The New Raith Rovers Thread

We,re running out of money sacking managers

Actually, we're running out of money because our Board is piss poor at appointing managers.

In all seriousness and not looking for a bite here; would we be looking at keeping Vaughan for another season or take whatever we can for him now?

Money from Bates deal still hasn't been made public and not sure if it will be.

This is all subject to us failing in the playoffs of course.

11 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Question: do you reckon the transfer fee we received for Ross Callachan was more or less than the difference in prize money between first and second place?

It does beg the question about our youth system - what's the point in running it when the players are either not good enough in the manager's eyes to play, or when we bend over backwards to basically give away these guys contracts to bigger clubs. We aren't making money on it, and we aren't actually getting the best out of the players. I think that letting the beating heart of our midfield fire off to a premier league club, 4 weeks into the season for a "5 figure sum" is madness on a par with packing Vaughan off to Dumbarton. 

The decision making process at this club, since Hutton passed away, has been nothing short of criminally imbecilic.

On the Vaughan situation if we stay down we should cash him in now we have f**k all money as it is and by the sounds of it part time anyway.

He's stayed longer than he ever needed to and has acted with professionalism and dignity throughout his time here but for the sake of his short career he needs to be out of this league.

Edited by pub car king
Fucktardedness

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Considering our players are shit, tactics are shit, managers shit, directors are clueless, we’ve nae  money and our stadiums falling down...

We’ve did well to run The Best Ayr Team in a generation so close.

And now on to the next emotional rollercoaster

I sympathise.

If we go PT I imagine our FT players still under contract (Vaughan, and that's it? - anyone else?) will be offloaded as cheaply as possible if they can find a suitable club. Some might not and may have to go PT, and may indeed find a PT club more suitable to them than Raith Rovers given their change in circumstances. 

You would hope if PT football is coming we can at least adopt the hybrid we did under McGlynn. 

We should keep Vaughan unless a good offer comes in (or if we need to go fully PT). Yes we have no money, but selling your top scorer for a derisory amount is moronic and the aim really has to be to get out of this club-crippling league as soon as possible. I don't know what next season has in store of we stay down, but our best players need to kept if at all possible. 

Further to the above, the club will therefore sell Vaughan for £20k whilst claiming it's a great deal and that they couldn't stand in his way because he's abandoned his boyhood heroes Hibs to support Morton/Dundee United/Falkirk etc. 

Selling Callachan was idiotic and unnecessary - whatever joke fee received has been more than outdone by the damage his loss caused us, which will only be amplified if we fail again in the play offs. 

Edited by Michael W

Even if we do manage to get up through the back door, will Vaughan be better at us? Honestly can't see him going to a club any higher than a bottom 6 Premiership team or even a team like Dundee United, Falkirk or Livi (assuming these teams don't go up). Would it be a situation where we'd be as well keeping him over gifting him to a league rival (again)?

If it is to be part time or mix or then I think this is time for a good cull. Over the last couple of years the personnel just haven't overall done what's been asked.

They got relegated to the worst team ever to grace the league.

They've fucked up time and again this season, there was a point they could have been 10 points clear but threw that away. Then despite along this all they have to do is win at home on the last day but fall flat on their face.

The away record is shite and a good amount of the home results have been fortunate. 

I know the board have excelled themselves with shite managerial appointments and even worse transfer dealings, however there is a core of players who have been here throughout and with few exceptions they lack something despite their individual quality and previous successes.

2 hours ago, renton said:

The decision making process at this club, since Hutton passed away, has been nothing short of criminally imbecilic.

Your (or anyone else that wants to influence and affect change in the RRFC Boardroom) chance to change things around: http://www.raithrovers.net/35270/raith-rovers-fc-supporter-director-nominations.htm

46 minutes ago, Niall Russell said:

Your (or anyone else that wants to influence and affect change in the RRFC Boardroom) chance to change things around: http://www.raithrovers.net/35270/raith-rovers-fc-supporter-director-nominations.htm

The board just wants a yes man! Do they really have any influence or are they there just to satisfy the cliques?

Not a lot been said about the complete fucking shambles that happened on Saturday off the park. How do you let too many people into a stand that has electronic turn styles? I appreciate it’s not down to the people working behind the gates but there’s a counter in the police box! Was no one monitoring that? We then decided, about 10 minutes into the game, to move them into a section of the railway stand which, unless I’m mistaken, doesn’t have a safety certificate and had a set of fucking training goals IN THE STAND. Finally, after another 10 minutes or so, stewards were instructed to move those in the railway stand round to a cordoned off section of the North, which had 90 Alloa fans sitting in a 3600 capacity stand.

Really awful lack of planning and execution. Complete amateur hour.

I doubt there was actually too many people in the stand. They just wouldn’t have been able to see the small gaps.

It was an absolute disaster nonetheless. Pretty in keeping with the way the club has been run over the past few years.

Must’ve been our biggest paying home support this millennium though. Sadly not a regular problem.

I doubt there was actually too many people in the stand. They just wouldn’t have been able to see the small gaps.

It was an absolute disaster nonetheless. Pretty in keeping with the way the club has been run over the past few years.

Must’ve been our biggest paying home support this millennium though. Sadly not a regular problem.

This. There were quite a few gaps at the bottom of the stand on the main stand side. South Stand was by no means full.

The likes of Young and Morgan and those people supposedly running our social media and commercial operations side need culled as much as our playing staff.

The people that picked Gary fucking ‘fucking’ Locke over Jack Ross ????????‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not a lot been said about the complete fucking shambles that happened on Saturday off the park. How do you let too many people into a stand that has electronic turn styles? I appreciate it’s not down to the people working behind the gates but there’s a counter in the police box! Was no one monitoring that? We then decided, about 10 minutes into the game, to move them into a section of the railway stand which, unless I’m mistaken, doesn’t have a safety certificate and had a set of fucking training goals IN THE STAND. Finally, after another 10 minutes or so, stewards were instructed to move those in the railway stand round to a cordoned off section of the North, which had 90 Alloa fans sitting in a 3600 capacity stand.

21 minutes ago, Paco said:

I think there was a high number of people who got in the stand and wanted a seat next to their mates. With that said, it doesn't absolve the club of anything. The issue is that if they make it all ticket then folk moan. Pay at the gate for a game like that additionally meant it was sit where you want too. Not sure why they herded them into the railway stand before giving out a section of the north stand. Overall, it was a farce of a day where nobody came out looking good.

Even after the game had finished, the police decided to let a couple of cars up Pratt Street too which was utterly ridiculous. Two cars sitting with folk wondering what was going on, where the policy should've stopped them.

This. There were quite a few gaps at the bottom of the stand on the main stand side. South Stand was by no means full.

Fair enough, I thought it was full. Having said that, at that point it’s then up to the stewards to find people seats and direct punters into them.

Fair enough, I thought it was full. Having said that, at that point it’s then up to the stewards to find people seats and direct punters into them.

Aye not arguing that it wasn’t a massive f**k up. North Stand should have been open to home fans.

55 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

One off the turnstiles near the 200 club has been broken all season surely that doesn't cost a lot to fix but unless someone does it for nothing they are not interested.  Plus I think they stopped counting folk it's not first-time they have given false figures.