The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, embow said:

I hope our guys were watching the Falkirk v TNS semi (or will be) because the TNS gave a display of how to defend when it was really needed. No messing about. Just get tight on the attacker and get a tackle in, then get the ball away from the danger area either with an accurate pass or a blooter up the pitch.
Simple stuff if done correctly.

They’ve got good defenders that know how to defend properly, they never seemed to panic but everytime the ball comes near our defence we’re shit scared but aye I agree they should be watching that, that’s the basics but we seem to struggle with that atm 

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There's no doubt Murray will be gone by the end of the season. We're going to end up 5th and that will be the end of it for him. And I think we'll all be glad to see the back of him and his 'tactics'. 

That 3 year deal was a huge blunder from the board and I look forward to them spinning the positives of the cost of that on their next 6 monthly financial update. 

See I would agree if he does do a McGlynn and absolutely shite it latter part of the season with what 3 wins in that time, then he does deserve the sack because that would be absolutely criminal from where we were but he doesn’t have a cup final to fall back on, I do still think we will get the play offs but we’re gonna make it harder than it should’ve been, but let’s just see how this plays out for the rest of the season before the Murray out shouts imo 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There's no doubt Murray will be gone by the end of the season. We're going to end up 5th and that will be the end of it for him. And I think we'll all be glad to see the back of him and his 'tactics'. 

That 3 year deal was a huge blunder from the board and I look forward to them spinning the positives of the cost of that on their next 6 monthly financial update. 

Oh dear! Heid gone or strong alcohol partaken. We are currently not doing too well, admittedly, but that is way OTT. I'd maybe agree with you if we don't win another match by the end of the season but as things stand we have enough in the tank to be at the very least in the playoffs. Where I do agree is that the 3 year contract extension should have been left until the end of the season to see where we were in terms of progress. Perhaps just a tad hasty?

Scared to ask who all these ‘Murray Out’ campaigners would want as a new manager. Potter to step in - no thanks!

As much as the early season form was on him,the players and the board-current form is on the same groups as well.

I think we’ve probably all called for Murray to try a back 3 more often this season-he did and it backfired. Bottom line is we don’t have the right players to play it. He’s tried 4-1-3-2, 4-2-3-1 and probably a good old fashioned 4-4-2 at times.

Bottom line in the last few weeks is the players have not been good enough-both as a collective and individuals. Murray’s job to fix and also the players to take some responsibility.

Recruitment isn’t all on Murray-I don’t think he has a great deal of involvement in that these days according to some recent interviews.

I’m hopeful Murray and his staff and the players can turn things around. You can see every one of them continuing to fight to the final whistle in recent games.

9 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Scared to ask who all these ‘Murray Out’ campaigners would want as a new manager. Potter to step in - no thanks!

As much as the early season form was on him,the players and the board-current form is on the same groups as well.

I think we’ve probably all called for Murray to try a back 3 more often this season-he did and it backfired. Bottom line is we don’t have the right players to play it. He’s tried 4-1-3-2, 4-2-3-1 and probably a good old fashioned 4-4-2 at times.

Bottom line in the last few weeks is the players have not been good enough-both as a collective and individuals. Murray’s job to fix and also the players to take some responsibility.

Recruitment isn’t all on Murray-I don’t think he has a great deal of involvement in that these days according to some recent interviews.

I’m hopeful Murray and his staff and the players can turn things around. You can see every one of them continuing to fight to the final whistle in recent games.

I'm one that wanted a back 3, but it needs to be played with 3 centre halfs, not 2 fullbacks and a midfielder or one CH.

13 minutes ago, SerieA said:

We all called for a back 3 but a back 3 only works with 3 Proper CHs not 2 FBs a CH or A CM in there, and also requires wing backs who can get up and down the pitch and can defend and we don’t have that, I’d like us to try a 442 Narrow or a 433 get 3 in middle and compact it because the past few weeks it’s been getting ran through 

Four points off the top of the league at the start of February, having surpassed our previous seasons points total before Christmas and there are people calling for the manager to be sacked!? 

Give yourselves a fucking shake. 

18 minutes ago, SerieA said:

It seemed to work against the Pars in the cup with a RB, CM, CH 

Look how good the Pars are, thumped 5 nil today and sitting 3rd bottom of the league. 

25 minutes ago, SerieA said:

It seemed to work against the Pars in the cup with a RB, CM, CH 

Right 1 game, the element of surprise was there, when has it worked since with it being a starting formation? 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

28 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Four points off the top of the league at the start of February, having surpassed our previous seasons points total before Christmas and there are people calling for the manager to be sacked!? 

Give yourselves a fucking shake. 

It's probably the 1 win in 8 games that is the issue. Being 4 points off the top of the league, is undoubtedly a great thing, but 1 win in 8... I'm not even in the Murray out brigade, can't get away from the fact we've beaten an awful pars side and literally no one else since we went up to Tannadice. Our next game could see utd go 7 clear when we where, ourselves 5 clear. At least they don't have a game in hand now though. 

We are a good result in our next fixture from being right back in a title hunt.

Im as dismayed as everyone else with the recent performance levels on the park along with the somewhat baffling decisions from the manager however he isn’t going anywhere and if the arabs do end up pulling clear at the top then we still have plenty time to sort things out and make sure we go in to the play offs in a good place.

As much as they have stunk the place out last half dozen games, the players (and management) deserve the opportunity to turn things around and we should be backing them as best we can.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Big Kev

Millen/Watson/Corr/Dick

Brown/Matthews/Stanton/Byrne

Rudden/Hamilton

Keep the nippy attackers on the bench until later.

This would be the least amount of width any team has ever played with in the history of association football. 

22 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

This would be the least amount of width any team has ever played with in the history of association football. 

Are you not on the telly and can tell the manager to play that way though... 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Are you not on the telly and can tell the manager to play that way though... 

My two biggest laughs today have come from Dunfermline’s result, and remembering that “Stardog Champion” told me to get stuffed while suggesting I should have a word with Ian Murray about his tactics, as well as throwing in a red face emoji 

Edited by McGuigan1978

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I assume when you typed this out you weren’t expecting to get ridden sideways by Morton in your own backyard.  Humble pie the night? 

5 hours ago, basher brash said:

Good result the day lads hope you choked on your popcorn when the 5th goal went in 

Fair enough lads, brutal  😑