The New Raith Rovers Thread

Been critical of us going down the plastic pitch route and plastic pitches in general but have to admit ours did look good

Crowd,like Raithie was surprised we mustered that much and thought it was a good crowd considering

QOS v Dundee Utd only manage to bring in 250 more 

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Interesting to hear pre-match that the next phase of the ground redevelopment is a new club shop. I'm guessing we plan to stock it up sufficiently otherwise it's going to look pretty empty. Went in on Saturday and there didn't look to be many away tops left, no home tops, one hoodie and the rest looked like previous seasons training gear and old playing tops worn by previous players.

Yeah listenend to Sintons wee speel pre match about a new club shop to bring in more revenue.As you say if its not stocked sufficiently like the present one its throwing money away.For revenue,getting more punters through the gate should be the goal first?

15 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Been critical of us going down the plastic pitch route and plastic pitches in general but have to admit ours did look good

Crowd,like Raithie was surprised we mustered that much and thought it was a good crowd considering

QOS v Dundee Utd only manage to bring in 250 more 

Considering Dundee Utd took over 400 fans that's not great from QOS.

37 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Found a tool where you can go back and see  archived webpages from way back, here's a snapshot of our latest news from 1998...

5b71afc0aee8c_ScreenShot2018-08-13at17_18_56.thumb.png.523971f6495a849886fd62032e706909.png

Where did "Influencial" John millar end up after he left us? 

Our home support is there or there abouts with Morton, Queens and Inverness, probably a bit better like for like than Livi and Hamilton and not f that far off St Johnstone and Ross County. 

On the pitch has been a bit different :lol:

8 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I thought the pitch looked superb as well, very pleasantly surprised. 

If it keeps up like that then certainly a major improvement. 

I believe that, if properly maintained, it should remain fairly constant for 5-7 years and would have a life expectancy of approx 10 years based on a max usage of 30-40 hours per week. The board just need to squirrel away about £75 grand a year for the next 10 years so they can replace it in 2028

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

It won't cost £700000 to replace the pitch as all the ground work as been done its only the carpet that would replaced. 

:oops aye, brain fart, forgot about all the other guff underneath, hope it lasts well. £150k for Least Fife replacement wow, by the state of it I would have though they would get 10 for that :mellow:

I see we are opening the McDermid stand for Aberdeen fans tonight.
Three stands open for a likely crowd of 500-600. Madness.

Geezo, you could probably fit both home and away fans in the main stand tonight in all honesty.

19 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I would have went if it was on the season ticket and I understand why its not, but a tenner to watch Aberdeen reserves isnt really too enticing.

At least we aren't Alloa! £17 to watch them play Stirling is a disgrace!

21 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I would have went if it was on the season ticket and I understand why its not, but a tenner to watch Aberdeen reserves isnt really too enticing.

Aye but that tenner could go towards a player. Or maybe towards the injury costs.. :lol: 

Hopefully the crowd, or lack of it, sends a message to the SFA about the dilution and patronisation of this tournament with the colt teams. 

I don't think they really care about us lower league teams. All about the end game of getting colt teams in the leagues.