The New Raith Rovers Thread

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Based on the limited evidence so far, I don't think Zanatta or Connolly will contribute significantly less than Armstrong or Kennedy did.  I would have kept Arrmstrong, but he isn't irreplaceable.  And whilst Kennedy is obviously a very talented player, after an electric start, his contribution was actually a bit limited.  

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a case of deja vu re Armstrong where he moves to another club and then doesn't get the same level of game time as he did with ourselves. Either way, I'm not too upset he's away as I think Zanatta and Connolly have the ability to step up. 

I love Vaughan as much as the next Rovers fan but it could be extremely worrying if we are over reliant on him this season given his recent injuries. We could still do with another central midfielder and attacker in my opinion and I will be much happier with the squad.

I was probably one of those who overreacted to the re-signing of Zanatta although rated Connolly in his first spell. As has been said, both have been absolutely fine so far and most criticism seems to come from people who made up their minds before a ball was kicked.

4 hours ago, raith1974 said:

If Vaughans out for any length of time and I don't mean a couple of weeks then we need to bring someone in as his workrate, creativity and goals will be sorely missed.

Cue me saying “Mitchell”…

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Varian is a youth international for Ireland and looked ok in parts but probably too much to expect him to fire in lots of goals,why do you think Mitchell is the answer? I’m interested seriously or do you just love the fall out on here 😂

Edited by Been going too long

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just resist the urge for a change...

Nah…

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

Varian is a youth international for Ireland and looked ok in parts but probably too much to expect him to fire in lots of goals,why do you think Mitchell is the answer? I’m interested seriously or do you just love the fall out on here 😂

So I guess the humour was completely lost upon you.

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Let’s see, how about Mahady?

https://twitter.com/CowdenbeathFC/status/1424375656490614787?s=20

13 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

On a totally separate note, anyone know when season tickets are being sent out? Two games into the league campaign, plus four League Cup ties, and still to arrive. Pretty poor effort. 

My son and I have ours mate, came week before the accies game. Might depend when you bought yours but I would give the club a call and chase it up.

19 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a case of deja vu re Armstrong where he moves to another club and then doesn't get the same level of game time as he did with ourselves. Either way, I'm not too upset he's away as I think Zanatta and Connolly have the ability to step up. 

Exactly right. Zanatta and Connolly have stepped up. Compared to how they played last season for other teams.