The New Raith Rovers Thread

As feared in the photo earlier, things don’t match. 

It’s an utter dugs dinner of a top. Worst home top in years. If rumours of a yellow away top are true god knows how that will turn out.

Still, I’ll be buying them both 😂

Edited by Raithfan2711

Looks like two different strips sewn together - when weirdly either on their own would have been class. And that collar is odd. So not for me but not going to get hung up on a strip. We’ve won leagues and cups in honking strips before so hopefully can do it again. 

20 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The tartan goes back a good few decades, to be fair. 

I'm definitely not into the top, but it probably works better as a supporters top than it does as a full kit. I'm not one for wearing football shirts, but the full navy isn't going to be as over-the-score if you're not also wearing navy shorts and socks. 

It feels like a missed opportunity to me. I've really liked the Joma kits up til now, I think we've had much more 'unique' fare from them, but this feels like too many people have had input on the shirt and all been allowed to pick their favourite bit, chucked on top of off-the-shelf shorts and socks. Change (or remove) just a couple of details and it becomes a much more cohesive piece of kit. 

It's not a complete eye-sore. We'll get used to it very quickly, and it's not the kind that you're going to dread seeing in photos in a few years if we have a good season. 

Fingers crossed the away kit has a bit more about it, though. 

Tartan trim on the shorts and socks instead of red would have given a Scotland euro 96 vibe 

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I usually can’t wait to see the new strips. But that is utterly horrific. The Blue shorts and socks make it worse. Why can’t we stick to a design that’s truly Rovers.

What do you mean by “truly rovers”? It’s a navy blue strip and has Raith Rovers tartan in it. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

What do you mean by “truly rovers”? It’s a navy blue strip and has Raith Rovers tartan in it. 

Yeah, exactly. We've always been a bit identikit. There is no "truly Rovers" unless the idea is to just regurgitate the seagull shit on the shoulder design as the last time we were decent.

Imagine if we did the unthinkable and got promoted in this kit? We'd have folk demanding re-treads of it every 5 years down the line.

6 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I usually can’t wait to see the new strips. But that is utterly horrific. The Blue shorts and socks make it worse. Why can’t we stick to a design that’s truly Rovers.

Just par for the course this season, all strips are honking,  Airdrie have still to reveal this year's special, and it's made by JOMA as well..

5 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I predict it’ll be even worse, going by that monstrosity of a home kit. 

Fucking hell man, you always swing for the fences don't you.