The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Kane Hester is the only name on that list that would deserve consideration…if it wasn’t for the betting issue…plus he’s on a fresh 2 year deal, so we’d have a likely suspension and a decent sum to pay.

Dowds is an unfortunate one, as he’d have fitting into what we want for our strikers, but Partick had him on a PCA early on. Surely they wouldn’t loan him to us, eh?

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Has Murray actually said anywhere he's keen to keep Connell?

There was an article in the Courier regarding loans, but simply said Killie were happy with the experience he was getting.

I'm not sure he has. He just hasn't said he's going back. Sure he said something about talking to the club. Hopefully it's to arrange to meet them ar Harthill or something to hand him back.

8 hours ago, Michael W said:

Couple this with his likely high wage demands and I think we know why he is currently without a club. It might well be The Championship would suit him, but if not he'd be a very expensive mistake. We've certainly had enough of those recently. 

Would’ve been a better move than the fuckin rapist imo.

3 hours ago, renton said:

Except that McGlynn in his first spell brought in Johnny Baird, Brian Graham, Gregory Tade, Kevin Smith and Gary Wales as well as some other strikers of greater or lesser influence. He clearly had no issue with strikers then. Even in his second spell, he managed to get hold of Maclean, and took punts on Duku and Ugwu so it's not like he had a congenital blind spot. 

Also, Murray - based on his comments about midfield prior (paraphrasing, but: it helps but doesn't win you games) suggests to me he isn't really a ball control first type of coach but has adapted his style to the players still at the club. I think if he could launch a quick ball at two quality strikers, he would.

I’d love to see another Gary Wales type striker. He was fucking awesome. Injuries and all. He made up for it in goals. 

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Has Murray actually said anywhere he's keen to keep Connell?

There was an article in the Courier regarding loans, but simply said Killie were happy with the experience he was getting.

He said it’s been hard for Kyle coming up a level, but he’s had good games and bad. They need to talk to Killie and Kyle.

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’d love to see another Gary Wales type striker. He was fucking awesome. Injuries and all. He made up for it in goals. 

I remember 3 spectacular goals from Gary Wales. One volley which curled in particularly stood out - had a touch of class than man. 

Dismal remembering about Brian Graham, Nisbet and Tade etc when you look at current. I get second hand embarrassment when big John actively looks to sign autographs and a wee boy keeps him out the team.

Just doesn’t feel like the Rovers are in a good place right now, hopefully something clicks on and off the park.

Edited by RAITHROVERS84

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I remember 3 spectacular goals from Gary Wales. One volley which curled in particularly stood out - had a touch of class than man. 

Dismal remembering about Brian Graham, Nisbet and Tade etc. 

Just doesn’t feel like the Rovers are in a good place right now, hopefully something clicks on and off the park.

25 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The clubs literally offering to sell players to the first bidder and some folk are thinking we're going to be getting better than Kyle Connell in January? Might be wanting a wee bit of a reality check here. 

Who’s on the fire sale? I’d take Stanton and Ross. 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Who’s on the fire sale? I’d take Stanton and Ross. 

f**k knows if there is, or isn't going to be one, or who would be considered. Ross seems to have had a recurrence of a long term injury that has largely kept him out this season, so good luck with that. Same with Matthews as well.

Would hate to sell Stanton - a really good player as you say - but Easton, Gullan and Vaughan all play that position as well so if we had to lose someone I reckon he'd likely be the highest earner of the four (Gullan is another who likely is on fair swedge) in that position.

Edited by renton

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The clubs literally offering to sell players to the first bidder and some folk are thinking we're going to be getting better than Kyle Connell in January? Might be wanting a wee bit of a reality check here. 

If we can't do better than Kyle Connell then we are as well getting the buckets and spades dusted off now.

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Exactly my point though we are in a bad way financially yet contemplating resigning Connell however on the flip side has Gullan been any better no he’s done nothing TBH and I stated at the time a panic signing by Mcglynn on a 2 and a half year deal my god