The New Raith Rovers Thread

I would have been astounded if you told me at the 80 minute mark at Firhill, that we would be sitting here with 7 points from 9.  I don't think we've played particularly well over the 3 games, but I'm particularly encouraged by yesterday to be honest.  That was as solid a defensive performance as you will see, and showed a side that we have not seen much of under Murray.

There is a hell of a long way to go, and I personally need to see a wee bit more before getting too excited, but definite signs that things have moved on from last season.  

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The Managers office at Hibs has a revolving door, let him think about that first. 

Same can be said for Dundee and he spoke to them.

More importantly, I think it's also worth mentioning that Kevin Thomson hoored himself out to every full time job going when he was at Kelty in a very very stable position. He then left because McKenzie and co got fed up of him talking to every club who came about. Murray would do very well to remember that.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

I'm less concerned about that than I would have been previously. Ideally we want continuity as much as possible and to try and build something, but the club are as an attractive a proposition as they have been for years.

There isn’t a single lower league manager who wouldn’t take a premiership job in a heartbeat.  Worse case is it doesn’t work out, they ger themselves a good pay-off and can re-enter the management market back at this level within a few months.

Edited by parsforlife

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

There isn’t a single lower league manager who wouldn’t take a premiership job in a heartbeat.  Worse case is it doesn’t work out, they ger themselves a good pay-off and can re-enter the management market back at this level within a few months.

Murray knows this better than most given his time at St Mirren. Guy had to move abroad to get another opportunity before coming back.

Taking his years playing at Hibs out of it, he doesn't have the managerial background or current hype to get close to the Hibs job.

Their support will want a big established name to try and steady the ship there.

Murray would take the job in a heartbeat. However, I don’t see anything on his CV, other than being an ex Hibs player, that would justify him getting the 5th biggest job in the country. He may well get an interview but I would expect them to have better options.