The New Raith Rovers Thread

If the rumours are to be believed Falkirk haven't got two brass buttons to rub together, personally I'd doubt they'd be willing to shell out for an under contract player like Bene.

Not that I'd put it past the Serpent to be talking to Bene to unsettle him, he did exactly the same with Toshney.  Falkirk are in a bad way on and off the park he'd be a mug to go there in January.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If anyone who attended the Q&A tonight is able to briefly summarise any points of interest it would be much appreciated 

Gaffer will get funds for January window. 

JMcG likes the artificial surface that we have but is weary of them deteriorating and becoming shite. My words, not his. He prefers grass. 

We are healthier than we have been in a while financially. We need to strike while the iron's hot and build on this though. Buying raffle tickets, scarfs, hats, replica tops etc helps the club out maybe more than some realise. 

We will get nothing for the Bates deal. 

Gaffer was very vocal in how ridiculous Vaughan going to Dumbarton was. He said, in no uncertain terms, that the blame lay with the manager at the time. 

Club are making contracts watertight after the Bates fiasco. 

Sure others will add bits I've missed. 

If anyone who attended the Q&A tonight is able to briefly summarise any points of interest it would be much appreciated 
The club is more stable financially than it's been for a few seasons.
JMc is happy with the squad he has but wants clean sheets.
Bates was a disastrous deal.
Vaughan was a disastrous decision, and down to Locke.
There are plans to restore modern apprentices this season with probably 3 and possibly 5.
Fife Elite will be be using Starks as their home ground and that brings c.30k into the club.
Youth Development Fund being rethought.
JMc is very confident in the team and trying to tie down NF and DA right now. DA was only given a short contract because the club weren't convinced about him. He's since played a blinder so they're trying to keep him.
Hendrys injury at Forfar was down to the poor quality of their surface.
Rod Stewart will not be playing gigs at Starks.

I'm sure there was more - anyone else?

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Interesting piece of info on the David Bates saga tonight at the Q&A. A "horrendous" piece of business according to John McGlynn, and was made easier because neither McKinnon nor Locke rated Bates at all. At all. We are due and will receive nothing, but I think we knew that.

Funnily enough McKinnon was in the papers the other week jumping on the Bates bandwagon after his Scotland debut. 

Although Locke is much more to blame for this than McKinnon.

I'm pretty positive about the club at the best of times but I came out of the Q&A feeling even more positive. 

The people in charge now (In the board room and in the dressing room) absolutely love the club and are doing as much as they can to give us a decent product on the park whilst wrestling the club's overspending in previous seasons. 

The manager's budget may be further boosted by the Pars game ticket sales. Buy them as Christmas presents along with a wee hat or scarf to wear at the game and we'd be giving the club a good boost at what is often a difficult time of the season. 

I'm eased someone has finally come out and said the obvious from the in that 2 of the more high profile pieces of business recently were fucking awful and that all involved should be kicked to death. (Last part may not be true)

David Bates is a Scotland player plying his trade in Europe yes Hamburg may have got relegated last year but they are a big club in Germany. How the actual fucking f**k we have made nothing from developing this boy and none of the useless f**k tards at the club recognised this at the time beggars belief and to get the square route of a kick in the baws as compensation is even worse.

f**k you Martin's dad.