The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

You just knew it wouldn't take long for that particular United page to claim he wasn't better than their keeper.  Admittedly, I haven't seen too much if him but I certainly wouldn't swap him for Big Kev.  I suspect they're judgement is affected by the complete numpty they had before him.

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Great Christmas 

IMG_2921.png

Absolutely over the moon with this news!  Great bit of business from the Rovers.  He could have easily went to a Premiership side and fitted right in.
Now for Dylan Easton, Ian Murray, Lewis Vaughan, Shaun Byrne, Dan O'Reilly, and Ross Millen hopefully!

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

Honestly, even a five minute heads up for the Club 1883 members was a brilliant play by the Rovers. It’s also amazing news, and probably bodes well for others, as if there was one player on the team I’d have picked as a target for a top tier team it was Sam. Dylan is amazing, but he’s a bit freelance for a lot of managers…Sam is just pure passing class.

16 minutes ago, embow said:

Absolutely nothing to do with that. Read the email closely . That's how rumours start.

I've done a massive Michelle Mone here. 😯

But I was told to keep it to myself along with all the other Club 1883 members  who were emailed in advance of the news going public.🥹

2 minutes ago, embow said:

With Sam extending his contract you'd like to think that others might be considering doing similar. All for one and one for all!🤞🤞🤞

Hopefully, to me Stanton is often a standout at this level and clearly good enough for the level above.  If he’s willing to back the Rovers and what the club are trying to achieve hopefully more are willing to follow. I’m sure some of our players are attracting interest from other clubs and will have a big decision to make on their future.  One thing seems to be clear that the team spirit is high and they all appear to be enjoying playing for the club right now. Will that be enough to convince some to extend 🤷‍♂️.  

Consider who we already have signed for next season…

Dąbrowski (June 2025)

Hannah (June 2025), Murray (June 2025)

Brown (June 2025), Mullin (June 2026), Stanton (June 2026)

Connolly (June 2025*), Hamilton (June 2026), Smith (June 2025)

That has the makings of a decent core already. I have a sneaking suspicion that Brown is becoming a CH, even in his own mind.

Super Sam, he needs a song. Anyone good at songs? One for Friday that 3000+ Rovers fans can belt out to appreciate this news...

Also, I'd love the announcer to just start calling him Super Sam Stanton all the time, much like Super John McGinn at Hampden. 

Did I mention how happy I am.... fuckin greetin a wee bit and aw-hing!

The guy is probably our most consistent, most skillfull player.  His calm reading of the game, his through balls etc are all 'better than the Rovers'.  We are privileged to have him sign again.  I honestly thought he would be on a PCA to a prem side in the next few weeks.  

Instead he is on a new 2 year deal with a Prem side in waiting!  :D

2 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Super Sam, he needs a song. Anyone good at songs? One for Friday that 3000+ Rovers fans can belt out to appreciate this news...

Sorry…

And through it all he offers me protection,
A lot of love and affection,
Whether I'm right or wrong,
And to the Premier League
That is where he’ll take me
I know that life won't break me,
When I come to call, he won't forsake me
I'm loving Stanton instead…

Edited by Enigma

On 18/12/2023 at 18:36, Broken Algorithms said:

It's completely unsurprising that there's rumours in the United fans they're skint yet looking to bring in Simon Murray (who is still getting game time for County). 

As for us, it's a statement full of realism from Barrowman. Far too many people think no news means we're sleeping on the job. More than happy to see who Murray and Potter have in mind. 

Trust in Murray and Potter...