nobody (according to the board) and taking us on a record breaking winless run.

7 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Lewis leaving Dumbarton this season won't happen. 

I didn't think he would, but that's good to here. He enjoying it? After getting MOTM against you lot, and playing well the week after against QOS it was unfortunate (from his respect) that in our game against Raith we put on a brilliant performance, with Stanton running the show from the middle.