The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

That’s a blow. I would be willing to sit in the dugout for nothing. There’s a saving to be had there.

I notice the club have been appealing for crossbar challenge contestants on social media. Maybe they can throw in a place on the bench for each of them too.

Am I right in saying a trialing can be selected in the match day squad in league 1? If so I’m surprised Gary Irvine hasn’t need brought in on trial to at least have a look at him and add an extra player to the squad. Screaming out for a RB and last I heard he was screaming out for a club.

47 minutes ago, PJ_2014 said:

Am I right in saying a trialing can be selected in the match day squad in league 1? If so I’m surprised Gary Irvine hasn’t need brought in on trial to at least have a look at him and add an extra player to the squad. Screaming out for a RB and last I heard he was screaming out for a club.

If we don't have any money to pay his wages what is the point of him coming in on trial?

Games like today are the ones we need for the likes of Watson.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whats Callachan like? 

Hes pretty much been signed to cover for Murray Davidson and potentially replace him when the time comes. Huge boots to fill.

Even if hes having a nightmare.......never hides in a game....

Don't get me wrong, he'd be excellent at this level. With Watson he can struggle but he's had a good day today

By all accounts we’ve been playing excellently, hopefully Nizzy comes back quickly. One of our surprisingly good signings. Flanagan needs a longer contract

Really - did you actually see him last year? An absolute joke of a player

You can say that about everyone we’ve signed tho, Nisbet clearly wasn’t great last season neither was Gillespie but prob our 2 best players this year so far.

5 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I really don't get this Irvine chat. We moan about playing youngsters and then as soon as we start playing one who is bound to make a few mistakes we start demanding a past it 30 plus years old to come in instead.

Give Watson some time. I thought he coped easily yesterday and last week he was up against a very good player.

This.

Irvine will be 34 in March and is well past it. Watson did just fine yesterday.

You can say that about everyone we’ve signed tho, Nisbet clearly wasn’t great last season neither was Gillespie but prob our 2 best players this year so far.

Your completely missing the point, Irvine is 33 his legs have totally gone and clearly won’t get any better. Gillespie at 27 and Nisbet at 21 have still got potential to improve, which they are showing signs of under good coaching at Raith

If Davo done us all a favour and just announced his retirement then his wage could be better spent elsewhere

Usual over reaction we will need Davo this season big time, as daft as he is at times , last years player of the year will come good and be one of our most valuable assets. Learn the lesson.