The New Raith Rovers Thread

We’re shite. 
Feel sorry for Jack Hamilton having to play in this system, he’s a bright spark surrounded by dross currently. 
How can Murray not see the giant gaps in the middle of the park every game..we’ve got all this attacking threat and can’t create chances.

3 year deal..we’re being far too patient accepting this shocking formation and I wonder what they’re doing at training. He’s been backed with quality players and we look a shambles.

Hope one of the directors pulls Murray for a chat to get an explanation of what’s going on. 

A lot to unravel after that.

Millen getting pushed higher should’ve been the moment McGill came on to replace him.We were desperate for something different down the sides.

A lot of other things weren’t right either.

9 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Would argue he was close to being man of the match 2 weeks ago - but hey when do we let facts get in the way of a witch hunt ?

He's simply not at the standard required for a team looking to challenge for the league, or even promotion.

22 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

We really are a one man team. Awaits the happy clapping red dotters to prove me wrong🙄

Prove me wrong this, red dots that. 🙄

You are once again giving me a horrible cringe.

We've been shite since the start of December and only the Tannadice game since then is one where we've actually performed like a football team. It's clear as day our defence is so unbelieveably soft. Euan Murray being bullied by every striker he plays against. Our fullbacks not being good enough and Ian Murrays refusal to play Dylan Corr at all despite injuries is baffling. The singing section didn't work tonight but somehow that'll be on the fans and not the shite on the park we've had to endure for well over a month. Next 3 games are the chance to set things right. We've 2 weeks until the next game, the gaffer has his work cut out to turn this around because if we turn up in 2 weeks and play like we did tonight, Dundee United will put 5 or 6 past us.

I'm gonna stop before I ramble on anymore.

So anybody now starting to agree Murrays 3 year deal was a really bad call? He can't manage to save himself. Clueless, and a one trick pony. I've never changed my tune on the guy. 

That was absolutely brutal tonight, all over the park. Could have played all night and not scored. 

Euan Murray needs booted, worst centre half I've seen for a long time. What does he actually do? Can't win aerial challenges, can't push a man off the ball, can't tackle and simply can't read the game. His fault for the goal and other mistakes he made, we were really lucky not to get punished for. If Corr can't get in front of that then why the hell did Murray sign him. Every time Airdrie went forward, they looked like they'd score. 

Also that Turner is woeful. I'd send him back to County now. 

Absolutely pathetic. We will get murdered by United in 2 weeks. 

Back to basics 5-4-1. 

Edited by A_Rover_In_The_Burgh
Rage

43 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Ross Matthews in against Dundee United alongside Scott Brown. May as well be a man down with the likes of Turner and Easton in there.

2 men down with Turner & Easton in there.

Just now, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

So anybody now starting to agree Murrays 3 year deal was a really bad call? He can't manage to save himself. Clueless, and a one trick pony. I've never changed my tune on the guy. 

That was absolutely brutal tonight, all over the park. Could have played all night and not scored. 

Euan Murray needs booted, worst centre half I've seen for a long time. What does he actually do? Can't win aerial challenges, can't push a man off the ball, can't tackle and simply can't read the game. His fault for the goal and other mistakes he made, we were really lucky not to get punished for. If Corr can't get in front of that then why the hell did Murray sign him. Every time Airdrie went forward, they looked like they'd score. 

Absolutely pathetic. We will get murdered by United in 2 weeks. 

Back to basics 5-4-1. 

As the guy said in the smoking area last week McGlynn 2.0 

Yeah, Rudden was absolutely required. He’s looked an upgrade on Gullan anyway but with Gullan wanting more minute and the opportunity of a decent move, we had to replace him. No complaints on the Rudden signing.

Turner looks a pointless signing however. Been very poor so far and with Stanton returning soon and being a better player, I don’t see where he fits in with the midfield options we already have. Seems like a waste of probably quite a sizeable wage which would have been better allocated to centre back/full back.

I said before the game I’d have played Matthews alongside Brown and still stand by that. Felt really sorry for Brown having to be a one man midfield trying to stem the tide. Desperation to have as many attacking players on the pitch actually hampers us going forward. Give us a solid base to try and control the game and win second balls and we might actually then be able to give the forward players the platform to play.

The 4-1-3-2 showed imperfections even when Stanton was fit but he could just about paper the cracks, without him it is a bit of a mess. I get Hamilton and Vaughan are the two attacking players in form right now but Vaughan can easily play as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 with a much more solid midfield behind.

I actually think we have the midfield and attacking options to play a narrow midfield diamond, most players could play some position of that formation but we simply don’t have the full backs to provide the width needed and attacking quality to play that or a 5 at the back (unless it was literally a flat back 5). So we are hamstrung into always playing something with wide midfielder while they’re all off form. Said it before but 2 full backs have to be top priority alongside a centre back in the summer.

The problem with Stanton coming back now is he isn’t coming back into the same team so it’s not just going to magically make things better. We have numerous players off form and clearly lacking confidence. I was hopeful from Murray’s interview last week we were going ‘back to basics’ tonight but unfortunately we seen the same shortcomings once again.

He still has enough credit in the bank after the start of the season for me and who knows, if by some miracle we beat Dundee United in a couple of weeks we could be top again but seeing the same defeat to Airdrie 3 times is a damning reflection on the tactical ability of any manager. 

Edited by R.R.FC

Murray and Watson so so slow , Yet again Liam Dick contributes nothing so out his depth , Sorry happy clappers you see why Easton has played for the teams he’s had and not at a higher level too inconsistent and definitely a confidence player who’s either unplayable or contributes nothing and frankly since the game at Tannadice he’s done nothing,  Feel sorry for Dylan corr at least he has pace . We would have been better playing a 5 4 1 at least we would have been hard to break down and we probably would have still created more chances .

6 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Turner looks a pointless signing however. Been very poor so far and with Stanton returning soon and being a better player, I don’t see where he fits in with the midfield options we already have. Seems like a waste of probably quite a sizeable wage which would have been better allocated to centre back/full back.

We need 2 full backs before Dundee United both are rotten and both are very upgradable and I’d get Corr in next to Watson, Murray has been pish for weeks is he still injured? Playing through injury? Or is he done? These are questions that needs to be asked before 

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

What does Matthews have to do to get a game. Heard a rumour he’s had a falling out with Murray. Adds up.

Play Ross Matthews is not in Ian Murrays vocabulary

8 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Murray and Watson so so slow , Yet again Liam Dick contributes nothing so out his depth , Sorry happy clappers you see why Easton has played for the teams he’s had and not at a higher level too inconsistent and definitely a confidence player who’s either unplayable or contributes nothing and frankly since the game at Tannadice he’s done nothing,  Feel sorry for Dylan corr at least he has pace . We would have been better playing a 5 4 1 at least we would have been hard to break down and we probably would have still created more chances .

Murray has this Hardon for playing 4132 so he can have as much attackers on the park, but at this moment in time it’s No working get us more defensively sound first, bring in better full backs and play corr what has the boy genuinely done wrong?