The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was only kidding, but we all know it's happening. England are winning the Workd Cup and McHattie is re-signing for the Rovers. Disaster. 

Think this can put it into perspective for non Rovers fans on how you guys feel about Mr McHattie.

Part of me thinks there is a player there to be honest, but we didn't really see anything at all in two years to suggest that. 

There isn’t a player there at all unless you’ve been watching him at the Sunday 7’s. His position is left full back, and he can’t defend for shit. I know I said a week or 2 back he’s good at going forward, but he also doesn’t have the discipline to play left midfield. The only time I remember sticking up for him is when Barry played him away to Ayr, and he was getting done for the kickoff, he was fit bit no where near match fit, and to be thrown in to that game was nothing short of a disgrace.
I’d only sign him if we were paying for his bus fare.

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Willo Flood is back on the market. Will Barry try to bolster his defensive midfield options even further?

Ross Matthews and Kevin McHattie  as wide players - would certainly leave space for another defensive mid.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Willo Flood is back on the market. Will Barry try to bolster his defensive midfield options even further?

What a fiasco! Couldn't be registered due to rules/limits on foreign players - Wonder if he will end up back at the Pars given they have a deal on first option. Can't see that going down well with their support.

Where is the pitch?!?! Been checking 'PitchCam' every hour for the past two weeks and at one point I saw a man standing and then i've i spotted some blue circle with a cross through it. Been trying to decipher what that means, it is a mystery. I set my alarm for 6am this morning to see if there was some early morning work getting done, but alas there was nothing. I should get on with my work but 'PitchCam' is just too exciting.  What a tremendous idea.

Are you guys supposed to be playing your game against Cowden this weekend at Starks?

We’re playing both League cup ‘home’ games against Cowden and Hearts at Bayview, Methil.

Our first scheduled match at Starks isn’t until the 11th August but it’s beginning to look unlikely that the pitch will be ready by then.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We’re playing both League cup ‘home’ games against Cowden and Hearts at Bayview, Methil.

Our first scheduled match at Starks isn’t until the 11th August but it’s beginning to look unlikely that the pitch will be ready by then.

Surely a month is enough to get an artificial pitch down?

If it does transpire that you can't play that game I expect that you'll be deducted 15 points. It's only fair :P

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely a month is enough to get an artificial pitch down?

If it does transpire that you can't play that game I expect that you'll be deducted 15 points. It's only fair :P

There is a bedding in period required after the pitch is laid although not sure how long this is. The pitch has been untouched for at least a couple of weeks since they finished the tarmac.

I noticed when we made an announcement regarding the scheduling of the challenge cup match v Aberdeen that no venue details were supplied which is unusual.

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There is a bedding in period required after the pitch is laid although not sure how long this is. The pitch has been untouched for at least a couple of weeks since they finished the tarmac.

I noticed when we made an announcement regarding the scheduling of the challenge cup match v Aberdeen that no venue details were supplied which is unusual.

Ah, didn't realise that.  For the first league game you'll have East End or Central Park available if needed.