The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The only upside to this horrible run of form is that we're giving a leg up to every one of the Pars' relegation rivals. 

I can't see anything different next week either.. 

Cant see the financial  benefit there. Pars far better away support than other bottomhalf teams

It’s a real weird one for me, if you just woke up from a coma you would think everything was rosy, not too much difference with league position and certainly no second season regression, in a cup final and some handy players signed up on more than single season contracts. It might just be time for a fresh voice though, but we need to be careful as a bad appointment could put us right in the weeds. Not enamoured by any of the usual suspects out there right now and I guess some of the ‘bigger’ names looking for their first job might be interested but it is a big gamble to go down that road.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

The inept c**ts that comprise the remaining BoD of RRFC are the last people I’d entrust with a search for a new manager. It’s a totally horrendous situation to be in, hoping a limping, damaged figurehead is allowed to stay long enough to get some intelligent changes at the top and realizing that simp,y won’t happen. However, if this BoD doesn’t have an external company led search (and I know that costs money) conducted, I fear they’ll f**k this up like the DG situation and we’ll end up in League One in a year and a bit.

Did you just swear?

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

The inept c**ts that comprise the remaining BoD of RRFC are the last people I’d entrust with a search for a new manager. It’s a totally horrendous situation to be in, hoping a limping, damaged figurehead is allowed to stay long enough to get some intelligent changes at the top and realizing that simp,y won’t happen. However, if this BoD doesn’t have an external company led search (and I know that costs money) conducted, I fear they’ll f**k this up like the DG situation and we’ll end up in League One in a year and a bit.

It’s a Rovers Board appointing a manager. We’d be as well just writing some names on a bit of paper and letting them throw darts.

“Right boys, Barry Ferguson it is!”

Do all you ungrateful amnesic and short sighted b*****ds wanting to ditch McGlynn really think you'll get anyone better? Who?

If McGlynn goes I hope for your sakes it's a Peter Grant or David Hopkin because that's who you fuckin deserve.

4 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Do all you ungrateful amnesic and short sighted b*****ds wanting to ditch McGlynn really think you'll get anyone better? Who?

If McGlynn goes I hope for your sakes it's a Peter Grant or David Hopkin because that's who you fuckin deserve.

What happened? You were on a very long unbeaten run. Absolutely flying and looked to be between you and Arbroath for title.

All of a sudden goals being conceded and goals drying up at the other end.

This began before “the January transfer debacle” so why did things change so dramatically? Was McGlynn distracted in his pursuit of Scotland’s top scorer? Did he mess about with formation or starters?

Still time to make playoffs, but guess it’s between you and ICT now.

Always had a soft spot for Raith Rovers for some reason.

17 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Short sighted ?

It’s been 4 months of pish 

33 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Maybe get Danny Lennon in. 

Our early season form and this league being generally devoid of quality really has papered over the fact we are quite terrible now. We haven't won in the league in 11 games. You can say we won't get anyone better than mcglynn but he hasn't shown the ability to turn around our current form. He has persisted to make the same mistakes in team selection and has us playing in an all too predictable way.
Alot hangs on Spencer coming back in to the team now for me. We need to hope that he really was the catalyst to our 15 games unbeaten and that he can capture that form which gets the rest of the team ticking again.

On Spencer, I was quite surprised that he wasn't given at least 15 or 20 minutes yesterday. The game was lost and it seemed an ideal chance to get some minutes under his belt. 
I can only assume he isn't fit enough because it was the change we needed in midfield yesterday.

35 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

So how much longer without a win should we go before he gets punted? Wait until our pjayoff chances are completely gone? Or maybe wait until we are bottom half way through next season?

The players are clearly not playing their best for him for whatever reason and he has shown no signs he can turn it round. 

Seems you just like taking the opposite view to the majority of the support on any issue at the club 

On Spencer, I was quite surprised that he wasn't given at least 15 or 20 minutes yesterday. The game was lost and it seemed an ideal chance to get some minutes under his belt. 
I can only assume he isn't fit enough because it was the change we needed in midfield yesterday.
Was saying the same thing, the only reason I can think he never came on is that he wasn't ready but then why is he even on the bench in that case. It's another example of decisions McGlynn is making which really don't add up.

Was saying the same thing, the only reason I can think he never came on is that he wasn't ready but then why is he even on the bench in that case. It's another example of decisions McGlynn is making which really don't add up.
He was maybe hoping to get 20-30 minutes for Spencer had we not been a complete shambles yesterday and decided against it so as not to ruin his confidence before he's fit.

McGlynn’s not getting sacked as we’re in no danger of the bottom 2. He’ll get until the end of the season unless something dramatically changes and then he’ll be punted when his contract expires.  There’s absolutely zero signs he has any clue how to turn us around and the players are clearly not interested anymore. Has he lost the dressing room? Absolutely no idea but he’s clearly not getting much out of that team and hasn’t since November/ December. I expect baring a miracle turnaround we’ll limp to the end of the season and McGlynn and Smith will be released, no doubt the CEO as Smith’s wife will then go too and the board will use this as “changed within the club” to try and bury the whole Goodwillie saga and save their own skins. It’s a very sad end of an era for McGlynn but with the whole DGW and now a run that must be up there with our worst record league games without a win I don’t see a way back for him. He’s got 9 games to salvage his career with Raith and he’d better figure a way to get this lot playing and fast.  Yesterday was an absolute shambles and looked like the players had never met before let alone trained together for months. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

46 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

So how much longer without a win should we go before he gets punted? Wait until our pjayoff chances are completely gone? Or maybe wait until we are bottom half way through next season?

The players are clearly not playing their best for him for whatever reason and he has shown no signs he can turn it round. 

Seems you just like taking the opposite view to the majority of the support on any issue at the club 

Eh! Is that not the job of the regulars on here? The same same folk who were fanatical about Mcglynn are now turning their back on him. Yesterday was the the lowest of the low for quite a while tbh not many managers can go 11 league games without a win and retain their job.

After the Goodwillie fiasco do you really expect the directors to make such a big call? No chance! The reaction of some of our support would be apocalyptic christ TxRover would be burning his cowboy hat or at least be forced to do something else other than spending  his life on social media. 

As well as the Management being out of contract in the summer, we have Bene, McKay, Musonda, Tumilty, Spencer, Snow, as well as loans ending for Mackie, Poplatnik, Varian, and Williamson 

Are there any in there apart from Tumilty and Spencer worth keeping hold of, considering McKay and Musonda seldom get any game time and the elusive Mr Keatings is still on the books unless he calls it a day , and of course will there be any money in the kitty after the nameless one gets his payday to sign anyone else let alone who we'd like to keep..

17 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

As well as the Management being out of contract in the summer, we have Bene, McKay, Musonda, Tumilty, Spencer, Snow, as well as loans ending for Mackie, Poplatnik, Varian, and Williamson 

Are there any in there apart from Tumilty and Spencer worth keeping hold of, considering McKay and Musonda seldom get any game time and the elusive Mr Keatings is still on the books unless he calls it a day , and of course will there be any money in the kitty after the nameless one gets his payday to sign anyone else let alone who we'd like to keep..

I’d let Bene, McKay, Musona and Snow go, try to keep Spencer and Tumilty. Almost forgot about the Keatings saga after everything else.