The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

Surely if a competition is loss making, we shouldn't enter it?

If we are drawn away to an irish, welsh, or English team, is there any scope for us to say - "sorry - simply can't afford to fulfil this tie - we forfit" Can we do that?

I would imagine you'd be fined for failing to fulfil a fixture, but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

Surely if a competition is loss making, we shouldn't enter it?

If we are drawn away to an irish, welsh, or English team, is there any scope for us to say - "sorry - simply can't afford to fulfil this tie - we forfit" Can we do that?

4.20 Each Club/club shall play in all Matches in the Competition in which it is scheduled to play by the Board and at any rescheduled date, time and/or venue as determined from time to time by the Board.
4.21 Any Club/club without just cause failing to fulfil its fixture obligations in respect of a
Match on the appointed date or dates shall be liable to be disqualified and/or
subject to such other punishment as the Board may determine.

4.27 Without prejudice to any sanctions which may be imposed for a breach of these
Regulations, a Club/club failing to fulfil a fixture obligation shall be liable to pay
compensation for any expenses reasonably incurred by the opposing Club/club as a
result of the failure. The amount of such compensation will be at the discretion of
the Board which will consider every such case on its merits.

Excuse my ignorance guys but how the hell did Raith Rovers make a loss on the year you done well to win it? That can't be right surely?

I had heard we had made a small profit winning the challenge cup but in the most part the money in from the final had the sfa take a big cut then what was left was split 50/50 between us and the rangers. Think that season as a whole we made a loss though.

Borehamwood is really easy to get to for me and so would conflict me somewhat given that I can't be arsed with this tournament. 

I also feel torn, as the competition is a complete joke with the Colt teams & English, Welsh & Irish teams, disgrace to the Scottish game. However, I am absolutely buzzing we’ve drawn Ross County Away, had we went up it was 1 of the few away trips I was looking forward too, never been either so I’ll get it ticked off the list also.

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:
50 minutes ago, east fife for life said:
Excuse my ignorance guys but how the hell did Raith Rovers make a loss on the year you done well to win it? That can't be right surely?

I had heard we had made a small profit winning the challenge cup but in the most part the money in from the final had the sfa take a big cut then what was left was split 50/50 between us and the rangers. Think that season as a whole we made a loss though.

The quote I heard from Turnbull Hutton was that we made more money from the televised Scottish Cup Quarter Final against St Johnstone than we made out of winning the Ramsdens Cup. 

At no point have I ever heard a board member say that we made a loss on winning the Ramsdens Cup or on the season as a whole. 

Apologies if that's not the case. 

The quote I heard from Turnbull Hutton was that we made more money from the televised Scottish Cup Quarter Final against St Johnstone than we made out of winning the Ramsdens Cup. 
At no point have I ever heard a board member say that we made a loss on winning the Ramsdens Cup or on the season as a whole. 
Apologies if that's not the case. 
Pretty much what I had heard. Really does make you wonder, why continue with a tournament that clubs who can ill afford to, make a loss on unless they get to the semi's etc. Sfa at its finest.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, east fife for life said:

Slightly related, but the year we won the Scottish Cup, the SFA and Celtic received more money from the final than we did. 

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

I also feel torn, as the competition is a complete joke with the Colt teams & English, Welsh & Irish teams, disgrace to the Scottish game. However, I am absolutely buzzing we’ve drawn Ross County Away, had we went up it was 1 of the few away trips I was looking forward too, never been either so I’ll get it ticked off the list also.

Been a few times, although the last time I went, Moussa Outtara scored a worldy in a 1-1 draw.

It's been a while!

Just now, grumswall said:
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Slightly related, but the year we won the Scottish Cup, the SFA and Celtic received more money from the final than we did. 

How did that work? Was that when hampden was being used for the commonwealth games?

Yeah Celtic Park hosted the Final, Rangers made more with both Semis being played at Ibrox than we made for winning it too. 

Didn't even get the money straight away, chairman was in the media highlighting the lack of payment 12 months later. 

Yeah Celtic Park hosted the Final, Rangers made more with both Semis being played at Ibrox than we made for winning it too. 
Didn't even get the money straight away, chairman was in the media highlighting the lack of payment 12 months later. 
Rings a bell and is unsurprising. Absolute shambles when that is the case.

You probably do alright out the Challenge Cup with the amount of finals you have hosted.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Am I right in suspecting the bigot brothers didn't have to wait a year for their money from the SFA?