The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

This is where I see our starting XI, looks good when it’s a visual, but needing a winger to finish the jigsaw.

IMG_9351.jpg.3c7ce095ca765581f11b500cc91cc2f1.jpg

Any more news about Nathan Flanagan ...........(Winger) ?

Edited by Wee Sandy

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Sorry to see big Nathaniel leave. Hopefully he'll do a good job for you. Bit of a cult figure for his freakish strength, combined with his dainty flicks and turns. 

Not to mention his ability to hold off three or four Rovers' players at the corner flag.

35 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I have watched pre season training a few times last 2 weeks and in barry' s defence everything is on the deck, hopefullya sign of things to come

Everybody’s pre-season training is on the deck though - no team practices hoofing it. Unfortunately in the heat of games we all too often took the easy option. 

4 minutes ago, pantene pro-V said:

Everybody’s pre-season training is on the deck though - no team practices hoofing it. Unfortunately in the heat of games we all too often took the easy option. 

That's a point, maybe they should practice it. Cut out the middle man. Get some pin point hoofing on the go.

Who else should we be going for? A player that has played in the Championship for the last two years, been a regular starter in a side that was in the play-offs last season. I thought we would be going for players in League 1 or 2 who played well last season with the offer of full time football. It's positive that we are getting players who have played in the league above and some with recent Premiership experience. We are Raith Rovers in League 1, a comedy club after the last two years and I think the signings of Gillespie and Wedderburn are much better than we could have expected. 

Aye, shut yer hole Enigma

26 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Not to mention his ability to hold off three or four Rovers' players at the corner flag.

Against Falkrik he had two players one side of him and one on the other. All three of them flew a good ten feet through the air as he brushed them off. Expect some unfortunate L1 players to get truly splatted. 

Considering we have cut our budget I’m impressed regarding the Calibre of the players we have signed 3 championship regulars who should find the 1st division fairly easy interms of the quality of the opposition they will face . Some fans aren’t impressed why who do we sign?  Wedderburn is classed as a cast off not bad for a player that’s been a regular for the Pars and reached the play offs likewise Gillespie with Dundee Utd, Lewis Milne top goal scorer from midfield wins the league with Montrose , Chris Duggan sweeps the POTY awards at East Fife and there top goal scorer, Robbie Thomson no1 goalkeeper for Falkirk. Are they better than the players we released I believe they are 

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Considering we have cut our budget I’m impressed regarding the Calibre of the players we have signed 3 championship regulars who should find the 1st division fairly easy interms of the quality of the opposition they will face . Some fans aren’t impressed why who do we sign?  Wedderburn is classed as a cast off not bad for a player that’s been a regular for the Pars and reached the play offs likewise Gillespie with Dundee Utd, Lewis Milne top goal scorer from midfield wins the league with Montrose , Chris Duggan sweeps the POTY awards at East Fife and there top goal scorer, Robbie Thomson no1 goalkeeper for Falkirk. Are they better than the players we released I believe they are 

I agree mate

Signings seem good, on paper at least. Then again Murray was good at that as well. Time will tell but hopefully Smith makes good use of them. So that makes another 3 signings to go (keeper, wide player and striker). Note from Smiths interview he seems happy enough with the defence.

Glad to see Nat has got a club, cult hero but not good enough to be part of a team to win the championship. Not sure what his stand out quality would be other than his strength, can’t remember him being that great at tackling or shooing but should be steady enough for league one. Good luck to him