The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Remember Ethan Varian. I remember he scored against Aberdeen and that’s about it. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/249/league/SCO.2/season/2021

Great link for anyone looking to see previous squads. 

Ideally, you want a striker who's ruthless. Ethon Varian was the polar opposite. He had an abundance of ruth. His ruth cup overfloweth. 

40 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really liked Varian. Never seen a striker win more headers for us, ever. Shame there was no c**t within 25 yards of him whenever he did. 

Two league goals, I think - Ayr and Arbroath?

3 hours ago, Kuma Power said:

On the subject of us dominating the Challenge Cup, I was in Ljubljana in Slovenia this week and had a spare half-hour - so cycled out to the home of NK Bravo, where our cup final hero Matej Poplatnik now plies his trade. Unfortunately wasn't able to fit a game into the schedule, but did visit the club shop/bar to pick up a scarf for the collection. Nice wee club, the guys in the office said Matej has started this season well, but were a bit perplexed when I told them the reason he had a big bandage in the Challenge Cup Final was that he'd headed the ball with such force he ripped his ear open on an opponent's boot.

Apologies this is only peripherally related to the Rovers, but with not much to moan about at the moment, it at least helps to pass the time before the next game 😉 

image.jpeg.fd667b8f2b8dc8e0903bf87314992a66.jpegimage.jpeg.8362ff910baba4f096f40bae39cd1555.jpegimage.jpeg.4b9024f232503e8b1fb602116ce4a235.jpeg

Love a wee story about some random team, wherever I go on holiday etc I always visit the stadium in town if they have a team👏🏻

42 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Rumour of a striker coming in on loan. Thought it might have been defensive cover but interesting if it comes to fruition. 

Thar makes sense, we only have one centre forward in the squad at the moment.

18 minutes ago, philpy said:

Doesn't look like we are getting a Friday night game this season. Had a look at the bbc scotland schedule and we aren't on it.

There will be two home games at some point. They've not even announced half of the games in the contract yet.

12 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

If you haven't seen it yet then please do, great vision for the future of our club

We get wee sly digs from some other fans about where our money is coming from and why we aren’t asking more questions or feeling uneasy about the level of investment. 
Open and honest interviews like that are why we as a fan base are relaxed about the the direction the club is taking. 
Of course we may be wrong but it certainly feels like the investment is built on a solid platform with sound business acumen rather than some individuals dumping some money in to get some quick success before leaving us with a load of debt.