The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

This very much sums it up, I dread to think where we would be if the new owners had never got involved and we were left with John Sim tightening the purse strings even more, we've certainly come on leaps and bounds since they did though, both on and of the park, the fan base has nearly doubled, the media team with their quirky gifs etc has certainly got peoples attention for one reason or another, as everybodys talking about it, the RTV stream us one of the best in the leagues and the catering is making money for us instead of someone else, more good times ahead whether we make it up or not. 

This was last season can't find this year's but we will more or less double our prize money from the league this season. 

Screenshot_20240410_192403_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

This was last season can't find this year's but we will more or less double our prize money from the league this season. 

That's a good amount of dosh for next seasons campaign albeit it wont all go toward the player budget, but it'll go a long way to get quality defenders in 🤞

Despite being there last night, I've only just managed to bring myself to watch the highlights. Taking away defensive frailties I don't think you'll see 4 better taken goals in a single game.

Still not quite ready to concede the title but do go all out Tx on y'all we're in the bottom of the 9th with one out remaining.

Hopefully we can pick up the point required on Saturday to secure 2nd spot then experiment a little with formations going into the playoffs. Personally I'd like to see Corr be given a run, more time for McGill and possibly Hamilton and Rudden up front together in at least one game.

That said I reckon Murray can be quite stubborn and may well stick to what we have been going with the last few games.

On a side note wonder if Ashcroft may make it back for the playoffs, can't remember exactly what was said about his injury.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

We made £126,000 from Scottish Cup and £46,000 from Viaplay cup which means we made zilch in the Challenge Cup

On 09/04/2024 at 22:11, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s hope we have eyes on Callum Ferrie next season

Away and smoke another doobie 😂. We signed a keeper on a 3 year contract. There is not a heck we will sign him. 

38 minutes ago, RaithRovers1883 said:

I'm assuming season tickets don't apply in home playoff matches?

Definitely won't apply.

The final is Thur 23rd /Sun 26th

Final round of games is 3rd May

Guessing the semis will be first leg on Tue 14th or Wed 15th, and second leg Fri 17th or Sat 18th.

Fairly safe assumption ? 

On 09/04/2024 at 22:20, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’d like to see a back line of

McGill Murray Watson Dick

Brown moved forward with Matthews, Turner and Stanton. I’d also switch Connolly and Mullin. Connollys lack of a right foot is so predictable for the LB he’s up against and doesn’t have the overlap of Millen to help him out.

We need to sort that back line out for next season. We cannot have a third year in a row of this…it’s a bit embarrassing that we’ve played a midfielder in there all year.

Showed Airdrie far too much respect in the first half and we should’ve got at them. Zero press and they walked into our half with no pressure. Trying to win the league and we try play some counter attacking nonsense at home…where were those tactics away at DU?

Better second half but the damage was done.

Mcgill isn't a natural fullback either. 

3 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Definitely won't apply.

The final is Thur 23rd /Sun 26th

Final round of games is 3rd May

Guessing the semis will be first leg on Tue 14th or Wed 15th, and second leg Fri 17th or Sat 18th.

Fairly safe assumption ? 

Best guess, using previous years as templates that allowed 6 days between the end of the Semi and the start of the Final…

Fri, 3 May, MD 36 (Scheduled)
Tue, 7 May, QF 1
Fri, 10 May, QF2
Tue, 14 May, SF1
Fri, 17 May, SF2
Thu, 23 May, F1 (Announced)
Sun, 26 May, F2 (Announced)

At the most, they might move the Semi’s to Wed/Sat…that would give 5 days between QF/SF and SF/F, however, the weekend of 18/19 is Premeirship MD38, so they’ll probably want the SF2 for the TV Friday night on the 17th.

Does anyone know the deal with the BBC over TV revenue? Is it additional to the prize money or has it all be rolled into one? I think what the BBC has done this season has been great for the league, so even if the revenue is minimal it will have been worth it.

Just now, chris1883 said:

Does anyone know the deal with the BBC over TV revenue? Is it additional to the prize money or has it all be rolled into one? I think what the BBC has done this season has been great for the league, so even if the revenue is minimal it will have been worth it.

Championship clubs basically lose money... the TV money from the Championship games is included in the total the BBC pays and it all goes to the general prize pot. So you don't get a fee for showing the game live as you would from the cups. And with lower crowds, hospitality, catering etc you end up losing a decent chunk overall.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Best guess, using previous years as templates that allowed 6 days between the end of the Semi and the start of the Final…

Fri, 3 May, MD 36 (Scheduled)
Tue, 7 May, QF 1
Fri, 10 May, QF2
Tue, 14 May, SF1
Fri, 17 May, SF2
Thu, 23 May, F1 (Announced)
Sun, 26 May, F2 (Announced)

At the most, they might move the Semi’s to Wed/Sat…that would give 5 days between QF/SF and SF/F, however, the weekend of 18/19 is Premeirship MD38, so they’ll probably want the SF2 for the TV Friday night on the 17th.

I'd definitely prefer the SF 2nd leg to be on the Saturday.  Afternoon in the pub watching the results come in (we know sky don't care about bottom 6 so all of the games will be 3pm KO's. Then head to Stark's for a 5:30 KO.  Would be a very fine way to spend my birthday (as long as we win of course).

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'm thinking i've read previously that part of the gate from the playoff games goes to the SPFL as well. Hope I read that wrong.

Pretty sure 50% after costs goes towards playing next seasons parachute payments. That's just the Premiership play off, I don't think the same applies for the other ones. There's also a minimum ticket price as far as I recall so even if a club offered discounted tickets they have to make up the shortfall. There's a reason clubs don't let season ticket holders in for free for these games. 

There's no way we're getting in on our season tickets. If we're paying to watch Albion Rovers in the group stages of the league cup we're paying (full price?) for the play-offs.

33 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Pretty sure 50% after costs goes towards playing next seasons parachute payments. That's just the Premiership play off, I don't think the same applies for the other ones. There's also a minimum ticket price as far as I recall so even if a club offered discounted tickets they have to make up the shortfall. There's a reason clubs don't let season ticket holders in for free for these games. 

That sounds about right. Cheers for the info.

15 hours ago, RaithRovers1883 said:

I'm assuming season tickets don't apply in home playoff matches?

Correct, per SPFL Regulations.. Start at C22, and you’ll find all the rules and how the money is divided. C26B specifically prohibits season tickets for playoffs.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 26-Jul-23 (MASTER COPY) (2).pdf

Edited by TxRover