The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Sludden123 said:

After the good home crowds you guys have had all season, especially on Saturday, the season tickets should be valid or at least you guys should be getting reduced gate prices for the playoff games.

We are: http://www.raithrovers.net/35291/championship-play-offs.htm

Prices have been reduced and season tickets were sold with the knowledge of their validity for cup games and playoffs.

Season ticket holders should be applauded for their support but the club have a chance of making money so they'll be wanting to cash in.

If we do go up or even stay down, would the season ticket holders not want the club having as much funding available for the season ahead? Or do we just not care about the finances of the club and would rather carry season ticket holders into the game for free as club heroes?

2 minutes ago, Niall Russell said:

That's not so bad.   I sometimes think all football clubs think their fans have an endless supply of money to spend going to watch them.  Potentially some of the fans could be going to another 4 games in less than 2 weeks, that's if they get through to the final.  Its difficult for a lot of people to find this extra cash for these playoffs after spending so much money supporting the club through the year. Good luck anyway.

That's not so bad.   I sometimes think all football clubs think their fans have an endless supply of money to spend going to watch them.  Potentially some of the fans could be going to another 4 games in less than 2 weeks, that's if they get through to the final.  Its difficult for a lot of people to find this extra cash for these playoffs after spending so much money supporting the club through the year. Good luck anyway.
Was about to post something similar.

We did all know our season tickets didn't include play offs so I've no real issue there but the point about 4 (hopefully) games and travel in such a short space of time is a good one.

A wider issue than just us, but do we need 2 legged semis and finals?

I like the one off nature of a final

3 hours ago, mps02 said:

To all my Raith buddies, well the one I know well, good luck for tonight. You may have lost out to us on Saturday but we both came down in harrowing circumstances, We can go up together. Come on Raith you can do this!

Get that sort of patter in the bin.

13 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

What are folks thoughts on season ticket holders having to pay in Saturday? A few folk are moaning on Facebook about the injustice of it all!

It was clear when Season Tickets went on sale last year that the Playoffs would not be included.

We did all know our season tickets didn't include play offs so I've no real issue there but the point about 4 (hopefully) games and travel in such a short space of time is a good one.

I'd agree that a one off final game is a good idea. I'd imagine that the issue is then where is the game played i.e. a neutral venue? Problems with that is at what point will the SPFL be able to designate a stadium suitable when it's still unclear over what teams may or may not be involved in playoffs?

14 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but if I was coming with my kid, I'd expect to sit next to him. Especially in that situation. The North stand should have been a kid friendly stand with the roary club open to everyone. Start it at 2pm and create a space which entices kids back. Our board are fucking clueless.

Thats exactly what they did is it not? The stand opened at 1:45 and they had facepainters and stuff in for the kids., and Mark Campbell signing session from the back of 2.

Surely everyone who wanted to go in and sit together would have done so early, and not rocked up 10/15 mins before kick off expecting to get a block of seats together.

Just now, SuperHans said:

I'd agree that a one off final game is a good idea. I'd imagine that the issue is then where is the game played i.e. a neutral venue? Problems with that is at what point will the SPFL be able to designate a stadium suitable when it's still unclear over what teams may or may not be involved in playoffs?

At this level and League 2, with the teams involved they could surely have 3 or 4 nominated stadiums. The likes of Stirling, Livi, St Mirren, Patrick would be ideal and for the Premiership play offs you can look at the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Killie.

Fair point, and I don't know is the answer.

The plus side is it's less expensive for the fans and it's a proper one off final.

Not sure if it would be practical for the reasons you gave but worth exploring.

15 minutes ago, Deadly said:

Absolutely agree! We should look at how the English clubs treat their playoff finals as a one off "cup final".

I've no problem with the two leg Semi final, but it should be a one off neutral venue final, so Alloa/Raith  v Dumbarton/Arbroath in Perth/Dundee/Motherwell.

The one issue with that however is that the SPL clubs play right up to the end of our playoffs pretty much, so the stadium availability isn't there.

Absolutely agree! We should look at how the English clubs treat their playoff finals as a one off "cup final".
I've no problem with the two leg Semi final, but it should be a one off neutral venue final, so Alloa/Raith  v Dumbarton/Arbroath in Perth/Dundee/Motherwell.

The one issue with that however is that the SPL clubs play right up to the end of our playoffs pretty much, so the stadium availability isn't there.
Yeah, i'm still up for the two legged semi but could one off final venues and dates not be agreed at the start of the season picking championship or lower stadiums that would be available?

