The New Raith Rovers Thread

Feeling Pleasantly positive. Not gonna lie... After cowdenbeath result I thought we could have been on the end of two hidings against hearts and ICT. More of a realistic test againt cove in terms of quality we will face In league this season so interesting to see how cope.

If only we could rest a few players for the Cove game. Berry and Stevenson should start for starters.
Agree with this. Unfortunately that's all the scope for change we have. Hopefully Davidson isn't badly injured although he does have that suspension coming up in any case.

I'd hope we are now starting to have conversations with some of the bigger clubs about the possibility of one or two development loans to pad out our squad a bit. Clubs will be starting to get an idea of who is and isn't going to be in and around their starting squads. It would be useful to try get a least 1 development loan in before the start of the season in a week or so's time.

The results from the Hearts and ICT games were quite good. Makes me think we should have played the young guys more last season.

I think squad size will probably kill us this season, given the way we’ve started with injuries, but you never know.

Feeling Pleasantly positive. Not gonna lie... After cowdenbeath result I thought we could have been on the end of two hidings against hearts and ICT. More of a realistic test againt cove in terms of quality we will face In league this season so interesting to see how cope.
If the play off against Cowden was any indication... If Cove bring their A game then it'll be a tough day. If they bring their 2nd half meltdown, you'll end up mauling them 5 nil but with a couple more boys injured.

That period you had Didier Agathe and Craig Dargo you used to regularly fist us but since then yep, we’ve beaten you almost every time we’ve played I think.

Think I've only seen us win once up in Inverness and that was when Peter Hetherston was the manager, 2-1 win if I remember correctly. Have vague memories of a couple wins for us at Starks where we'd bang in 3 or 4 but since then Inverness have had our number. 

20 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Think I've only seen us win once up in Inverness and that was when Peter Hetherston was the manager, 2-1 win if I remember correctly. Have vague memories of a couple wins for us at Starks where we'd bang in 3 or 4 but since then Inverness have had our number. 

Think the 4-3 game up there in 09/10 was the most heart breaking.

Have we ever won in Inverness?

I had to check and we’ve lost on our last ten visits. We actually won there back in 2000. Since then 0-0–10. Not a happy hunting ground.
Think the Raith TV audio mentioned 18 games without beating Inverness.

According to the Courier:

"Raith were soon level in terrific style. The Stark's Park side were awarded a corner kick which Lewis Milne floated into the box. It was met by Gillespie who timed his run perfectly and lashed an unstoppable volley beyond Mark Ridgers".

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Robbie Thomson gave a young lad his gloves after warm up at the Cowdenbeath match.

Makes sense that we got beat now if he had given away his gloves before KO. Sack him!!!