The New Raith Rovers Thread

Barry Smith didn't think hendry was ready last season and he was one of our better players in the run in. He also at every opertunity drops mckay despite him being our best option at cb. I'd say we have every right to criticise his poor judgement the same as he should get the plaudits when he does something right.

“Poor judgement” - yet top equal and recently free scoring?

Barry Smith didn't think hendry was ready last season and he was one of our better players in the run in. He also at every opertunity drops mckay despite him being our best option at cb. I'd say we have every right to criticise his poor judgement the same as he should get the plaudits when he does something right.

Hendry slotted in well after he was 'introduced' to the team. Smiths judgment was that he wasn't ready when he first arrived. Smith wanted to win the league so I'm sure the players that he put out on the pitch were the best he felt to do a job. The fact Hendry didn't feature until he did suggests that Smith didn't trust him to do the job he needed to do.

Smith takes a lot of flack and when he deserves it then fine. You mentioned him getting the plaudits when he does something right, I've seen very little of this so far this season. On Friday the Raith TV interview highlighted that he had 9 'first team' players fit. Saturdays performance and result speaks for itself. Let's all remember that if Smith messes this season up, it's his career that will be on the line. If there's anyone who wants this season to be a success more than anyone else it's him.

40 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Hendry slotted in well after he was 'introduced' to the team. Smiths judgment was that he wasn't ready when he first arrived. Smith wanted to win the league so I'm sure the players that he put out on the pitch were the best he felt to do a job. The fact Hendry didn't feature until he did suggests that Smith didn't trust him to do the job he needed to do.

Smith takes a lot of flack and when he deserves it then fine. You mentioned him getting the plaudits when he does something right, I've seen very little of this so far this season. On Friday the Raith TV interview highlighted that he had 9 'first team' players fit. Saturdays performance and result speaks for itself. Let's all remember that if Smith messes this season up, it's his career that will be on the line. If there's anyone who wants this season to be a success more than anyone else it's him.

What is it with you and the fans? There were 1400 or so at the game but only a few of them bother to post here. Some are critical of Smith, some not. But you have a go at all Rovers' fans saying all of them are judgemental. 

I can think of only one other person who has such a strange love-hate relationship with the fans.

What is it with you and the fans? There were 1400 or so at the game but only a few of them bother to post here. Some are critical of Smith, some not. But you have a go at all Rovers' fans saying all of them are judgemental. 
I can think of only one other person who has such a strange love-hate relationship with the fans.

Where do I mention in that post 'the fans'? I like to point out the majority of posts on this and other Raith related threads are continually critical of the club, team and manager. As I said above, if they deserve criticism then fine but let's also praise them when it's due. I've also mentioned in previous posts my utter bemusement at the people who will cheer and support the team when things are going great and then hound, boo and abuse the players and management as soon as things go wrong. I'll also point you in the direction of the Airdrie v Raith thread at about the half time mark and then the 3-1 mark where there were 'supporters' of the club actively voicing their hope that we did lose that game and suggested that a few more poor results would mean the manager would be sacked!! What kind of attitude is that?

Not to mention the 'fans' of the club shouting for Smith to go and abusing the players with 10 minutes to go against Airdrie and then singing 'We love the Rovers we do...' 8 minutes later.

Thankfully I don't tar all my fellow Raith Rovers supporters with the same brush. Many of us actually do go to games to support the team and don't feel the need to abuse players and management as soon as something goes wrong.

51 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Where do I mention in that post 'the fans'? 

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Smith takes a lot of flack and when he deserves it then fine. You mentioned him getting the plaudits when he does something right, I've seen very little of this so far this season.

Who is the second post referring to if it isn't the fans? 

42 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Lets not bother with SuperHans/Eric/Martin and focus on something positive like the testimonial. Glad the Witch is getting what he rightfully deserves, just a shame it’s taken this long but better late than never.

Agreed. It's something which has been in the pipeline for a long time, and I didn't think it would actually happen. Glad we get a day to celebrate the contribution of someone who has been a proper legend for the club.

Who is the second post referring to if it isn't the fans? 

It was a clear observation. I don't put every single fellow supporter under one umbrella and claim that everyone at Starks Park is miserable. I'm just pointing out that I agree that when he deserves criticism then fine but it works the other way round and I've read an awful lot of of praise for him over the last couple of weeks in particular.

I would make my posts simpler for you to be able to understand but unfortunately for you I can't be arsed.

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

It was a clear observation. I don't put every single fellow supporter under one umbrella and claim that everyone at Starks Park is miserable. I'm just pointing out that I agree that when he deserves criticism then fine but it works the other way round and I've read an awful lot of of praise for him over the last couple of weeks in particular.

I would make my posts simpler for you to be able to understand but unfortunately for you I can't be arsed.

Hit a nerve, did we?