The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

I had a season ticket there during the 96/97 season and the view was good (i was just about level with the half way line) but i found myself wanting back behind the goals. I miss the enclosure being used, me and my mates would sit between the dugouts on the small wall they had there. Even pop our head around to speak to some of the players (home and away) that were usually quite sound.

Used to sit there myself in the mid/late 70's, got Gordon Wallace (Mk1 manager) to sign my programme a few times......

.....while we're at it I really miss the old cowshed, stood in there a few times as well.

53 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Used to sit there myself in the mid/late 70's, got Gordon Wallace (Mk1 manager) to sign my programme a few times......

.....while we're at it I really miss the old cowshed, stood in there a few times as well.

We used to occasionally question the subs that an opposing manager would be making. I don’t remember it, but my brother occasionally brings up the story of me popping my head around and shouting on Gerry Britton (think he was at the pars at the time) and asking where Tom was (as in Tom and Jerry) he wasn’t best pleased with me. 

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

We used to occasionally question the subs that an opposing manager would be making. I don’t remember it, but my brother occasionally brings up the story of me popping my head around and shouting on Gerry Britton (think he was at the pars at the time) and asking where Tom was (as in Tom and Jerry) he wasn’t best pleased with me. 

Probably the shit patter that he wasn't pleased with tbf buch😂

Favourite day of the week - match day! Oh rovers how I’ve missed you! 🤣

if rumours are true and Ross been told he will never play for IM again we will know soon! Although he could still be on the bench as try and squash as many rumours as possible 🤣 unless one of us has any inside info we will never know the truth 

lers get right behind the laddies tonight and make it a fight from kick off!

15 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I liked going round behind the dugouts too. We were more into verbal abuse - “look at you, ya ugly b*****d, you look Herman fucking Munster.”

They should bring that back. Get rid of that fucking grey portacabin and nets and stick fans in there. Bit of terracing (or safe standing, whatever) behind the dugouts would be excellent.

Edited by Scary Bear

Tickets sales are unreal.Awful run of form but fans backing the team tonight. 
Staff have been top class in the media and on social media helping to get us to buy tickets.

Well done everyone.

Now for a win.

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I see the Pars are saying Ashcroft is nearly a done deal, we've surely not been interested in him after all

We've got Keith Watson back now, and added a player who can play across the back. It's been dispelled numerous times but contrary to popular belief we've got a wage budget which I'd expect is fully utilised now. I can't imagine we'd be looking to add another centre half in. 

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We've got Keith Watson back now, and added a player who can play across the back. It's been dispelled numerous times but contrary to popular belief we've got a wage budget which I'd expect is fully utilised now. I can't imagine we'd be looking to add another centre half in. 

I think he’s probably meaning that it’s strange that we went for Brown if Ashcroft was available. Even given Watson being back, I’d put Ashcroft ahead of Watson/Murray in terms of fitness and ability.

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I think he’s probably meaning that it’s strange that we went for Brown if Ashcroft was available. Even given Watson being back, I’d put Ashcroft ahead of Watson/Murray in terms of fitness and ability.

Exactly that

24 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd be incredibly dissapointed if we end up not having brought a centre back in, but still found budget to bring in Turner, to be honest.