The New Raith Rovers Thread

49 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Only 2500 tickets sold for this Saturdays game is pretty grim. 
Looking at the north stand looks like pars have sold very few. 
Holidays, season tix not valid, 5.15pm, live on TV and it being an early season cup game meant it would never be huge but expected 4000 as a minimum.

It’s only Monday 🙄

53 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Agreed but it’s not exactly a clamour for tickets! 
Hopefully some FOMO kicks in and it bumps up as the week goes on.

Pars still have an Alloa friendly first…people tend to consider the next match first.

Sales for seats are slow for a reason. Family holidays take precedence, why wouldn’t they. The supporters will be back for the  league campaign (hopefully) to the fans that won’t come back, we have a new regime doing something new and exciting let’s get behind it. 

Edited by Stardog_champion

Aye, might be a bit of a reality check for some. The new board have been absolutely fantastic and pretty much everything out the club just now is positive but it's still a brutal time for most families, particularly in Kirkcaldy. Throw in people being on holidays and I suspect we'll see a difference between this derby and the next one.  

I would’ve expected a bigger crowd for the first game of the competitive season. Totally understand it’s holiday season and difficult time for people but It’s the first time we’ll see this new team plus all the upgrades to Starks Park, it’s an exciting time to be a rovers fan for a change

I think, generally speaking, a good chunk of tickets for a game like this, where there won’t be much danger a sell out, people will make up their mind on the day or the evening before the match and buy their tickets then.

Edited by Enigma

I think folk have significantly overestimated the effect of the new ownership on the casual fan if they thought we’d suddenly see a rush for tickets. For the casual fan, it's results on the pitch that'll get them coming back and for most it'll be a case of waiting and seeing how we start the season before deciding whether to attend or not. 

The early rounds of the League Cup were never exactly the fixtures that brought the punters in. Add in the early round now being moved to a time when the pre-season fixtures were taking place and I still find it hard to look at them as being proper games and not glorified friendlies. 

The game being on Viaplay* will also detract from the attendance too, although the TV fee will make up for that. 

*Like anyone's actually paying for this. 

2 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Anyone else heard that the programme is being scrapped this season?

It’s been produced every season since 1948.

Heritage eh ?

Really depends on the costs. For some people they'll love the ritual of it, but others won't bother given how online is. I don't think anyone should take it as a slight on the input of any volunteers - I've contributed myself and found it's very hard to find things to write about that might not have been done before. It's just adjusting to the current climate. While it's great to have that heritage if it's struggling to make a return then it's understandable. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Really depends on the costs. For some people they'll love the ritual of it, but others won't bother given how online is. I don't think anyone should take it as a slight on the input of any volunteers - I've contributed myself and found it's very hard to find things to write about that might not have been done before. It's just adjusting to the current climate. While it's great to have that heritage if it's struggling to make a return then it's understandable. 

Makes sense tbh I haven’t bought one for years for example , we get spoiled with online content/ Raith tv  so it’s kinda obsolete nowadays unfortunately .

8 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Anyone else heard that the programme is being scrapped this season?

It’s been produced every season since 1948.

Heritage eh ?

I think programmes are a bit outdated now. Just because it’s been done for 70 odd years isn’t a reason to continue something unless it’s benefiting the club.

On another note I’m guessing the new signing that Murray alluded to isn’t happening.

The printed word is dying out in general, we have upto date information in the palm of our hands. Aside from collectors I doubt that many will miss the programme and I'm sure kther clubs will be looking at theirs.