The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Before I say what I’m about to, let me caveat that l think a lot of the communication and work your board has put in place has been very good.  Whether it can be sustained, up to them and you.  I do wish I’d hear more from our current board and investors but they pays their money so their gig.

If those figures are right and encompass all the ins and outs (I’m using approximation for speed) am I right in working out it adds up to a calendar year loss of £342,000?

Could you elaborate further on how you came to that number? I'm intrigued. I didn't think the numbers needed for such a calculation would be publicly available. 

1 minute ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

Could you elaborate further on how you came to that number? I'm intrigued. I didn't think the numbers needed for such a calculation would be publicly available. 

Sure.

i used the info on those pages shared (which looks pretty comprehensive in terms of the income and expenditure, so can have a fair degree of confidence in my workings).

I added up all the incomes, and the expenditure, and subtracted expenditure from income, and got to £342k loss.

2 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Sure.

i used the info on those pages shared (which looks pretty comprehensive in terms of the income and expenditure, so can have a fair degree of confidence in my workings).

I added up all the incomes, and the expenditure, and subtracted expenditure from income, and got to £342k loss.

In fact wait a minute, those figures quoted I’ve assumed would be for a full year, of course it’s not.  The loss would be far greater if we continue those assumptions for a full year, as what’s being shared is 1st June to 31st December, 7 months not 12. 

extrapolating that out, the loss is on track to hit £586k for a calendar year should all figures be the same?

Im sure someone more financially literate might be able to answer more fully using the detail provided, but I found it interesting reading.

2 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

From what I can see ( I may be missing something ) this doesn't include any prize money for where we finish in the league this season. 

4th place would mean we essentially break even. I think. 

True fair point, also any extra TV money too.  

Devils in the detail!! As always! 

Fair play to them producing all this though, continues narrative of positivity etc. 

6 hours ago, parsboi said:

Fair play to them producing all this though, continues narrative of positivity etc. 

Yeah the opening page of the document introducing the figures mentioned that we were ‘well on our way to a profitable first year under the new ownership’ so I believe the forecast with prize money etc is for us to turn some sort of profit by the end of the season. Be interesting to know league position that is based on, I would imagine 4th place.

Quite a turnaround from last year where I believe we had an over £300k loss even with a Scottish Cup Quarter Final at Ibrox.

Challenge for the new board, as they have said themselves is to keep the growth going both on and off the park. I believe they still have plenty ideas for off the park growth. Real challenge is maintaining as much of the increased crowds as possible even if results drop off, as we’ve seen it recent weeks.

Also, it’s much easier to be open and transparent when it’s all good news. Over £600k increased revenue is the first 6 months is outstanding and they are quite rightly making this big news. The key is maintaining that transparency even if the news isn’t as good. However, the new owners have been good to their word so far so I am cautiously (as has to be the way after many years supporting the Rovers) optimistic for the future.

Great figures. Shows what can be done with a little vision and the right people in charge. Sorting out the catering and club shop has made a huge difference to the quality of what’s on offer and income.

On the bar takings, am I right in thinking the change with the 200 Club, McMillan Club etc means that the club is now just taking the profits from their drink sales direct rather than letting them make a profit over the year and waiting for donations from them? 

12 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Those catering figures are insane, you're bringing in over 6 grand a game just on pies? 

We've had 15 home games in all competitions, with all but a handful seeing a jump up in attendances from about 1800 to 3000 fans (at least).

Regardless of the total figures, it's clear that we'd practically gifted away the catering for years with no questions being asked.

8 hours ago, parsboi said:

Also no viaplay, Scottish or challenge cup prize money in the report.

49 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We've had 15 home games in all competitions, with all but a handful seeing a jump up in attendances from about 1800 to 3000 fans (at least).

Regardless of the total figures, it's clear that we'd practically gifted away the catering for years with no questions being asked.

How many of those extra fans are free U12s-they must be spending a fortune at the pie stall mind you.

2 minutes ago, SerieA said:

How many of those extra fans are free U12s-they must be spending a fortune at the pie stall mind you.

I’m a fat pie scranin hoor (other savoury snacks are scoffed too), and I go to every Pars game in Kirkcaldy. 
Yer welcome 

3 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Even taking that into account, season ticket income and gate receipts are well up. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Even taking that into account, season ticket income and gate receipts are well up. 

This was always my fear, season ticket numbers well up but how many were ‘free’, meaning no extra actual income. That’s been well and truly put to bed now.

7 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Surely under 12s are likely to have an adult with them, and then hassle said adult when they see the pie stall after getting through the gate.

Just for curiosity sake it would be I threshing to have a break down on season tickets. How many adult, child, oap etc. 

Also did the free under 12 season tickets encourage those who wouldn't normally buy a season ticket actually get one knowing they could take a couple of kids for free which is far more palatable when handing over their hard earned cash in August.  

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

This was always my fear, season ticket numbers well up but how many were ‘free’, meaning no extra actual income. That’s been well and truly put to bed now.

One thing to keep an eye on is how we perform in terms of commercial deals. Stuff like naming rights for stands will be longer term deals. 

Fully of the view we should be looking to sell the naming rights for the stadium though. It's not for everyone; I'm sure plenty will tell me I'm wrong - but a lot of clubs have done it now and it's an easy way to boost income further.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

One thing to keep an eye on is how we perform in terms of commercial deals. Stuff like naming rights for stands will be longer term deals. 

Fully of the view we should be looking to sell the naming rights for the stadium though. It's not for everyone; I'm sure plenty will tell me I'm wrong - but a lot of clubs have done it now and it's an easy way to boost income further.

Only if its something Kikcaldy centric. The Valente single fish stadium, The Jackie O arena, I kent his faither field.

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This has been a curse in the past, ten years sponsorship up front causing a surge in income for that year, then nothing for the remaining nine.