The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

It’s mental the take some people have on Corr. He got some time pre-season, got injured and then was buried until the last seven matches of the season/playoffs. During that seven games he started despite having a strapped up shoulder…and helped us get to the playoff finals. All this on top of playing in the Lowland League last year. Did he make mistakes, yes he did…but the majority of the time he was calm, composed and did the job we needed.

14 matches, for a total of 977 minutes! Seven of those games have been since 19 April, totaling over half his minutes.

If he can effectively start with that little playing experience all season, he’s EXACTLY what we need/want. He has the speed that our more senior signed CB lacks, he has experience with IM’s system, and he’s plenty good at this level. And for those saying we need players capable that the next level, no, we don’t need (and can’t afford) that right now.

We need good Championship level players, especially younger ones, that we can evaluate for the ability to raise their game if we get promoted. I think Corr meets that standard, will be re-signed and will start at least 33% of the games next year (especially if we switch to 3 CB).

Obviously not seen much of him other than the play off games. However on those showings he was your poorest player. If Raith are to challenge for the title they will need to get their back door sorted. That lad and the two fullbacks are not good enough to win that league. 

From that back 4 on Sunday, Murray is the only one I would like to see as a regular starter next season. Stevenson will be the left back assuming he has signed, we obviously need a right back, Corr has potential but is still not ready to become a regular starter for us, and Watson just can't be relied upon to stay fit. 

We need to replace Rudden with a competent forward. Preferably someone with the pace to run in behind.

If Easton does go, Turner would have been the ideal replacement but he'll more than likely get a chance at County with a new manager in place and Dhanda leaving them.

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I've no proof but I'd imagine it would probably be more like "we definitely want to sign you....here's 2 contracts, one if we get promoted one for the championship"

Exactly.

The Premiership one would likely contain bonuses for draws and staying up, whereas the Championship one would likely contain lesser bonuses for each point gained, but a bigger reward for promotion.

25 minutes ago, BPM said:

Obviously not seen much of him other than the play off games. However on those showings he was your poorest player. If Raith are to challenge for the title they will need to get their back door sorted. That lad and the two fullbacks are not good enough to win that league. 

The RB isn’t a natural RB he’s a midfielder who got put there 

Going by some of the players replies to these social media posts by the players, I can’t help but think that these guys won’t be returning. Hope I’m wrong as I’d like to see a few come back. 

37 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Going by some of the players replies to these social media posts by the players, I can’t help but think that these guys won’t be returning. Hope I’m wrong as I’d like to see a few come back. 

Who and what are they saying.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

If Celtic have anymore of these we’ll take two. Can’t say I’ve ever experienced much openly expressed sympathy with either side of the Old Firm at Rovers games, maybe the odd wee muppet in the young team and that guy with the flag but that’s about it, oh and Drysdale giving players away 🙄

My ex army pal goes to watch Shamrock Rovers and reckons Johnny Kenny would be a good loan deal for us. Was on loan to them from Celtic last season. Decent striker apparently.

45 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Care to elaborate ??

1 minute ago, MICMAC said:

My ex army pal goes to watch Shamrock Rovers and reckons Johnny Kenny would be a good loan deal for us. Was on loan to them from Celtic last season. Decent striker apparently.

He was beyond useless for us in the 22/23 season. Lazy, arrogant, and not anywhere good enough to justify it.

Just now, Zanetti said:

He was beyond useless for us in the 22/23 season. Lazy, arrogant, and not anywhere good enough to justify it.

Apparently he's grown out of that mentality and is turning into a really good player

5 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Apparently he's grown out of that mentality and is turning into a really good player

His record in Ireland even before joining Celtic was fantastic, and when he came here I was genuinely buzzin', but he was hopeless. Maybe you're right though.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Two legs against opponents from the division above, and directly against a player than multiple other teams in that same higher division have interest in? A player than multiple fans posted should be looking at playing at a higher level (e.g. England).

If the poster had said that Corr had struggled against a very good player I would've agreed Tx, to say that he didn't put a foot wrong is daft thiugh. 

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

Or it just could be the case they’re weighing up the options they could have for next season and no one knows where they will be 🤷‍♂️

Incredible turn out yesterday, well played all who travelled up (except for the minority who left after goal 3 and 4.)
What a season for us all though. I’m not too disappointed, we are a small club in a small town and this is our level at the moment .
As a club we are ahead of schedule with the new regimes plans, however the progress from where we where this time last season is phenomenal. 
I'm sure the board will act promptly to continue this growth into next season and have a good go at winning the championship 

Looks like the contracts are up on Friday so probably a squad update towards the end of the week. Would guess any new signings will be from Saturday onwards 

Just now, RoversNProud said:

Incredible turn out yesterday, well played all who travelled up (except for the minority who left after goal 3 and 4.)
What a season for us all though. I’m not too disappointed, we are a small club in a small town and this is our level at the moment .
As a club we are ahead of schedule with the new regimes plans, however the progress from where we where this time last season is phenomenal. 
I'm sure the board will act promptly to continue this growth into next season and have a good go at winning the championship 

I think in a way missing out on promotion this season might be a blessing. We've seen the level we need to get to and can build towards that this summer. 

We should have more funds available to aid with this from prize money, our gates have doubled this year and pie sales that equal more than the economy of a small country. 

What we need to be careful.of is falling away the following season like, Ayr, ICT, Arbroath and Queens Park have in the past.