The New Raith Rovers Thread

33 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We had a few folk off the podcast on Inside Matchday, and it has to be said Grace and Ben are absolutely brilliant at what they're doing. One of those segments where it's quite easy to simplify but to get it done right is a different matter. 

Part of the reason we managed to attract such a big crowd on Friday night, a fixture I thought would have been a tough sell so close to  Christmas, is down to the input people like them are coming up with week after week!

16 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Part of the reason we managed to attract such a big crowd on Friday night, a fixture I thought would have been a tough sell so close to  Christmas, is down to the input people like them are coming up with week after week!

100% , they are constantly creating great wee pieces and putting the rovers out there and getting people thinking and talking about them 

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

I think there was quite a lot in that interview to talk about. Firstly, delighted Ian Murray has signed on but would be surprised if there isn’t a Premiership club type release clause if there was interest. Maybe not though.

There is clearly interest in some of our players but whether or not this is on a pre-contract agreement or a move in January we’ll have to wait and see. IF Dundee are interested in Easton (rumoured on here previously), surely something can be done with Byrne/Easton swap deal so maybe something will happen there.

It was interesting that when mentioning interest in players Murray immediately mentioned Vaughan, maybe I’m reading too much into it? Would be gutted to see Vaughan leave.

No news on O’Reilly and there was an article in the Courier about him having other offers. He’s back on the bench for us just now but is a very capable replacement. Probably wants and warrants more game time.

1 hour ago, ARaithFan said:

It was interesting that when mentioning interest in players Murray immediately mentioned Vaughan, maybe I’m reading too much into it? Would be gutted to see Vaughan leave.

I can’t see him leaving due to his past injury history, I don’t think anyone especially a premiership side will take that risk especially if he’s on a good wage and would they stick by him like we have? The one I expect to leave is Easton though I can’t see him being here next season 

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The one I expect to leave is Easton though I can’t see him being here next season 

Yep, wouldn't be surprised if he moves on next month (i hope not) with a small fee, that said we will be looking at possible replacements.

The one I thought we’d lose is Stanton.

love Easton but at times this season he couldn’t get a game for us. Think he lacks a bit of pace for a top 6 side to have him in the top league.

perhaps he ends up at Dundee but reckon he extends with us - we are as attractive a club as I think we’ve ever been.

Stanton, Easton and Millen are the three that other clubs would have been interested in January, or more likely the end of this season. 

As someone who stays local and has a young family, I suspect Dylan Easton would listen to offers from teams like Dundee, Dundee United and St Johnstone, but as much as a lot of Rovers fans are trying to downplay our spending, I think we’d top trump St Johnstone just now  

I mean, maybe, Killie, Motherwell or St Mirren would fancy a bid, but I suspect it’ll be somewhere closer to home unless it’s really good money.

Regardless, I reckon he’ll go in the summer, and if so, fair play and I’ll wish him well. 

Ross Millen isn’t local, and while I doubt teams will batter the door down for him, I suspect Jack McMillan will leave Partick Thistle this summer, and if so, Millen would be a right back I can see them being interested in. Avoiding a commute across the country would probably tempt him  

As for Vaughan, his injuries would obviously put suitors off, but he’s the top scorer in the second tier right now, that might tempt a team or two. That said, as long as we offer him something decent enough on two years or so, I think he’ll stay. 

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I can’t see him leaving due to his past injury history, I don’t think anyone especially a premiership side will take that risk especially if he’s on a good wage and would they stick by him like we have? The one I expect to leave is Easton though I can’t see him being here next season 

Vaughan is a funny one due to his injury record, he clearly loves the club and fans for standing by him through all his injuries and he showed it in an interview not long ago just how much it meant to him when he was tearing up. However Vaughan is also 28 years old and would have played at a higher level a long time ago without his injuries.  So while he undoubtedly feels a  lot of loyalty to Raith Rovers if a chance comes to play for a top tier team it might be too much to turn down as he may never get that chance again.  Will another club take a risk on him? I’ve no idea, I guess his ideal scenario would be for us to go up and play in the Premiership but that certainly not guaranteed.  Hopefully he stays with us but he’s ultimately got to do what’s best for himself if an offer is too good to turn down. 

I think with Vaughan if he keeps scoring and playing the way he is he will have interest. I think  he will stay with us if we go up. If we don't he may well look at the offers he has but I don't think he'd go to the likes of say Livingston if they stayed up. 

If someone like Hibs came along it's probably too good an opportunity for him to turn down. 

Look whatever happens he is and always will be a genuine club legend, we have been incredibly loyal but he has given us some unforgettable memories in return.