The New Raith Rovers Thread

You would think any Pars fan with a brain would be wanting us to win tonight. Surely that would be better than getting skelped in every derby again next season and having a meltdown at our ' CaRtOoNs'.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There you go then, you've answered your own question. Now go and try stirring the pot elsewhere please.

Yes, that is indeed my answer to this. And I’ll type this slowly for you because you clearly don’t understand the simplicity of the question. What do you think about this situation? 

4 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Yes, that is indeed my answer to this. And I’ll type this slowly for you because you clearly don’t understand the simplicity of the question. What do you think about this situation? 

I think you're a bore.

5 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

You would think any Pars fan with a brain would be wanting us to win tonight. Surely that would be better than getting skelped in every derby again next season and having a meltdown at our ' CaRtOoNs'.

I’ve said this many times, me, and I’m sure a majority of Pars fans would like you to lose and stay down. Football fans love the big games, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, but always the atmosphere is great. I love when we play our rivals and hope to have that again this season, and who knows, we’ll maybe win a game or two this time. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I love when we play our rivals and hope to have that again this season

I thought Falkirk were you rivals and you didn't even care about us?

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Apparently the premier league is rushing a vote through to ban plastic pitches, this could be problematic for a wee team that needs to replace their pitch if they get promoted 

It won't be problematic, if we go up and have to revert to grass the club have plans in place for that. I'm more worried about our openness on this topic ahead of these next two games and with what's at stake. Throw in VAR we may have an impossible task ahead of us. Yes I've got my tinfoil hat on at the moment.

59 minutes ago, Wacky said:

So you don’t think that if the ugly sisters want you to replace your pitch you won’t have to? 

I don't doubt the erse cheeks have had a say and prompted the beaks to get things moving but such is the way of Scottish football unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, Raithie said:

It won't be problematic, if we go up and have to revert to grass the club have plans in place for that. I'm more worried about our openness on this topic ahead of these next two games and with what's at stake. Throw in VAR we may have an impossible task ahead of us. Yes I've got my tinfoil hat on at the moment.

I don't doubt the erse cheeks have had a say and prompted the beaks to get things moving but such is the way of Scottish football unfortunately. 

First of all, thank you for a reasonable response to this. 
it’s utterly ridiculous that small clubs managing to climb their way up the ladder is subjected to this unnecessary expense, I don’t see why these big clubs with far greater financial resources can’t train on plastic pitches when they know they have to play on it. Teams like Raith have to adapt to grass, why can’t these teams adapt the other way. Perpetual stacking of the odds in their favour is what should be banned, not plastic pitches 

20 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

That is a really good statement (as an aside it seems very odd that Airdrie are not involved?).

This news about the vote has put a dampener on what should be the most exciting week the club have had for decades.

I really hope the ban can be avoided. The proposed quality assurance solutions seem so obviously sound that the ban cannot be conceived as anything other than petulance and/or selfishness. It also reeks of something that, if banned, will become unbanned in a few years (like the 10k seats rule).

Edit to add, I know people form the club read this page (and this of course travels fans of the clubs who issued the joint statement) - I wonder if, should no backing down occur regarding the vote, it would be a good idea to get MSPs/local councillors involved  to raise awareness/pressure (writing to them, asking them to raise the issue through appropriate committees, get them to publicly support the joint proposal etc.). I imagine the community element would be a strong card. 

The amusing thing is, if we win, the Premiership could be locking in our (somewhat aging) plastic pitch for as much as the next two years. I know, as a business proposition, it would be shocking if we didn’t keep the plastic for the next season or two (see caveats below), as a relegation in either season would render it moot, and the spending to replace it wasteful. It’s also far from inconceivable that a vote to change course could occur during those two years. It will, if passed, and we get and remain up, result in a frantic project in May/June 2026, plus likely away games until late August of 2026,  it that’s all speculative.

The manner of the decision regarding WHEN a grass pitch must be in place will be amusing, as the way the SPFL handled the Buckie Thistle matter shows they’re completely unreliable. Under one reading, it would have to be down before 1 April of the appropriate year, but that’s literally impossible in fitba unless you change it out a year early in anticipation…messy, as always.

30 minutes ago, Wacky said:

it’s utterly ridiculous that small clubs managing to climb their way up the ladder is subjected to this unnecessary expense, I don’t see why these big clubs with far greater financial resources can’t train on plastic pitches when they know they have to play on it. Teams like Raith have to adapt to grass, why can’t these teams adapt the other way. Perpetual stacking of the odds in their favour is what should be banned, not plastic pitches 

Half of them probably do train on it during the colder months. Imagine the scenes if the rain continues like it has been doing and Sundays game is subject to a late pitch inspection (hopefully not). 

What the affected teams should be saying is “if you want our pitches changed, then each team should chip in with one 12th of the cost” IMO, that would be the only fair way to do this. Bet that would change a few teams attitude. But once again the governing body will shit the bed at telling that to the bigot bros. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Half of them probably do train on it during the colder months. Imagine the scenes if the rain continues like it has been doing and Sundays game is subject to a late pitch inspection (hopefully not). 

It would be worth it for the irony of it 

Just been down trying to get a yellow top for Sunday but believe there are only a few sizes left, none would fit me.  Have to say the support has been class but not sure how I managed to get Taylor Swift tickets easier than Rovers' tops and away tickets.

Posted (edited)

The total Fuds that run the game in Scotland wont be happy till they've got a closed shop with no relegation or promotion, this is just history repeating itself to the detriment of the Scottish game, as if its not bad enough 2 teams scrapping it out for the title and the rest trying to avoid the drop.

Anyhoo it looks like a 24hr subscription to Now tv for tonight's game for this exiled Langtonian to see the game 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

53 minutes ago, Wacky said:

To me the whole thing is a complete nonsense.

I get that a poor astro pitch can be really bad but ours does generally seem to be really good.  A minimum standard for astro would be a more sensible way forwards in my opinion.  That of course means there's no chance of Scottish football going down that route.

If anything, our pitch should actually be an advantage to better teams (especially as we soak it before games and at HT) as it should be perfect for quick passing football.  I actually remember Celtic complaining that Jesus couldn't pass a ball on our grass pitch after drawing at Stark's Park in April 1997.  Didn't seem to bother a Brian Laudrup inspired Rangers when they won 6-0 on it 10 days later.