The New Raith Rovers Thread

Meanwhile, another rival adds to their striking options, with Innes Cameron joining QoS. I’m not saying I wanted him at Stark’s, but others are adding to their options whilst we seem to be standing still. Or at least the team will be when it picks itself yet again on Saturday for another tough game because there’s no-one else to choose.

It's fair enough really to get him some game time and we do have cover.

We really need to add up the other end of the park because Dario will dry up with the goals sooner or later. I would even be happy with a midfielder coming in to offer options. 

28 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Meanwhile, another rival adds to their striking options, with Innes Cameron joining QoS. I’m not saying I wanted him at Stark’s, but others are adding to their options whilst we seem to be standing still. Or at least the team will be when it picks itself yet again on Saturday for another tough game because there’s no-one else to choose.

I would have been delighted with Innes Cameron. However, it was always unlikely Killie would loan him to a team with the potential (however unlikely) to be 2 points behind them after Saturday.

A club would have to be really incompetent to loan a player to another team so close to them in the same division…

Didn’t realise the loan deadline was 5pm, with the lack of rumours and little time left it doesn’t seem like we are going to get someone of the required quality in which is a real shame. 

Edited by R.R.FC

Aye, fairly brutal that we aren't brining anyone in by the looks of it. Look fairly short of bodies. 

Musonda should add some quality in the middle (if that's where he's going to play) that should keep BRS out of the team but we are woefully short up top.

I know great loan signings and free agents don't grow on trees, especially at this time. But losing Vaughan,  loaning out Keatings, having 2 televised cup ties (one away to Celtic Park), getting a 6 figure sum for a player - and bringing zero players in during that period, really does not look good at all.

We are relying on no injuries or suspensions.  Which is fucking insane.  And that's before addressing the obvious short fall in quality.

Edited by CALDERON

17 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I know great loan signings and free agents don't grow on trees, especially at this time. But losing Vaughan,  loaning out Keatings, having 2 televised cup ties (one away to Celtic Park), getting a 6 figure sum for a player - and bringing zero players in during that period, really does not look good at all.

We are relying on no injuries or suspensions.  Which is fucking insane.  And that's before addressing the obvious short fall in quality.

Aye, but think of the quality portacabin we'll get.

Looks like we're gonna be bumbling along till the transfer window opens again, something seriously wrong that we cant get bodies in from the league above, is it our constant injury woes thats putting players off or them not wanting to play on plastic, we'll be lucky to get through to January with what we've got left

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

28 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Don't think I can handle another interview talking about portacabins, or how Mcglynn gets offered players every week etc.

Agreed if we get offered so many players every week how did we end up with an 18 year old striker, a Livi loan player that has a nice touch but doesn't look like a goalscorer and an 18 year old winger from Dundee Utd. Our squad depth is shocking. Our budget has increased but depth and quality from last season has gone the other way.

If you listen to one of McGlynn’s interviews the impression I get he is being too picky.

My fear is with squad numbers were a couple of injuries/suspensions away from being fucked. I like some have said already would rather us have couple half decent players in to work with the squad rather than sit on our hands and potentially scores ourselves because we couldn’t get that perfectly desired player. 

Adam King was the definition of ‘getting a body in’ and everyone moaned about how bad he was. I think it’s very harsh to be accusing McGlynn of perfectionism, more a case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

I agree we do look very light in the forward areas though. We’re a couple of injuries away from being in serious trouble there. It’s a gamble.

I suppose you could also argue we’d rather see Kieran Mitchell thrown in at the deep end (or if it came to it, a recalled Coulson/Mahady) rather than some random 17 year old kid from the Premiership.

29 minutes ago, Paco said:

I suppose you could also argue we’d rather see Kieran Mitchell thrown in at the deep end (or if it came to it, a recalled Coulson/Mahady) rather than some random 17 year old kid from the Premiership.

I think this is what it probably boiled down to for McGlynn. I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing a bit more of Mitchell. Didn’t really see the league cup games he played more of a part in but I’ve heard it said he looked fairly exciting.

Edited by Enigma

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think this is what it probably boiled down to for McGlynn. I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing a bit more of Mitchell. Didn’t really see the league cup games he played more of a part in but I’ve heard it said he looked fairly exciting.

I wouldn’t say he looked exciting, it is what it is now. John has rolled the dice let’s hope he is lucky on the injuries and suspensions front 🤞🏻

We do desperately need more depth to the squad. Last night showed exactly that. 3 games in 6 days and there were a few players starting to look a bit leggy. Dunfermline for all their woes were able to bring good players on and change their approach. It's frustrating that we haven't brought anyone in but mcglynn knows what he has to work with till January. He can hopefully work on getting the right players in, in January instead of getting the wrong players in right now. Beyond the starting 11 right now though, there is not enough quality.

I still just can't see how a bigger budget results in less quality and less numbers in a squad when I personally think there's an overall dip in quality in the squad this season. That's before you look at selling tait, the celtic money etc.

19 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Definitely plus give Mitchell /arnott / Lang/ McKay a start in that as I couldn’t care less if we go out, let’s see what they can do 

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Will you please make up your mind…and quit reading mine (excepting McKay now)