The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

:lol: Was waiting for this being said by somebody.

Yogi Hughes was the best manager that we could have gone for and there wasn't a single Rovers fan that said any different before he was appointed. He was probably better than we could have hoped for.

Whether it's working out that way or not, means absolutely f**k all. Don't come out with shite like that though, when the board actually gave us the guy that everybody wanted.

Agree with this completely. Had we not gone for him, folk would have slaughtered the board. It was the best manager we could've hoped for and I was delighted when he came. I genuinely felt we'd got a manager who would turn our fortunes around. Now I'm a bit confused as to what's going on. It's obviously not the squad Hughes would've had in mind, but even still, some of the decisions have been baffling. We can but hope we somehow get Handling match fit and he can offer a bit of creativity. For chunks of the second half, he offered a bit more going forward. I'd hope we sacrifice Davo or Thomson and play Handling with Matthews and Callachan. Also, stop fucking about and get Bobby Barr in the team. 

We really can't afford full time at the moment.

Hearts operated at a loss the season the went down.

It's typical Rovers though. Queens and Morton can go down and stay full time and have a fantastic away days while steam rollering that league, you just know we'll go part-time, limp into fourth place and get beaten by Brechin in a playoff semi. If we go part time we'll be down for years.

Hearts operated at a loss the season the went down.

It's typical Rovers though. Queens and Morton can go down and stay full time and have a fantastic away days while steam rollering that league, you just know we'll go part-time, limp into fourth place and get beaten by Brechin in a playoff semi. If we go part time we'll be down for years.

So you think Brechin are winning the play-offs this year then?

Hughes has a made some odd choices, but was as good an appointment as we could've made in our situation. Our form has improved under Hughes, though sadly so has that of teams around us.  

It's apparent that the players aren't good enough and that is why we are where we are - it wasn't solely Locke's management that was the issue in that respect. As I've said several times before, it is however Locke who signed most of them and so that's where the buck rests. 

[emoji38] Was waiting for this being said by somebody.

Yogi Hughes was the best manager that we could have gone for and there wasn't a single Rovers fan that said any different before he was appointed. He was probably better than we could have hoped for.

Whether it's working out that way or not, means absolutely f**k all. Don't come out with shite like that though, when the board actually gave us the guy that everybody wanted.

Good post, or at least it would've been if I had actually said that I blamed the board for appointing Hughes.

It doesn't change the fact that Hughes has made zero impact since he came in and to me he seems almost as clueless as Locke.

Regardless of what league we are in next season I wouldn't want that neanderthal anywhere near the club next season.

Good post, or at least it would've been if I had actually said that I blamed the board for appointing Hughes.

It doesn't change the fact that Hughes has made zero impact since he came in and to me he seems almost as clueless as Locke.

Regardless of what league we are in next season I wouldn't want that neanderthal anywhere near the club next season.

Neanderthal? Who? Yogi?

:lol: Settle.

Neanderthal? Who? Yogi?

[emoji38] Settle.

That's the best description I can come up with. It's possibly even unfair on neanderthals. There is definitely more chance of them putting a coherent sentence together than Hughes anyway.

Do you think he's doing a good job? Does he fill you with any confidence that he knows what he's doing? Would you have him in charge next season?

For me the answer to all these questions is no.

That's the best description I can come up with. It's possibly even unfair on neanderthals. There is definitely more chance of them putting a coherent sentence together than Hughes anyway.

Do you think he's doing a good job? Does he fill you with any confidence that he knows what he's doing? Would you have him in charge next season?

For me the answer to all these questions is no.

Do I think a manager who has been in the job for 6 weeks working with a team with 0 confidence, ability or any knowledge of how to play football, is doing a good job? No but I didn't expect anything more. I knew that if we stayed up, it was always coming down to the games against St Mirren and Ayr at the end of the season. It's not his team. He picks the starting line-up. On the bench, he has players like Rudi Skacel, Conor Brennan and Scott Roberts. That all comes down to what Locke's left him with.

Our starting line-up is absolutely shocking and completely unbalanced. Can't blame Yogi for that. You can only piss with the cock that you've got after all. Bobby Barr does strike me as a player that can have one hell of an attitude though, so again, I can understand why he's being left out if that is the case.

