The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That would be incredible.

Drysdale can't possibly survive this.

I may well be wrong, but I'm positive I read that somewhere (probably hearsay, but would it really surprise anyone??)

In any case it had to be signed off by someone.  That in itself is incredible.  Someone actually said "Yep Gary, good idea."  Obviously not a unanimous board decision as Val Mcdermid made her feelings clear on the issue. 

20 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

I think we are forgetting, when we loaned Lewis out, we had just signed Hardie and Stevenson. Lewis was already behind Stewart and McManus in the pecking order so was effectively 5th choice. Skacel had also been playing behind the striker when he came on and a few folk were calling for Yaw to get a chance so you could argue he was even further down the list. 

I would bet that had he still been with us, he wouldn't have been a regular in our side and Dumbarton would still be ahead of us.

Maybe, but more to the point McManus has managed to score two goals since October 2016. We were also really struggling to score come this point. 

We were in no position to be loaning strikers out to anyone, let alone a team a measly four points behind us. 

Edited by Michael W

I hope that Gary F Locke has approached Lewis and apologised profusely for the rotten situation he has been put in

Wonder if Gary F Locke is man enough ?

I presume those at the top who sanctioned this stupid move will have already apologised.

If the BoD didn't want to usurp the manager over this they should have called a taxi.

I also presume that they are waiting until after Saturday (and playoffs ?) to apologise to all the loyal fans who have spent money on what has been a disaster of a season and that's before I know which league we are in

Purchased my season ticket last week 

46 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

I think we are forgetting, when we loaned Lewis out, we had just signed Hardie and Stevenson. Lewis was already behind Stewart and McManus in the pecking order so was effectively 5th choice. Skacel had also been playing behind the striker when he came on and a few folk were calling for Yaw to get a chance so you could argue he was even further down the list. 

I would bet that had he still been with us, he wouldn't have been a regular in our side and Dumbarton would still be ahead of us.

fair enough point 

but he wouldn't be scoring goals for the Sons of The Rock to keep them up and put us in the playoffs or worse.

51 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

Purely statistically speaking we wouldn't be. His goals have won us six points this season (3 v Morton, 1 v Falkirk, 1 v St Mirren & 1 v Dundee United). Now, obviously we could've taken those points anyway, or perhaps won more with a different player, but I'm not convinced we'd be in as good a position as we are without him - even despite Raith's horrible form since about November. 

On 30/04/2017 at 09:41, Scary Bear said:

The only good thing about being relegated would be the games with East Fife. When did you last beat us? Is it 30 years now?

Admittedly it's been a while but you hams are heading in the right direction and back to your rightful place.

Bring on the derby:thumsup2

6 hours ago, Afro said:

Just watched Hughes' interview. He's not the stupid guy some make out, far from it. I can understand the view that publicly lambasting players is wrong, but given that nothing else has worked for him so far, what else has he got left to try? It's a completely understandable position and one which we (Livingston) can relate to after our own relegation battle last season. Hughes isn't a short term manager, I agree with the Dunfermline manager above - but you can only piss with the cock you've got, and right now Raith Rovers' cock is impotent.

Impotence wouldn't affect urination

5 minutes ago, Dynamo 2013 said:

Decision nothing to do with board it was purely a management decision that allowed Dumbarton to recruit Lewis emoji3.png

Fair enough.

Still got agreed by somebody on the board though. 

Decision nothing to do with board it was purely a management decision that allowed Dumbarton to recruit Lewis [emoji3]

Is that 100%?

I heard Locke wanted him to go to Brechin but the board (Drysdale) didn't allow it cos they wouldn't cover his whole wage

Hughes will know his reputation will take a tanking if Rovers go down so he's roasting the players just in case. He'll say something along the lines of "Mourinho couldn't have kept that side up" and rattle on about winning the Scottish Cup and playing football "the right way".
Quite why Rovers haven't ditched him already, when he clearly won't be in charge next season, is beyond me.

Who on earth would want to take over that debacle of a squad at this time? I'm sure if he knew how poisoned the club was, he wouldn't have set foot near the place.

What I've never truly understood about the Vaughan situation is why Locke didn't want to play Vaughan for the rest of the season, but felt he should get a contract for next season? I always assumed the board intervened and gave him a deal, thinking either of the sell-on value in the summer or that Vaughan would outlast Locke. But when I think about it, that would be giving them far too much credit.

A player he'd either fallen out with or didn't fancy, maybe both? Put him out on loan to a team four points behind us. But also give him a new deal, maybe we'll fancy him next year. Easy to forget just how incompetent Locke was.

Drysdale gave him a job. :lol:

It's fair to say that when the season is over, for better or worse, the board really should be putting out some form of statement with a full apology and ideally rationale for some of the mental decisions. I'm sure the rationale would be full of holes but the gesture should be made. It's probably all the fans' fault, however. 

I've got to say that I've been very impressed with Vaughan's professionalism throughout. He certainly doesn't hide in games or give any suggestion that he's taking the foot off the pedal. On the contrary, he looks somewhat crestfallen whenever he's substituted. He clearly just loves to play football, and it will be Rovers' gain when he returns to you next season full of confidence that he has got over that bad injury. He seems a great guy and Rovers are lucky to have him. Hope Rovers stay up and get the win they need on Saturday, but for goodness sake please don't go goal crazy!

Just now, lionel wickson said:

I've got to say that I've been very impressed with Vaughan's professionalism throughout. He certainly doesn't hide in games or give any suggestion that he's taking the foot off the pedal. On the contrary, he looks somewhat crestfallen whenever he's substituted. He clearly just loves to play football, and it will be Rovers' gain when he returns to you next season full of confidence that he has got over that bad injury. He seems a great guy and Rovers are lucky to have him. Hope Rovers stay up and get the win they need on Saturday, but for goodness sake please don't go goal crazy!

You should wait a couple of weeks - perhaps we'll offer him to you for nothing if we get relegated since we won't be able to offer him Championship football. 

Can't stand his way, eh Gary/Eric? 

I spoke to 1 director who i know well and he told me that it had nothing to do with him that vaughan was sent to dumbarton.He never named names as to who did but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out who it probably was.

When was the last time the fans rep on the board spoke for all the rovers fans regarding transparency on issues affecting the club.I think the rep is only on the board as part of the fans forum and also dont think they are allowed to discuss certain issues.i also think decisions are made without much discussions with any fans and we either go along with it or dont.I could be wrong and sure someone tell me otherwise.We are a community club which do a lot of good things but there is other areas that could improve i.e communication with the support.

When was the last time the fans rep on the board spoke for all the rovers fans regarding transparency on issues affecting the club.I think the rep is only on the board as part of the fans forum and also dont think they are allowed to discuss certain issues.i also think decisions are made without much discussions with any fans and we either go along with it or dont.I could be wrong and sure someone tell me otherwise.We are a community club which do a lot of good things but there is other areas that could improve i.e communication with the support.

I don't think the board take the fans rep seriously, I think they see it as a token role since the person in it has no real financial stake in the club