The New Raith Rovers Thread

This season is the first one as a Season Ticket holder for Raith,  I'm pretty sure I'm going to renew it shortly. 

It's a bit of a kicker being relegated but I don't want for us to fall any further down the Leagues and I guess any amount of money going to the club is helpful. Had a lot of great memories at the Rovers, fair enough not so much this season but hopefully lessons have been  learnt after this disastrous year.  Hope we can bounce back next year. 

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

So what's everyone's thoughts re our contracted players and where they stand? Are we looking at a situation where the option is there for them to leave due to us being relegated thus not needing to honour their contract or a case of "well you've signed a contract, we're in League 1, you'll just need to accept that". Not sure whether players would find it hard to make any commitments at this stage without knowing who they are playing under. The bulk of the contracted players will probably feel they can cut it at Championship level and I'm sure a few clubs would be keen to take them. If we do get the right manager in, remain full time and the contracted players stay I'd probably feel quite confident going into next season. 

There's a core of players there who made the promotion playoffs in the Championship under McKinnon. I'd be confident Vaughan and Stewart would tear it up at league 1 level. We've got a reasonably solid squad there who I think, with some additions, could repeat what Livi, Morton and Queens have done in the past. Facing all facts, as shite as the situation is right now, Brechin were hardly like we watched Queens Park destroying us back at Starks when they had their team back in 07/08. We've been brutalised by consistent mistakes from players over the course of the season. In my opinion, the board should take the hit for the first season. I'm aware that we're not run by a Qatari billionaire, but it's their mistakes which have led us here. 

So what's everyone's thoughts re our contracted players and where they stand? Are we looking at a situation where the option is there for them to leave due to us being relegated thus not needing to honour their contract or a case of "well you've signed a contract, we're in League 1, you'll just need to accept that". Not sure whether players would find it hard to make any commitments at this stage without knowing who they are playing under. The bulk of the contracted players will probably feel they can cut it at Championship level and I'm sure a few clubs would be keen to take them. If we do get the right manager in, remain full time and the contracted players stay I'd probably feel quite confident going into next season. 

Can we afford the current contracts of all our contracted players, now that our turnover will be greatly reduced, and given the fact that we struggled to turn a small profit when we were relatively affluent?

Even if we can afford them, you'd suspect that a few of them will think they can do better than League 1.