The New Raith Rovers Thread

Posted (edited)

Who gets the income from the artificial pitch? John Sim or Rovers?

Who gets the final say on when/if the artificial pitch can be removed? John Sim or Rovers?

Edited by Beachbum

35 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’d imagine it’ll be Stark’s Park Properties that’ll get the money

And here layith the question. Who's pocket is the money going to come out of?

8 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

50000% increase on pie sales now, awaiting Messi being our next signing 🤣

Messi is one of the sensible ones, he refuses to play on plastic pitches. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Must be hard being a Par from Kdy just now… 

Not really. It was great watching the wee team get battered in the playoffs. 

Edited by kdypar

Just now, kdypar said:

Was it good watching them pump you 5 times in a row too? How did you boys get on in the playoffs? Can’t seem to find the results?

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Was it good watching them pump you 5 times in a row too? How did you boys get on in the playoffs? Can’t seem to find the results?

They were safe by 3 points.

7 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Epic fail 

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Awaiting our next point against the biggest Fife team 

47 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Messi is one of the sensible ones, he refuses to play on plastic pitches. 

You do know he plays in America where Portland don't play on grass and othe teams that share stadiums with other sports also don't play on grass. Messi plays on these pitches.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

You do know he plays in America where Portland don't play on grass and othe teams that share stadiums with other sports also don't play on grass. Messi plays on these pitches.

But he doesn’t. Last week him, Suarez and Bisquets refused to play on Vancouvers astro pitch. 

38 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I know one result I did see. That was the wee team losing by the highest margin ever in a Premiership playoff. 

3 minutes ago, kdypar said:

I know one result I did see. That was the wee team losing by the highest margin ever in a Premiership playoff. 

Sorry where did you finish this season. I'm actually glad you didn't finish in the bottom 2 as it's another 12 points for us next season. It won't be long until you lot are again wanting your board to spend money and looking for McPake to go. 

3 minutes ago, kdypar said:

The joke doesn’t really work for Dunfermline though does it? You boys didn’t get that far. Its like someone from the local running club laughing at an Olympic sprinter for not getting a medal in the final.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, kdypar said:

But he doesn’t. Last week him, Suarez and Bisquets refused to play on Vancouvers astro pitch. 

Sure, he didn't on that occasion. But has done this season away at NE Revolution. Also https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/08/18/lionel-messi-artificial-turf-mls#:~:text=Messi on Thursday said%2C “Truth,Charlotte FC's Bank of America. And https://www.goal.com/en/news/problem-lionel-messi-artificial-turf-mls-controversy/blt34f7cb8c663f3661

Edited by CountryBumpkin

13 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story 

The artificial pitch rule could be a massive issue to us. As stated the staduim owner has the business model for it to pay for itself through pitch use. What is to say that the staduim owner just says no we are not changing?. It's going to be some amount if cash yo buy him out.