In saying that, I wouldn't have him in charge next season but as I said before he was appointed, I would like him until the summer then give a young, hungry manager, the gig in the summer in the hope we find another gem like McKinnon( for example Stevie Aitken or Darren Young). I still expected us to be this close to relegation with Yogi in charge though.

Wow. Now we are judging managers on how they speak.

I Don't think Hughes is good enough to keep us up, but I use that as a reflection in just how utterly shit this squad is. Awful footballers with a bad attitude.

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Do I think a manager who has been in the job for 6 weeks working with a team with 0 confidence, ability or any knowledge of how to play football, is doing a good job? No but I didn't expect anything more. I knew that if we stayed up, it was always coming down to the games against St Mirren and Ayr at the end of the season. It's not his team. He picks the starting line-up. On the bench, he has players like Rudi Skacel, Conor Brennan and Scott Roberts. That all comes down to what Locke's left him with.

Our starting line-up is absolutely shocking and completely unbalanced. Can't blame Yogi for that. You can only piss with the cock that you've got after all. Bobby Barr does strike me as a player that can have one hell of an attitude though, so again, I can understand why he's being left out if that is the case.

In saying that, I wouldn't have him in charge next season but as I said before he was appointed, I would like him until the summer then give a young, hungry manager, the gig in the summer in the hope we find another gem like McKinnon( for example Stevie Aitken or Darren Young). I still expected us to be this close to relegation with Yogi in charge though.

Barr was fine with us last season. Came with the reputation of being a wee arsehole (which he is) but seemed to get his head down and play football regardless if he was in the starting 11 or not. 

I Don't think Hughes is good enough to keep us up, but I use that as a reflection in just how utterly shit this squad is. Awful footballers with a bad attitude.

Absolutely. I get the feeling Hughes has went in with an 'old school' attitude, where he's playing the role of a shouty, angry, in your face kind of manager. Unfortunately a number of our underperformers haven't even responded to that, after months of playing terribly and getting an easy ride from Locke. That's the players problem, not Hughes.

Having said that, when you see him going on about wanting to see his training ground footballers translate that onto the park on a Saturday, he left our only decent attacking player this season on the bench on Saturday when we desperate for a goal. Doesn't really matter if he trains well to me, Barr is a hundred times better than Scott Roberts will ever be.

You would think pride would be overlooked and he would play his best players available. A relegation on his cv no matter what he inherited isn't great, while Raith were in a bit of bother under Locke but I genuinely couldn't see you going down. 

Edited by Broony88

You would think pride would be overlooked and he would play his best players available. A relegation on his cv no matter what he inherited isn't great, while Raith were in a bit of bothee under Locke but I genuinely couldn't see you going down. 

You would think. However I think every Falkirk fan on here told you about his ego. He wasn't and still isn't the right person to take you out of this hole.

12 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

You would think pride would be overlooked and he would play his best players available. A relegation on his cv no matter what he inherited isn't great, while Raith were in a bit of bothee under Locke but I genuinely couldn't see you going down. 

Our form has improved under Hughes. Trouble is, so has that of the teams round about us, and they've seen a greater inprovement.

5 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

You would think. However I think every Falkirk fan on here told you about his ego. He wasn't and still isn't the right person to take you out of this hole.

If I was a Raith fan I may have taken note of it. 

1 hour ago, Broony88 said:

You would think pride would be overlooked and he would play his best players available. A relegation on his cv no matter what he inherited isn't great, while Raith were in a bit of bother under Locke but I genuinely couldn't see you going down. 

If Locke had stayed we'd be bottom now, no wins in 17 games and it certainly didn't look like it was going to stop either. Hughes has so far kept our heads above water, but everyone else has improved form as well. We're fucked.

I don't see John Hughes being there next season if we take the drop or possibly even if we don't.  So what are the alternatives available to the Rovers for a new and dynamic manager?  Do we dig up John McGlynn to try and add some stability or do we go for a younger slightly inexperienced one or do we just put some names in a hat a draw one out.  Not sure of who will be available due to contracts etc. but lets say we have a sugar daddy that will pay any compensation and see what names we can come up with.