The New Raith Rovers Thread

How did you do? 
Tell us more...
Won game 1-0 and had a shutout but never heard anything again. To be fair I was a fuckwit at that age.
Actually on reflection I played quite a lot of reserve league East games back then for various teams.

On 02/03/2022 at 23:57, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

According to McGlynn's post match interview, Ethan Varian needs staples in his head after a clash.

It's not a bad thing, I've had Staples in my head for years.

Snap!

We are in a Cup final, in the play off hunt and our club administration is absolute carnage. John will stay till the end of the season then move on when there is no new contract.

Sim will state a change is the next part of the clubs evolution.

Not that us fans will know as we get nothing from anyone beyond the manager. 

Club TV (despite their capability to do so) probably aren't allowed to touch the level of critical questioning required. Local journos give us entertaining fluff pieces but need to avoid biting the hand that feeds them. 

All well and good coming on camera to talk about floodlights, playing surfaces and mahoosive portacabins but there is no one behind the scenes who has the capacity or depth of character to face the camera. 

On K107, I said it was good that McGlynn would get a chance to lead a team out in a cup final after being sacked twice before with Hearts and Livi. It looks like it's not going to be third time lucky. Ayr took their chances, but in reality could've had more. We had four clear cut chances and fluffed them all. The system has to change. It's like all the confidence we had during the first two quarters has completely evaporated. 

I'm a McGlynn fan, but if there is anything to salvage from the season, be it cup final, better prize money for a higher finish, or outlandish as it may be now, a playoff place, I don't believe he can do it. He seems to have lost his way, and the remaining games could very well just be a death of 1000 cuts, as the placing prize money dwindles away with every bad result.

Change needed before summer.

We need all the finances we can get from prize money, the further down the league we slip if this run isn't stopped will impact severely on next season, he's proved he hasn't a clue how to do that and has to be replaced along with Smith and his Mrs

Theres no room in this business for sentiment

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

This season can’t end soon enough. I still can’t face going to Starks after the GW fiasco - which is a bit of a blessing given the teams slow and now complete capitulation since October. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so disinterested in football as I do now. The loss of big Frank was another sucker punch. Seems the soul of the club has been sucked out. Even McGlynn is on very shaky ground after todays result. Unthinkable.

On the positive side this whole situation has shown that whilst you might be able to commit rape and avoid a prison sentence in Scotland, society has changed and there are consequences, quite significant consequences, that you are likely to face. Having read the full civil case notes I think situations like that happen every week in the towns and cities across Scotland but go unnoticed and unpunished. Shameful. Hopefully the spotlight and strong stance taken over DW might deter future potential rapists. That would be one silver lining from this sh*t show.

I honestly don’t know where we go from here. We’re in a cup final and I don’t care. 

The board continue to arrange deckchairs on the Titanic as the ship slowly sinks. It strikes me that the only people associated with the club to show any leadership through this whole situation are not in decision making positions and surely that has to change. Filling a board with old accountants and having a puppet CEO is not a recipe for successful leadership. If Simm isn’t going to return to Kirkcaldy and get involved day to day then he sure as hell needs to find some new leaders on and off the pitch. 

Edited by Munter