The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Personally,  I think its fair to think that Mcglynn is one of the best managers to manage the club in recent times, and did a hell of a lot of good.

It's also fair to recognise he had a disaster last season, that we are probably better off without him, and that what's happening at Falkirk is fucking hilarious.

^This

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but from The Record:

Raith Rovers have tabled a number of contract extensions.

Boss Ian Murray has offered new deals to Jamie MacDonald, Liam Dick, Aidan Connolly and captain Scott Brown.

Midfielder Brad Spencer also has the option of another, which the player can trigger, at his request, by the end of the month.

New chief executive Andrew Barrowman and Murray met the players last week to make offers and discuss their futures.

Rovers hope to have answers from the majority of their squad by next week.

Thought it was confirmed already that Brown had triggered an automatic extension based on games played?

Just now, Michael W said:

I would not keep Liam Dick. 

I can see the logic: he can play two different positions in a very 6 out of 10 type manner and has rarely been unable to play.

On the other hand, if Millen is going to play like a 90s wingback crossing from deep, we surely need a more attacking outlet down the other side.

10 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but from The Record:

Raith Rovers have tabled a number of contract extensions.

Boss Ian Murray has offered new deals to Jamie MacDonald, Liam Dick, Aidan Connolly and captain Scott Brown.

Midfielder Brad Spencer also has the option of another, which the player can trigger, at his request, by the end of the month.

New chief executive Andrew Barrowman and Murray met the players last week to make offers and discuss their futures.

Rovers hope to have answers from the majority of their squad by next week.

Tbh I wouldn’t keep Liam Dick I don’t think he’s good enough for where we want to be and there’s a lot better Left backs defensively and going forward out there but I could see why Murray would want to keep him as he can play CH as well but I just don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter for us 

9 minutes ago, renton said:

Thought it was confirmed already that Brown had triggered an automatic extension based on games played?

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Possibly we're trying to tie him down beyond next season already?

That seems the matter, he is signed for next year, confirmed.

Saw a mention of Coulson at Alloa, so I asked in their thread how he was doing:

“Burst onto the scene and was a real bright spark in the team. So direct, skillful and pacey, which is something we don't have. He did have a dip of form and found himself on the bench for a period but with injuries we are back to him starting and he has taken that opportunity excellently. A stand-out last night against Hamilton. I really like him and he is a real driving force for this team. If he adds consistent numbers to his game next season, you'd have a serious player.”

11 minutes ago, renton said:

I can see the logic: he can play two different positions in a very 6 out of 10 type manner and has rarely been unable to play.

On the other hand, if Millen is going to play like a 90s wingback crossing from deep, we surely need a more attacking outlet down the other side.

I see the merit in keeping him from that perspective, but if we're looking to move forward I wouldn't have him as a starter. 

23 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Given the large surface area available Rovers could not only be completely self sufficient but become a net producer to the grid.

Weight of panels not the only issue. They would have to contact D.N.O. ( S.P. Energy Networks) to see if infrastructure can handle this.

2 minutes ago, Surely No said:

Weight of panels not the only issue. They would have to contact D.N.O. ( S.P. Energy Networks) to see if infrastructure can handle this.

We did just redo the electrical, eh?

If IM seemed more of a fan of Young I would have suggested he might use Young for his motor and crossing while Dick was the basic LB and covering CB, but with the suggestions it looked like Young is away, IDK.

Assuming Murray signs another left back to challenge/hopefully replace Dick I'm happy enough with him staying. The key is the quality of the other left back, because ultimately Ngwenya wasn't good enough to force Dick out of the tram.

Not surprised that Dick has been offered a new deal.  Yeah he’s not the best player, but our huge issue this season was having no depth.  Dick can play a couple of positions and is reliable.  I’m assuming he’ll end up as more of a squad player rather than a first choice, depending who else we bring in.  But in that role I’d be happy to have him.