The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Bob in Denny said:

Reds man here..

I remember my first Reds v Crues game...

the home support had to remain in the ground for 15 minutes to allow the Crues fans to disperse after the game, a regular occurrence then at Solitude..

Haven't been across in a few years now...

I’d love to witness a game like that. I’ve become really fond of the Reds. A nice victory tonight against Institute 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've been to one football match in Northern Ireland. It was Cliftonville v Crusaders, at Solitude. Sorry for pre-emptively stealing your dream! 

It was a great wee ground though. Crusaders won the league that day, which put a dampener on the home crowd somewhat, but I had a great time. Like all great football grounds, it's just in the backend of an otherwise unremarkable scheme. 

I bet the atmosphere was fierce.There’s been some cracking games between the two clubs. I’d love to see that as they came in numbers to Starks. 

Edited by Stardog_champion

Glad the club canvassed fans on the seating decision. Equally glad the vast majority of fans supported the (IMO) no brainer decision to give more allocation to Dundee Utd in the Railway stand.

The singing section being over there is still an experiment that’s yet to win me over. Given I can only really think of the Pars League Cup game where it was a legitimate thing & not simply where the Community Foundation sat the kids groups, I can’t help shake the feeling that’s exactly what it is for some of these young lads - a gimmick to get closer to Pars fans when they’re in town.

Prefer them in full voice at the back of the South stand in any case.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Connor O'Riordan has put Crewe in front tonight and Keiron Bowie set up Northampton's second.

And Connor McBride just scored more league goals in the space of five minutes for Gateshead than he managed in a whole season for us.

You know, I was only about three days away from entirely forgetting Connor McBride's existence. 

9 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Not great at recalling this sort of stuff,but

Laurie Ellis was a defo and certain  Dougie Hill is correct,other two not sure off

Pretty sure Tx will pop by and confirm who the full backs were,how many games the played in,who they played against,scores,weather,strip colours and what pies were in sale at the kiosk

Dougie wore 5, Laurie wore 24…Dyer had 38 apperances, Donaldson had 26, Hill had 30 and Ellis had 32…the rest is easy to find, except the pies and sauce. On the pie front, @Broken Algorithms swore by the macaroni pies.

12 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Glad the club canvassed fans on the seating decision. Equally glad the vast majority of fans supported the (IMO) no brainer decision to give more allocation to Dundee Utd in the Railway stand.

The singing section being over there is still an experiment that’s yet to win me over. Given I can only really think of the Pars League Cup game where it was a legitimate thing & not simply where the Community Foundation sat the kids groups, I can’t help shake the feeling that’s exactly what it is for some of these young lads - a gimmick to get closer to Pars fans when they’re in town.

Prefer them in full voice at the back of the South stand in any case.

We moved our season ticket seats this season as they were generally a pain in the arse.  Go for a pish, come back, some wee nyaff sitting in yer seat.  Choking on fumes from pyros.  Seeing 12 year olds drinking smuggled in Buckie and MD2020!  Having to get up umpteen times during the game to let several of them out.  The fact they were going 2 to a seat, and giving the stewards non stop abuse (including physical last season).  Chucking sweets etc at other supporters (one caught a wee girl a dull one in the eye, the wee girls dad went nuts of course and the stewards were at HIM to calm down!).  

Yes they create an atmosphere, but lets just say I'm glad I moved our seats this season.  Didn't think they would last in the Railway Stand.  Not enough folk to piss off.

15 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’d love to witness a game like that. I’ve become really fond of the Reds. A nice victory tonight against Institute 

The delay in letting the Red fans out was more a hangover of the troubles,

Crues I reckon are the true derby game but for obvious reasons the Linfield game was always the biggie..

They have produced some excellent forwards like Boycie (now Hearts, ex Werder Bremen youth) and more recent Joe (the Goal) Gormley who unfortunately suffered a bad ACL when transferred to England, came back and still had the touch.

BBC NI sport is good for keeping up with what's happening and the goals...

2 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

The delay in letting the Red fans out was more a hangover of the troubles,

Crues I reckon are the true derby game but for obvious reasons the Linfield game was always the biggie..

They have produced some excellent forwards like Boycie (now Hearts, ex Werder Bremen youth) and more recent Joe (the Goal) Gormley who unfortunately suffered a bad ACL when transferred to England, came back and still had the touch.

BBC NI sport is good for keeping up with what's happening and the goals...

Cliftonville’s Captain Hale is an amazing leader. If Ian Murray starts losing the support of the fans I’d love to see Jim Magilton interviewed.🤣🤣 

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see O'Riordan has decided he's Irish after all and withdrawn from the Scotland u21s squad. 

I may be missing something here but you would think someone from the Scotland setup might have asked if he wanted to be called up before annoucing him the squad? Just makes the u21 manager look a bit silly when he goes back to Ireland a few days later. Cracking player though, its a shame he won't be back at the Rovers.

15 hours ago, berko said:

Never liked David Beckham until now....Get the Inter Miami friendly organised now! Board get it arranged! Send him a new shirt! 

It definitely looks like it should be a Raith top but apparently it's Ridgeway Rovers u10s which is a bit disappointing 😂 great talking point though and I wonder if he was asked that question. 

We're back for episode 2 with a few new (but familiar) faces to cover off a preview of the Saturday's game, thoughts on the singing section and a look back to some of the best goals scored into the North Stand of Stark's Park. 

Links here for audio only versions. Just a word of warning, the audio at the outro is a bit loud (David Latto kindly sent over higher quality audio files and I've forgot to change them to match the podcast).

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We're back for episode 2 with a few new (but familiar) faces to cover off a preview of the Saturday's game, thoughts on the singing section and a look back to some of the best goals scored into the North Stand of Stark's Park. 

Links here for audio only versions. Just a word of warning, the audio at the outro is a bit loud (David Latto kindly sent over higher quality audio files and I've forgot to change them to match the podcast).

I really enjoyed the first one. Will listen to this one on the drive home tonight! Keep them coming 👏

Edited by Jilted John

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Had this on in the background whilst working this morning. Excellent listen, enjoyed the contributions from all the guests. Never listened to the K107FM show to compare but enjoyed this episode and will listen again next week.

Only possible suggestion would be getting a (non-roaster) opposition fan to give a 5 minute spiel on their teams strengths,  weaknesses and opinions on the Rovers/match. Although award this might not be logistically possible and others might not care what opposition fans think.