The New Raith Rovers Thread

So Easton's still the clear front-runner then. :lol:

[emoji23] if you managed to get that from what I said then well done. Your confidence in Eastons appointment is interesting. I just wonder that if the job was definitely his then whys there not been an announcement or why are we still interviewing?

In that article he is talking about progressing his career it's hardly a transfer request. Who are these players you're talking about btw?  The one and only player who has proven himself this season i would say is Ross Mathews.
What makes you think anything was learned from the Bates fiasco? According to our chairman on the recent interview giving him  away was the only option available because Bates is a lifelong fan of The Rangers.

“I do want to try and kick on now, make a name for myself and go as high in the game as I possibly can"

I think that would suggest he's not keen on going down a league. Vaughan is an asset that the club has and I'd rather cash in on him now than wait until his value decreases. C. Barr, B. Barr, Matthews, Callaghan, McManus and Court are all players id be scrambling to keep and if it meant cashing in on a player that's on a 3 year deal and hot property at the moment then I'd do it. Rather than wait till his contract runs out and we lose him for nothing.

The Bates deal is different, once a team like Rangers come in for a player, there's very little you can do to stop them getting him. We got a poor short term deal for him with the loanees and the sell on clause is trivial but I'm sure there might be a bit more to it than just that and for obvious reasons, Raith or Rangers don't want to disclose that information.

I can't imagine Lewis will fancy sticking around in League One, and if he goes then I wish him all the best, but it'll be hugely frustrating that due to injury and piss-poor management, we didn't get to see him for an extended run in the side.

The only saving grace of he does go is that we will get something for him and in all honesty that's good. For a player that's scored just a handful of goals, been injured for a year and then impressed at Dumbarton, I'd take the money and put it towards building this seasons squad. Unless of course, we can't get what we want for him and have to hope that he gives us the form that he gave Dumbarton at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Difference being we have a few cringeworthy fans that do stuff like that. But every Rovers fan has a massive chip on their shoulder about the Pars.

There was a chant about Dunfermline during the Brechin match FFS. Never mind the guy who was going to get that tattoo.

That would include all of us who helped you Debt Dodgers out when you were giving it "poor us" with the collecting buckets, to keep your team alive, aye?

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

emoji23.png if you managed to get that from what I said then well done. Your confidence in Eastons appointment is interesting. I just wonder that if the job was definitely his then whys there not been an announcement or why are we still interviewing?

“I do want to try and kick on now, make a name for myself and go as high in the game as I possibly can"

I think that would suggest he's not keen on going down a league. Vaughan is an asset that the club has and I'd rather cash in on him now than wait until his value decreases. C. Barr, B. Barr, Matthews, Callaghan, McManus and Court are all players id be scrambling to keep and if it meant cashing in on a player that's on a 3 year deal and hot property at the moment then I'd do it. Rather than wait till his contract runs out and we lose him for nothing.

The Bates deal is different, once a team like Rangers come in for a player, there's very little you can do to stop them getting him. We got a poor short term deal for him with the loanees and the sell on clause is trivial but I'm sure there might be a bit more to it than just that and for obvious reasons, Raith or Rangers don't want to disclose that information.

The only saving grace of he does go is that we will get something for him and in all honesty that's good. For a player that's scored just a handful of goals, been injured for a year and then impressed at Dumbarton, I'd take the money and put it towards building this seasons squad. Unless of course, we can't get what we want for him and have to hope that he gives us the form that he gave Dumbarton at the end of the season.

You get him telt, Eric, gaun yersel!!

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Only a board member could come out with that crap.

I think you are right BB. The guy is so patronising in his posts :thumbsdown; and if not a board member then he'd certainly fit in well!! :whistle

You get him telt, Eric, gaun yersel!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This is hilarious! Because I've got some kind of difference of opinion then all of a sudden I'm part of 'the establishment'.

I just don't get this Vaughanamania that's going on.

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

This is hilarious! Because I've got some kind of difference of opinion then all of a sudden I'm part of 'the establishment'.

I just don't get this Vaughanamania that's going on.

No, the more curious part of all this, is that the vast majority of Rovers fans think Vaughan is, or at least has the potential to be, a pretty decent player, an opinion you seem quite keen to wrestle with.

No, the more curious part of all this, is that the vast majority of Rovers fans think Vaughan is, or at least has the potential to be, a pretty decent player, an opinion you seem quite keen to wrestle with.

"Potential" being the key phrase. I don't disagree with his potential, he's scored goals for us in the past, did well for Dumbarton and is on a rare contract because he came through the ranks with us. What my argument has always been is; since relegation and the news that players are going to be leaving, everyone has gone crazy for Lewis Vaughan and making sure we secure him because he's somehow the best player we've got??? I've mentioned a handful of players that I'd much rather see next season in a Raith top and if it means cashing in on Lewis to keep them then I'm all for it.

8 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

"Potential" being the key phrase. I don't disagree with his potential, he's scored goals for us in the past, did well for Dumbarton and is on a rare contract because he came through the ranks with us. What my argument has always been is; since relegation and the news that players are going to be leaving, everyone has gone crazy for Lewis Vaughan and making sure we secure him because he's somehow the best player we've got??? I've mentioned a handful of players that I'd much rather see next season in a Raith top and if it means cashing in on Lewis to keep them then I'm all for it.

Aye, because the £17.50 we sell him for will definitely allow us to build a title winning squad. Good thinking.

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Only a board member .....

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Saints got peanuts for Stevie Mallen what makes Rovers think they'll get decent money for someone on a one year deal?!

We don't. We have absolutely zero confidence in our board to get anything from anybody.

Saints got peanuts for Stevie Mallen what makes Rovers think they'll get decent money for someone on a one year deal?!

The only person that thinks we'll get anything really is SuperHans, who we've already gathered is someone within the club that is trying to back up every decision that has ultimately relegated us this season.

Only a board member .....

You're right, it's me, Val McDermot! When I'm not writing crime novels or winning Celebrity University Challenged, or interviewing Dick Campbell (for the record I've never liked dick), I'm on here getting into debates with Raith fans over Lewis Vaughan!

Please remember that it was my dad that found Jim Baxter... [emoji33][emoji849]

The only person that thinks we'll get anything really is SuperHans, who we've already gathered is someone within the club that is trying to back up every decision that has ultimately relegated us this season.

A real shame, I genuinely don't know how you'll operate full time next season as things stand, it's going to need a good cup run and as much as I hate saying this about my own team, a favorable away cup draw at some point?

Your new manager will already be behind in terms of signing players and appears too late for deciding the fate of many already there... Very much tough season ahead. As much as I enjoy taunting and the bullshit thrown between us and yourselves, I want to see us in the same league.... But obviously with ourselves above you!

23 hours ago, Beachbum said:

CckQDN0.gif

Capture k.PNG

Makes me smile every time I see these clips, despite our losing to Brechin City   Big Jock M'Voto was great at heading the ball in the direction he was facing but, with the ball at his feet.....bombscare.           Never a ball player(!) like big Marvin Andrews.:whistle