The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m actually gutted we never brought a new LB in to challenge Dick. Last few weeks he has been terrible! 

after last weeks performance Murray doesn’t look like he’s 100% fit. So slow and caused goals because of it. 

I still see it being a back 4 tonight with Watson and Murray starting. 

let’s hope they don’t break down and back to square one 

3 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

I’m actually gutted we never brought a new LB in to challenge Dick. Last few weeks he has been terrible! 

after last weeks performance Murray doesn’t look like he’s 100% fit. So slow and caused goals because of it. 

I still see it being a back 4 tonight with Watson and Murray starting. 

let’s hope they don’t break down and back to square one 

The requirement for me was another CB, preferably in the mold of O'Reilly as I'm shit scared of the exact scenario above in bold.

I can't see how so many championship teams (ICT, Partick, Arbroath etc) have managed to find defenders and we haven't. O'Reilly's departure to Partick leaves us weaker whether Watson stays healthy or not.

20 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

The requirement for me was another CB, preferably in the mold of O'Reilly as I'm shit scared of the exact scenario above in bold.

I can't see how so many championship teams (ICT, Partick, Arbroath etc) have managed to find defenders and we haven't. O'Reilly's departure to Partick leaves us weaker whether Watson stays healthy or not.

Were always looking for the “right one” to “improve” on what we’ve got why don’t we look down south at defenders look at Inverness, Ayr etc getting folk from down south and has worked out but we’re seem to be stuck in the domestic market 

Murray does seem to strike me as a manager who will only sign players he's either heard of, managed before, or managed against.

58 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Would argue he was close to being man of the match 2 weeks ago - but hey when do we let facts get in the way of a witch hunt ?

25 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Would argue he was close to being man of the match 2 weeks ago - but hey when do we let facts get in the way of a witch hunt ?

Tbf thats more your opinion than a fact.  Hes been a solid enough player for us over the last couple seasons but its an area we need drastic improvement regardless what league we are in. 

50 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Wind going to play a part tonight I think. Hopefully brings Airdrie down to our level.

Liam Dicks frequent high balls forward to the general area of Jack Hamilton could be a laugh tonight then.

42 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Nor convinced thats anywhere close to being factual. Mostly because you started it with "Would argue" which is anything but definitive 😂 

46 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Murray does seem to strike me as a manager who will only sign players he's either heard of, managed before, or managed against.

That's probably not strictly a Murray trend though. We've been stung before signing players no one had heard of - John Frederiksen and Timmy Abraham to name a couple albeit the latter wasn't a Murray signing.

13 minutes ago, Raithie said:

That's probably not strictly a Murray trend though. We've been stung before signing players no one had heard of - John Frederiksen and Timmy Abraham to name a couple albeit the latter wasn't a Murray signing.

Connor O'Riordan and Ryan Nolan are two that jump out being in the 'genuinely no idea who they are category '. O'Riordan was a hit. Nolan was pretty middling without being truly awful. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Connor O'Riordan and Ryan Nolan are two that jump out being in the 'genuinely no idea who they are category '. O'Riordan was a hit. Nolan was pretty middling without being truly awful. 

Was racking my brains on players I'd never heard of prior to signing and completely forgot about those two 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We should have had much closer links with Crewe after O’Riordan went back and brought through some more of their youngsters, it would’ve been great for both clubs. Nolan was an odd one. He wasn’t great and he wasn’t bad, but you’re right about him being middling. I’m hopeful Murray plays his actual defenders tonight. 

I would rotate the squad big time and get boys like McGill and matthews on from the start. Go with a CB pairing of corr and Watson gives Murray a rest as he keeps having reoccurring niggles. Would probably go with McNeil in goals looks more assured in his footwork and kicking than big Kev 

27 minutes ago, ZeDav said:

I would rotate the squad big time and get boys like McGill and matthews on from the start. Go with a CB pairing of corr and Watson gives Murray a rest as he keeps having reoccurring niggles. Would probably go with McNeil in goals looks more assured in his footwork and kicking than big Kev 

Problem with wholesale changes being if it all went wrong he'd (Murray) get it in the neck....which to be fair he will anyway if it goes Pete Tong.  

Getting a win is more important than rotating the squad. The winless run ending has to be the priority to restore confidence and getting us back in the game irrespective of the competition. Has to be the strongest team tonight

9 minutes ago, spot on said:

Getting a win is more important than rotating the squad. The winless run ending has to be the priority to restore confidence and getting us back in the game irrespective of the competition. Has to be the strongest team tonight

Need game time into the legs of Watson and a run out for Stanton if on the bench. Other than that IM must play his strongest starting 11.

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

A witch hunt 🤣🤣🤣

last time I checked it was an OPINION but hey we won’t let facts get in the way of the truth 👍