If it happens to be the championship club's ground who are in the final then so be it.

I just love a one off final

5 minutes ago, Deadly said:

Yeah, i'm still up for the two legged semi but could one off final venues and dates not be agreed at the start of the season picking championship or lower stadiums that would be available?

If it happens to be the championship club's ground who are in the final then so be it.

I just love a one off final

You could, but I certainly wouldn't want a situation where we are having to go to someone else's ground to play a neutral final.

In saying that, you could wait til Feb or March, St Mirren Livingston Dundee United were never going to be involved in the relegation playoff, so potentially then you ask them if their grounds could be used for the Championship/League 1 Playoff final. Would you take into consideration the teams likely to be involved.... aye - maybe.

So had you looked back in Feb - Dumbarton/Falkirk and Raith/Ayr/Alloa/Arboath/Stranraer (although they crept in late)

Look at the spread and say - ok - final is in Livingston.

Downside is, depending on how the cards fall you could end up with Stranraer v Ayr, in Livi or Dundee, or Raith v Abroath in Paisley....

Edited by GhostZapper

You could, but I certainly wouldn't want a situation where we are having to go to someone else's ground to play a neutral final.
In saying that, you could wait til Feb or March, St Mirren Livingston Dundee United were never going to be involved in the relegation playoff, so potentially then you ask them if their grounds could be used for the Championship/League 1 Playoff final. Would you take into consideration the teams likely to be involved.... aye - maybe.
So had you looked back in Feb - Dumbarton/Falkirk and Raith/Ayr/Alloa/Arboath/Stranraer (although they crept in late)
Look at the spread and say - ok - final is in Livingston.
Downside is, depending on how the cards fall you could end up with Stranraer v Ayr, in Livi or Dundee, or Raith v Abroath in Paisley....
Agree it's not ideal if that scenario arose, and certainly not straight forward selecting venues.

I'm definitely in favour of a one off final and would like to see any barriers overcome, but I'm just a paying punter so my opinion doesn't really matter!

At this level and League 2, with the teams involved they could surely have 3 or 4 nominated stadiums. The likes of Stirling, Livi, St Mirren, Patrick would be ideal and for the Premiership play offs you can look at the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Killie.

Can Stirling hold a capacity crowd for the crowds that a team like Raith could bring? Partick and Motherwell are potential playoff contenders and the Premier League is still in fixtures. Livi are in the playoffs and it all comes down to what's available and how much it is likely to cost the SPFL and the clubs to use an independent stadium.

Can Stirling hold a capacity crowd for the crowds that a team like Raith could bring? Partick and Motherwell are potential playoff contenders and the Premier League is still in fixtures. Livi are in the playoffs and it all comes down to what's available and how much it is likely to cost the SPFL and the clubs to use an independent stadium.

Have fond memories of our playoff game against Stirling where we took a huge support through...we shat the bed that day as well. Maybe we should limit our support allocation to 90.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Have fond memories of our playoff game against Stirling where we took a huge support through...we shat the bed that day as well. Maybe we should limit our support allocation to 90.

That was the day one Robert Snodgrass turned out for the Binos. Seem to remember he scored that day.                                                                                                                                                      Mind you that was, marginally, easier to take than the FAHEY capitulation against Airdrie(?) as I recall!

One off finals are clearly necessary, and would be a far better spectacle. I get arguments about ground availability, and there’s no question it would be difficult to get venues at short notice, but it’s far from impossible.

The play-off final could easily be Alloa v Arbroath or Dumbarton. With the greatest of respects we don’t need a 10,000 all-seater for that. We might end up with Dumbarton hosting the final second leg, and a maximum of 2000 getting to see it. Don’t see anyone complaining about that.

Any league stadium with a few exceptions would be absolutely fine. If for example, Peterhead played Stenny in a final. Surely Gayfield or Links Park would be more than adequate?

Not sure why we need to worry anyway. Four play-off ties, four defeats. Eight separate matches against Stirling, Airdrie, Hibs and Brechin. Any Rovers fan in a coma for ten years could wake up and tell you exactly where we picked up our solitary win from those games...!

33 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

That was the day one Robert Snodgrass turned out for the Binos. Seem to remember he scored that day.                                                                                                                          

Can't remember if he played that day, but what a diving  little shitbag he was. 

In an earlier game at Starks, Iain Davidson got sent off for booting the ball at him whilst he was on the ground, after he fell over for about the 20th time. Totally worth the ban. :lol: