The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

Out of interest, if it wasn’t his ability or lack of, why do you think Ian Murray didn’t play him more? 

Beats me, he does love a midfielder in defence. Why the hate. We all have different opinions, you do know it’s allowed….. right??

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

Beats me, he does love a midfielder in defence. Why the hate. We all have different opinions, you do know it’s allowed….. right??

I do, but to suggest it wasn’t to do with his ability, which was your initial point, suggests it must be for another reason. I just thought you maybe had some insight. 

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I do, but to suggest it wasn’t to do with his ability, which was your initial point, suggests it must be for another reason. I just thought you maybe had some insight. 

Because I work most weekends. The games I actually got to, when he came on he did well. Just my opinion Shaughan sorry if I’ve spelt yer name wrong. 

24 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Out of interest, if it wasn’t his ability or lack of, why do you think Ian Murray didn’t play him more? 

Murray said time and time again that he was versatile and can play anywhere. Probably the reason he was left on the bench so often, to cover any position that needed to be later on in games. 

11 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

I think it’s reaching the stage where the board/Potter will just get any body in the door as a way of saving face, even if they are not better than what’s here.

Can't see that being the case.  I think it's probably the opposite. They'll need to push the boat out a bit given where we're at. I'd also expect Potter isn't too bothered about saving face: he's been in far worse situations than this.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Can't see that being the case.  I think it's probably the opposite. They'll need to push the boat out a bit given where we're at. I'd also expect Potter isn't too bothered about saving face: he's been in far worse situations than this.

Has Potter and Collins identified potential targets, because we simply can’t carry on with what we have at this point. 

McGill was superb in the first win at East End and put in other performances of varying quality. 

He definitely fell in to a bracket of not being hugely trusted by Murray, but he was less reluctant to give him a game than he was Corr (bar the last few games) or Young the season before.

Young may or may not have been good enough but we could have definitely have given him a game over Ngwenga when nothing was at stake.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Took a while to appear for mine from the first tranch, I’d say about six months due to a production delay. I don’t know the current status, but is it really THAT important to you that it appears right now?

We'll see if there ends up being much of a difference in delivery times between Texas and literally 10 minutes up the road. 

The actual souvenir gift isn't THAT important, no. What is important is that I (and others, obviously) see ideas like Club 1883 living up to the spiel after being left disappointed by previous offerings hashed out by the club in the past. 

8 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

I think it’s reaching the stage where the board/Potter will just get any body in the door as a way of saving face, even if they are not better than what’s here.

That would be fairly negligent and none of the people we have strike me as ones to do that. 

A lot of these negotiations take time, sometimes weeks depending on the club's and situation of their squad and the players themselves. 

From a players perspective, it's likely we're not the only option available to them so they'll take time weighing up their choices. I'm sure for various reasons there will be players who don't see us as a good fit now, given our league position, start to the season and a relatively unknown manager. 

On 15/04/2024 at 20:09, RandomGuy. said:

Thanks to Ian Murray for his team talk to help us avoid relegation.

Just ignore me, I'm just here to chuckle at how Murrays interview about "natural order" seeing us relegated last season will rule him out the running for our job.

Funny how things work out.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just ignore me, I'm just here to chuckle at how Murrays interview about "natural order" seeing us relegated last season will rule him out the running for our job.

Funny how things work out.

You can follow the "natural order" of Raith appointments and have McGlynn after Levein.