The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, Daz80 said:

Vaughan sets up the first goal, wins and scores the pen for the second. No bad for someone needing a place on the bench according to some. 

I think for many it’s more the two yellows in two games for petulant behavior.

3 hours ago, Starkiplier said:

Appreciate the response and I’m glad to hear it’s not the plan to add it in permanently. Wasn’t a criticism of yourself or anyone else at Raith TV, whenever I’ve watched a stream the commentary has always been enjoyable but when it comes to the highlights I always look forward to seeing and hearing the raw emotion of the goals being scored again, the roar when the equaliser went in at Partick was something else and it sounded like there was 5000 of us there not 500. I get that others may prefer the commentary but I’d be very surprised if that was a majority opinion. 

Yeah agree with this. Watching the highlights back with no commentary gives you the chance to 'relive the moment' and is much preferable for me. 

41 minutes ago, philpy said:

It's good scoring 5 goals in 2 games, but conceding 4 is a bit alarming.  We should have pushed the boat out to keep jamma, I'm not entirely convinced by big kev.

I think dabrowski will probably divide opinion for a while between those wanting to give him a chance to develop and those that can see he has alot of flaws in the fundamentals. Things as how he shapes himself when there's a high ball lead me to agree with the poster who said that he's maybe been clattered in the past (what happened to sticking your knee up to protect yourself). He didn't impress me much yesterday but he does alot of things well enough that I'm willing to give him time to improve on before making him the scapegoat so to speak. 

Defensively yesterday the cb pairing where often too far apart at the wrong times and too close at others. Haven't seen the highlights but I'd hazard that Watson was too close to Murray for the first goal we conceded, it certainly seemed that way at the time. Watson and millen got a little confused early on with positioning, who should go/stay also. All this is stuff that will come with time playing together though. The defence generally did well yesterday despite the two goals. Quitongo didn't get a look in before he hobbled off in embarrassment. I'm not sure dabrowski actually had to make a save, other than the one that was offside anyway. I think Murrays first sub is ultimately the reason we where pinned back for so long which resulted in the second goal. We lost smith as an outball to chase down everything and Hamilton was starting to look tired. Once we got Ross on we had more energy on the left and smith was doing his best graeme weir impression, working his arse off again which resulted in the winner. I think there's potential in smith and Hamilton as a pair. It really is a necessity that stanton plays further forward. He's so fucking good when he's on his game. He hasn't done badly deeper but it's definitely not his natural game. 

1 hour ago, rodricoh said:

I like the commentary with the the highlights. Keep it coming.

Personally enjoy the highlights far more with comms.

Asked Davie and Ian why they weren't always there when my nephew was mascot.

I recall Ian saying extra time in edit and without meaning to speak for Davie he said he wasn't a fan of the idea. He said they cater for radio listeners, live viewers and "in the moment excitement" doesn't always translate.

As an aside the mascot package was excellent. A few quid now but it's a great day.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

It's good scoring 5 goals in 2 games, but conceding 4 is a bit alarming.  We should have pushed the boat out to keep jamma, I'm not entirely convinced by big kev.

On the plus side, McNeil is getting plenty of experience at Edinburgh City, and judging by the available video, seems a little more happy to wander out and “control the box” as many seem to want to see. Of course, he also makes the occasional dogs dinner of something now and then, as you’d expect.

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Morton had excellent commentary during the covid period. No idea if they still offer the same service or not but would be good if they do for the likes of yourself. 

Could listen to Andy Ritchie talk about football all day. He came across as an absolute class act.

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Morton had excellent commentary during the covid period. No idea if they still offer the same service or not but would be good if they do for the likes of yourself. 

They did indeed, it was just low hanging fruit. In my experience, TonTv and QotS TV services provided commentary nearly equal to RaithTV, while the video tended to be a bit rougher. I would even admit that my experience with TonTV was perhaps marginally superior to some RaithTV calls due to the vast experience of one of their commentators at the time (That’s not casting aspersions at RaithTV).

RaithTV’s ability to get various footballers and football-connected persons to do co-commentary duty for at least a half for the last couple of seasons has added greatly to their broadcast, with Davie doing a great job of drawing intelligent and insightful commentary from the guests.

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

In my experience, TonTv and QotS TV services provided commentary nearly equal to RaithTV. 

QOTS must have improved. I mind buying a QOTS stream when we drew 1-1, think it was a game Connolly equalised. The commentary was terrible. Glee and laughter at any mistake we made after Queens took the lead and hardly a peep of commentary when we equalised. I actually think the co commentator was pished. 

36 minutes ago, Raithie said:

QOTS must have improved. I mind buying a QOTS stream when we drew 1-1, think it was a game Connolly equalised. The commentary was terrible. Glee and laughter at any mistake we made after Queens took the lead and hardly a peep of commentary when we equalised. I actually think the co commentator was pished. 

The guys who did it during the lockdown season were excellent, but moved on and the guys who replaced them were nowhere near the same calibre.

The female summariser on Ayr United's channel is also very good.

I certainly prefer the commentary on the Raith TV highlights. If I was being picky, I’d probably prefer them to do a summary commentary like Scotsport etc used to do for the shortened reels where they would explain what was about to take place. That’s more work for the guys though so wouldn’t expect it.

14 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I certainly prefer the commentary on the Raith TV highlights. If I was being picky, I’d probably prefer them to do a summary commentary like Scotsport etc used to do for the shortened reels where they would explain what was about to take place. That’s more work for the guys though so wouldn’t expect it.

The fact the Raith TV team had two interviews to make, clip and post before the match highlights went up, for me it would be pushing it to have match highlights up for midnight with additional commentary. Let them enjoy the aftermatch a bit and not have volunteers slogging in from of a computer ona Saturday night 👍👍

Edited by foreverarover