The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Well let's see what happens now. Undefeated and joint top of the league. No manager, no window to bring players in and limited expenditure for bringing a new manager.

Squad size is hardly going to wet the knickers of anyone with any potential.

Chance to work with Lewis Vaughan though.....

I think we should just go back to a committee. Plenty of Football Manager experts/virgins kicking about here that'll surly be able to get us promoted.

I’m holding out some hope that you may actually be related to Barry Smith and might just f**k off now.

Certainly not Smith’s biggest fan but I don’t think anyone should be claiming this as good news just yet. The manager just walking out isn’t a good look, especially if as it seems, the players quite liked him.

Very out of the blue. What’s changed between last week and now? Nothing as far as I can see, aside from some genuine hope from the Forfar win.

I’m sure it’ll all come out in the wash. Sim has a big, big decision to make now on the new manager. Has to get it right.

This is utterly bizarre. If this was a month ago I probably wouldn't have cared but 2 good results, undefeated in the league and a squad nearing full health, it just seems strange. The players also seem to be quite tight knitted, evident when Vaughan scored on Saturday. I'm not gutted he's going by a long shot, I'm just perplexed.
The last time a David McGurn testimonial was announced 2 years of awfulness followed. Hopefully that won't repeat itself.