The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

If the FIFA Solidarity/Training Comp comes out at 5% of the £500,000 reported fee, that’s £25,000. We would potentially be in line for about 12% of that, depending on the structure of the loan and dates, so call it perhaps £3,000. That’ll buy a few balls.

We'd likely be in line for 5% of 5% for the 5 months he was with us. I'd say about £1500, which will help out but it won't be anything to write home about. Every little helps though. 

19 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Just saw the O'Riordan is a Rover post............... BLACKBURN ROVERS!!  SHEESH!

I did the very same, I got aw excited, then realised I'm a  divvy,lol. 🤣

He likes playing for teams who play in blue with Rovers in their name. 

It'll be a wee cheque but it's another plus for the club that we've had a beneficial impact in the development of a player. Hopefully they have some other promising youngsters who need game time. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

He likes playing for teams who play in blue with Rovers in their name. 

It'll be a wee cheque but it's another plus for the club that we've had a beneficial impact in the development of a player. Hopefully they have some other promising youngsters who need game time. 

This is actually the biggest potential bonus from this.  Getting a reputation as a good club to send promising youngsters to could be very good for us.  Could also help with recruiting youngsters to an academy when we get this up and running.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Tbf I was against it to start with I’m still in the we need a defender camp… BUT he’s an out and out No9 like Hamilton and Hamilton as been the only real No9 we’ve had this season so it kind of makes sense especially if Gullan moves on it’s one in one out scenario 

Fairly honest quotes there from Murray.

Out of all the forwards, Gullan is certainly down the pecking order. Rudden would appear to be an upgrade or at the very least a different type of option that may make us much less reliant on Hamilton as an out and out striker.

Looks like the deal for Gullan to go is done but won't be sanctioned until Rudden is confirmed. Sensible.  

A lot being said on the Dunfermline thread about our finances again. I do take little notice from fans who allowed their chairman to borrow 10 mil. I will take more notice to Barrowman and Potters recent interviews where they touched on finance player deals etc.

If we are getting Rudden on loan and losing Gullan who we signed from Hibs and no doubt has had increases built into his wages then I don't think there will be a big difference in wages. It also doesn't say we will take on 100% of Ruddens wages.

Maybe the Pars should have looked to bring Gullan in, there is a good player in there. 

Rudden would be a great signing and I know we need cover at the back but we also need someone in who can push Hamilton and Vaughan because at the moment there's no one. 

Difficult to say about Ashcroft after he started for Dundee the other night. If we can get Murray and Watson fit and keep them fit then Corr is and should be used as backup.

We need someone who can play at right or left back and challenge Dick and Millen, getting it a bit easy those two as nobody really pushing them for their positions. 

If we can get the balance right in the team we can win this league, I still believe we have a better team and squad. Just have to watch Partick pushing on now. 

Edited by A_Rover_In_The_Burgh

Just now, raith1974 said:

A lot being said on the Dunfermline thread about our finances again. I do take little notice from fans who allowed their chairman to borrow 10 mil. I will take more notice to Barrowman and Potters recent interviews where they touched on finance player deals etc.

If we are getting Rudden on loan and losing Gullan who we signed from Hibs and no doubt has had increases built into his wages then I don't think there will be a big difference in wages. It also doesn't say we will take on 100% of Ruddens wages.

Maybe the Pars should have looked to bring Gullan in, there is a good player in there. 

Plus we will get some sort of fee for Gullan since he’s still under contract, and as you say likely decent wages if the wage bill and could be used to bring in better 

I would play a 352 formation.

A back three of Watson, Brown, Murray

A midfield 3 at the moment of Byrne, Turner, Vaughan, 2 out wide Smith and Mullin as Smith as pace and Mullin can put in a decent cross with Hamilton and Rudden up front. Easton is a great player for us and is a game changer but won't track back enough. Stanton would obviously have to come back into the team probably for Turner, but could replace Vaughan. 

Having said all that more likely to be a 4 1 4 1 or 4 1 3 2. I just think with 1 holding leaves gaps in midfield. 

22 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Genuine question, just for a bit of chat. What would be everyone's starting 11 if Rudden is signed, and everyone was fit? It's a tough one 🤔

I'm going to leave my opinion out for now as I'll just get stick 😂

Ah I love it when we all pretend to have a fuckin clue and choose formations and stuff. Let's go with:

3-5-2

Dabrowski

Brown RCB
Murray CB
Dick LCB

Millen RWB
Vaughan CM
Byrne CDM
Turner CM
Mullin LWB

Rudden ST
Hamilton ST

Millen and Mullen will both work up and down the wings and both have brilliant deliveries. Brown, Dick and Murray as a back 3 give us stability from the back as all 3 are defensively sound (I think Liam Dick is a better CB than LB but that's another conversation). Rudden will do the one thing no other striker seems to do when playing with Hamilton... run in behind in anticipation for all those headers that Jack flicks on. Vaughan and Turner are the creative outlets in the middle of the park. Rabbie Byrnes at CDM needs no explanation. 

Edit to add: I've only left out Easton as I assume Turner has a clause in his loan meaning he has to play. If not, Easton for Turner in the middle of the park for me.

Edited by Kooz92

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I would play a 352 formation.

A back three of Watson, Brown, Murray

A midfield 3 at the moment of Byrne, Turner, Vaughan, 2 out wide Smith and Mullin as Smith as pace and Mullin can put in a decent cross with Hamilton and Rudden up front. Easton is a great player for us and is a game changer but won't track back enough. Stanton would obviously have to come back into the team probably for Turner, but could replace Vaughan. 

Having said all that more likely to be a 4 1 4 1 or 4 1 3 2. I just think with 1 holding leaves gaps in midfield. 

Tbf I wouldn’t play Brown at CH if anything Liam Dick would be the best option I think he looks better in a back 3 playing LCH than he does at Full back, then again Brown and Millen are Murray’s boys so I reckon it’ll still be the 4132 or what ever but if he does change and goes 3 back then my 3 would be Watson/Murray and Dick