The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Raithfan2711 said:

If (and it is a big if) Brown is fit for Saturday, then Smith needs to start on the bench, Vaughan as the 10….

I’ll stop you right there. Vaughan has, unfortunately, most likely been the least productive (for time played) of our attacking players. Lewis needs a sit right now and an evaluation of how we’re using him. Hamilton at least has the excuse of limited time, but I afraid I find myself agreeing with those who suggest that Lewis may have passed his time as a must start for us. Smith has been much more involved, and is much less selfish with the ball.

Lewis still has a good role to play for us, and undoubtably has skills that are still important to success this season, but…

Edited by TxRover

50 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’ll stop you right there. Vaughan has, unfortunately, most likely been the least productive (for time played) of our attacking players. Lewis needs a sit right now and an evaluation of how we’re using him. Hamilton at least has the excuse of limited time, but I afraid I find myself agreeing with those who suggest that Lewis may have passed his time as a must start for us. Smith has been much more involved, and is much less selfish with the ball.

Lewis still has a good role to play for us, and undoubtably has skills that are still important to success this season, but…

Been the least productive?! Smith more involved? Must have seen different games from me. Do you mean Lewis Vaughan who scored and assisted Vs Annan yeah? What did Smith do on Saturday better than Lewis? The cross to Hamilton that Lewis played a great pass to put him in that position? You’d seriously have him in a 10 above Vaughan? No chance. Or are you sticking with the two up top that meant our midfield got completely overran on Saturday for most of it?

I can slightly understand the point that maybe both don’t start when everyone is fully fit if playing two DMs to make us more solid, but to say Smith is ahead of him after scoring exactly one goal so far is way off it. That isn’t meant to be a slight on Smith, he just hasn’t demonstrated he is as good a player in that position as Vaughan.

13 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Been the least productive?! Smith more involved? Must have seen different games from me. Do you mean Lewis Vaughan who scored and assisted Vs Annan yeah? What did Smith do on Saturday better than Lewis? The cross to Hamilton that Lewis played a great pass to put him in that position? You’d seriously have him in a 10 above Vaughan? No chance. Or are you sticking with the two up top that meant our midfield got completely overran on Saturday for most of it?

I can slightly understand the point that maybe both don’t start when everyone is fully fit if playing two DMs to make us more solid, but to say Smith is ahead of him after scoring exactly one goal so far is way off it. That isn’t meant to be a slight on Smith, he just hasn’t demonstrated he is as good a player in that position as Vaughan.

To be fair, if you have one of Brown, Matthews or McGill free to play and want to go 4-2-3-1, then at the moment you'd really have to let Easton play in that 10 role with Smith and Mullin wide playing off of Hamilton.

1 minute ago, renton said:

To be fair, if you have one of Brown, Matthews or McGill free to play and want to go 4-2-3-1, then at the moment you'd really have to let Easton play in that 10 role with Smith and Mullin wide playing off of Hamilton.

Ross or Easton on the left for me after what I’ve seen. Think Gullan is superior than Smith in that position when fit too. Vaughan as the 10 and Brown/Matthews/McGill in the middle with Stanton depending on fitness. Smith perfectly suitable replacement for injuries and impact sub.

17 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Ross or Easton on the left for me after what I’ve seen. Think Gullan is superior than Smith in that position when fit too. Vaughan as the 10 and Brown/Matthews/McGill in the middle with Stanton depending on fitness. Smith perfectly suitable replacement for injuries and impact sub.

Easton will do a job out wide but he's been better through the pre season/LC playing more central in the three behind the two.

Just on form alone, he'd have the starting berth. Ross can't be match fit yet,  f**k knows if Gullan ever will be for more than an hour at a time.

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

For the avoidance of doubt, there’s no malice in it, its just him being buzzing that we’ve scored. 

Watching that reverse angle from the RaithTV shot makes it very clear how well Mitchell did to hang back in a nice little clear spot out front of the goal, and then bury the shot across the goalie diving to the left…gave the keeper no chance to save it. That’s a very composed finish for such a young player.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just noticed Dylan Easton aiming a big kick in the direction of Kieran Mitchell as he runs away celebrating. Gonnae no, Dylan. 

Seen that in the highlights too.  Murray did say last season that he thought he'd got to the bottom of our injury problems.  Little did we know it's cause Easton gets carried away and just starts kicking our own players when he gets excited.

Edited by SanStarko