The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought Corr started off really nervous, but grew into the game.  Admittedly I didn't have a great view of the action down the other end in the 2nd half, but thought the defence as a whole struggled a bit as Mcallister and Hester got a grip on things.  I thought he looked better than Masson at centre half.

None of that should be confused with sering him as a starting centre half at championship level.  As a first impression of a youngster with pretty much zero experience at our level, it looked like there was potential there.  

26 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I saw nothing in those highlights to suggest Corr is ready and a starter. I still think we will have another CH signed as Watson surely wants to play on the right side of the pairing not the left.

See I didn’t think Corr was that bad at all last night aye a few mistakes here and there, but that’s apart of the learning process.

but I do agree we need another CH signed someone in the mid-late 20s bracket someone experienced but not too old type thing and I still think we need another LB if it’s Patterson fine but I think we could be doing a lot better imo 

6 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

See I didn’t think Corr was that bad at all last night aye a few mistakes here and there, but that’s apart of the learning process.

but I do agree we need another CH signed someone in the mid-late 20s bracket someone experienced but not too old type thing and I still think we need another LB if it’s Patterson fine but I think we could be doing a lot better imo 

A lot better!!, Murray’s signing of defenders isn’t the greatest. Paterson if given the chance can be a quality signing. Unless there are others he has identified that can do a better job. Defenders are a rare breed these days as all clubs are trying to recruit in that area, depends what cash is available to convince them to join. 

Watched the game last night and Corr did look promising, even with some of the mistakes.  But there’s a big difference between being promising against a League One side in a pre-season game and being a starter in the Championship.  There’s a reason Murray has said he’s looking to bring in another CB.

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Ready made CH in Liam Dick that gives us 4 in that position, all we need are one or two at LB whether one of those is Patterson who I personally think has potential, will be up to the powers that be who make the decisions............  thankfully 

At the moment he's having to play about with what he has in defence.Giving Masson/Corr a run out makes sense as chances are they probably won't be starting in the Championship but it at least guages where they are. Watson will obviously be a first team pick so really need someone else alongside him. It'll be interesting what he does with the left back position. Does he stick Dick back there with Paterson (if he decides to sign him) as cover? 

I'm more concerned that at the moment Hamilton is injured, Mullin went off injured last night, there is no sign of Brown, Ethan Ross (what's happening there), Mitchell (no idea) and Connolly who we know about. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

I'm more concerned that at the moment Hamilton is injured, Mullin went off injured last night, there is no sign of Brown, Ethan Ross (what's happening there), Mitchell (no idea) and Connolly who we know about. 

Read in the courier Murray hopes to have Mitchell and Hamilton available for the weekend the other 3 are injured/carrying knocks

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Ready made CH in Liam Dick that gives us 4 in that position, all we need are one or two at LB whether one of those is Patterson who I personally think has potential, will be up to the powers that be who make the decisions............  thankfully 

I get that Liam Dick could play at CH and he’s probably better there than at LB but I still think we need another 1 in both positions and as I said I’m not against Patterson signing if something could be worked out with Hartlepool but I’m getting the impression by the Raith tv on commentary that Patterson is only in helping us atm since he’s still a Hartlepool player and you don’t get anything for friendlies etc 

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I get that Liam Dick could play at CH and he’s probably better there than at LB but I still think we need another 1 in both positions and as I said I’m not against Patterson signing if something could be worked out with Hartlepool but I’m getting the impression by the Raith tv on commentary that Patterson is only in helping us atm since he’s still a Hartlepool player and you don’t get anything for friendlies etc 

Oh, I was under the impression that if he found another club Hartlepool would let him go, 

On viewing last night, raith are in for good season. Plenty attacking players and play some lovely football. Cruised it first half as montrose had nothing up front but second half was tighter once montrose brought on Rory and Hester. They looked like they could be a great partnership this season. 

If raith get another solid centre half then they will definitely be challenging for the title