The New Raith Rovers Thread

Seems crazy to plough on and accept the loss of income. Suspend for 3 weeks and if we can continue with full or larger than 500 crowds then we have income and the same congestion as other teams. If 3 weeks is extended take the hit at that point. 

Wouldn't be happy if I was being excluded entirely, some kind of ballot in single or family groups is the way forward. 

If this covered 3 games the 1200 get to see the team, way better than 0.

Like everyone I'm baffled by the 500 number. I will the decision makers to get it right but they have boobed here. A percentage of the capacity, socially distanced and ask clubs to prioritise season ticket holders who are local. I think their efforts to throw football a bone have backfired big style. 

The 500 is a made up figure, they’ve already admitted there’s absolutely no science behind it. The fact that size of stadium isn’t taken into account further makes it a nonsense 

On allocation, I’d be happier if it was more Rovers fans getting to at least one fixture. So if you get QOS, you’ve no chance of a Pars ticket and vice versa. Give more folk the chance to take in a game.

Edited by roverthemoon

58 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

The 500 is a made up figure, they’ve already admitted there’s absolutely no science behind it. The fact that size of stadium isn’t taken into account further makes it a nonsense 

On allocation, I’d be happier if it was more Rovers fans getting to at least one fixture. So if you get QOS, you’ve no chance of a Pars ticket and vice versa. Give more folk the chance to take in a game.

John Swinney has already been in the press saying they've chosen 500 because "they want to be seen as being firm". It's all bollocks. 

All the clubs deserve credit for trying to find a resolution as quick as possible for this. The solution we've offered is as fair as you can get. 

Small groups in the ST ballot is a bit pish. I go on my own. Used to take my son until he left to go to uni and now I sit in splendid in isolation. I quite like it that way and me and I get a wee blether with those who sit near me. I don't know any of them though, so there's no small group for me. Looks like I'll be in the hoose. One more chance for all you punters with loadsa pals.

I don’t know how straight forward it would be to do that, especially with limited office staff, but I think that’s fair.

Pleased we’ve went down the ballot route regardless.

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Small groups in the ST ballot is a bit pish. I go on my own. Used to take my son until he left to go to uni and now I sit in splendid in isolation. I quite like it that way and me and I get a wee blether with those who sit near me. I don't know any of them though, so there's no small group for me. Looks like I'll be in the hoose. One more chance for all you punters with loadsa pals.

Optional...same chance entering as an individual.

7 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I don’t know how straight forward it would be to do that, especially with limited office staff, but I think that’s fair.

Pleased we’ve went down the ballot route regardless.

I'd imagine they want to avoid it as nobody would go for the tickets for the Queens game in an attempt to secure one for the Pars game. 

Been mulling this mess over for a bit, and it seems the relative correct choice was made, given the unpredictable nature of the Government entities involved. A three week suspension would put the entire season at risk when, as is likely, the whole plan changes again in an unpredictable manner in two to three weeks. It is more likely than not that limits will remain on crowds this season. Going forward with the matches gets them done now, with costs that would likely be unavoidable due to pre-ordering, scheduling, etc, rather than pushing them back to an unknown time while still owing for some prep costs.

For fans, it’s a terrible blow, but one we've seen coming for some time now. With our ST holders able to get one of three matches versus potentially not being able to attend any of the three, it is a pretty solid compromise. The sheer idiocy of a flat 500 limit, regardless of facility, spacing or measures, emphasizes the likelihood of further Governmental stupidity in the coming weeks and months.

I also fear that the clubs are taking the view that another shutdown is possible, so it’s best to get to at least 24 matches, and preferably 27, played as soon as possible. Stay safe, and let’s hope they (SG) finally see how stupid this move was.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
22 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Optional...same chance entering as an individual.

Ah, misread the rules. As you were. A small group can be a perfectly splendid 1. I'm in.

Checked the scales, I’m certainly in the small group on my own list.🙄

59 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Seems as though each match is a free for all. 

Mmm,aware of the situation  the clubs been put in and difficulties rolling this out but if someone or a group are successful for one match they shouldn,t be eligible for another

Quite like the way Arbroath have done it

To try and be fair to everyone, there are two options.

Option 1 - To choose either match as your preferred first choice, this will not guarantee that you will be to attend this match but you will then be entered into a random ballot where a maximum of 500 season ticket holders will be issued an e-ticket for one game, with the remaining a maximum of 500 season ticket holders being offered a ticket for the alternative fixture (season ticket cards will NOT be active for these two matches).  

Option 2 - To inform us that you do not wish to attend either of these matches in person but instead use your virtual season ticket and watch both games live via Arbroath FC TV.  

Edited by Rovers_Lad

We have roughly 1100 ST holders and 3 games at about 380 tickets. 

Could they draw all 3 games at once which would mean every season ticket holder gets a ticket for 1 match. 

Fans could then trade tickets amongst themselves if you can't make your own match nut can make someone else's.

Or draw game 1 then leave everyone else in for a week then draw game 2 and what's left after that gets game 3  

Edited by pub car king