The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Matthews got 37 mins. The Barr for Matthews sub was made in the 53rd minute.

You were closer with Yaw and McKay though. They only got 6 mins.

Last night, you can tell that both managers were trying to treat it like a competitive fixture with the lack of subs used from either team, with both teams next game being competitive now.

Last nights squad will start the game on Saturday with 2 changes. I think Lennox will be back in although Brian didn't do anything wrong. I also think McHattie will sign before the weekend. Whether he's injured or not, who knows. It's weird him sitting in the dugout on Saturday at Clyde and being in the stand last Wednesday and last night yet not featuring at all as a trialist. We definately need a left back anyway and I'd be surprised if it wasn't McHattie. I don't want it to be him but I reckon it will be.

Did Matthews get that long lol! I thought Barr went off somewhere between 70 and 75, but couldn't remember!

One of our guys spoke to McHattie on Saturday and said he is still injured. I imagine Murray will fill in at LB until we sign someone.

56 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Last night, you can tell that both managers were trying to treat it like a competitive fixture with the lack of subs used from either team, with both teams next game being competitive now.

Last nights squad will start the game on Saturday with 2 changes. I think Lennox will be back in although Brian didn't do anything wrong. I also think McHattie will sign before the weekend. Whether he's injured or not, who knows. It's weird him sitting in the dugout on Saturday at Clyde and being in the stand last Wednesday and last night yet not featuring at all as a trialist. We definately need a left back anyway and I'd be surprised if it wasn't McHattie. I don't want it to be him but I reckon it will be.

10 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Did Matthews get that long lol! I thought Barr went off somewhere between 70 and 75, but couldn't remember!

One of our guys spoke to McHattie on Saturday and said he is still injured. I imagine Murray will fill in at LB until we sign someone.

McHattie had a fitness test on Saturday before the Clyde game, he obviously didn't pass.

I know it was only a pre-season game, but I'm delighted with last nights result & performance, some really good stuff. Link up play from the midfield to the strikers was good. Robertson was class. I'm quite happy with Murray playing LB, had a really solid game last night, if it's easier to bring in a centre half than a LB, I'd opt for that, Davo still looked dodgy at times last night. Spence probably didn't realise at how much time and space he had for the 2 half chances he had (shots from edge of the box).

Looking forward to the season starting now.

Great result and performance.  Looks like Smith has gelled a decent hardworking and moving side.  Every man on the pitch played well.

As for the Townies, they are in DANGER the way they have been playing.  They have been skelped 4-0 by Hibs, 3-0 by Cooden (closed door game) and 3-0 by Raith.  So their aggregate over 3 games is 0-10!  :)

We might be waving to them as we go up and they drop unless they drastically improve.  We look good for the title so far though.

M'voto - bombscare.  He passed to a Rovers player more last night than he did all last season.  HE is anti-ambidextrous (he canny use either foot).  Glad we got shot of him, and even better it is THEM that signed him.  :D

Sounds like we played well last night. We have plenty to be optimistic about and 900 (so far!) season ticket sales is great news.

I still have a lot of reservations about squad size and would hopefully see a couple of loan signings to flesh the squad out a bit. Saying that, we need to make sure some of our other youngsters are getting game time.

I'm looking forward to the season starting!

From listening to Smiths post match interview it seems to me youth players will get game time but only when absolutely necessary. Can't see him throwing them into a game randomly 'just to play them' if he's got his strongest squad available.

8 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

https://t.co/yoAg7dgeMa

Match Report from last nightsmatch for anyone who is interested. 

"A small crowd"...

"Crowd: 1460"

Spoiler

giphy.gif

You calling us a fucking wee team!?!?!?!

I missed the match but it sounds like a good representation Burty. The interviews have been really good so far from our view, and it's good to get a bit of a different narrative on things if you're interviewing for your site. 

Edited by rw89

18 minutes ago, rw89 said:

"A small crowd"...

"Crowd: 1460"

Hide contents

giphy.gif

You calling us a fucking wee team!?!?!?!

I missed the match but it sounds like a good representation Burty. The interviews have been really good so far from our view, and it's good to get a bit of a different narrative on things if you're interviewing for your site. 

Hahaha, definitely not calling yous a wee team, mate! Was just meaning in comparison to usual Raith vs Dunfermline crowds. 

I was really impressed last night, especially with Callachan. Good luck for the season ahead. 

10 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Brian spent a hell of a time way out his box half way to the halfway line, far to far away from his area.

teams will pick this up and he will be lobbed and lose goals

surprised Cuthbert allows this, not something he does

Brian spent a hell of a time way out his box half way to the halfway line, far to far away from his area.
teams will pick this up and he will be lobbed and lose goals
surprised Cuthbert allows this, not something he does

I quite like the look of Rory, comfortable on the ball and a good outlet to retain possession.
Only time I noticed him outside his box was when he had the ball.

I quite like the look of Rory, comfortable on the ball and a good outlet to retain possession.
Only time I noticed him outside his box was when he had the ball.

Didn't manage to get to the game last night but from the highlights, he had nothing really to do so it's too early to judge.