The New Raith Rovers Thread

Jamieson, without being too unkind, is already the "making up the numbers" loanee forward signing. We now need someone who's going to come in and start games or we're better going with what we've got. 

And as for Gabby McGill, he's just Callum Smith and Lewis Jamieson with a different haircut. All effort, all endeavour, all intention, not so much natural striker's instinct. 

36 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Jamieson, without being too unkind, is already the "making up the numbers" loanee forward signing. We now need someone who's going to come in and start games or we're better going with what we've got. 

And as for Gabby McGill, he's just Callum Smith and Lewis Jamieson with a different haircut. All effort, all endeavour, all intention, not so much natural striker's instinct. 

Jamieson looks very lightweight, and when signed we heard about his running in behind with pace. I fail to see this from him. Against Dunfermline he looked like a lost little boy playing against men.

We don't have a big squad and as we've already seen, if we get a few injuries, especially a couple in the same position, it really hurts us.  So on that side of things you could make an argument that just getting bodies in, even if they aren't the best, would be a good thing.  It would at least gives us that cover we don't have currently.

But then on the flipside, you do that, then Jan comes along and player(s) who might genuinely make a big difference to our squad become available and you end up not being able to get them as you've used up your budget or loan spots on squad fillers.

Just got to hope that we get everybody back fit, apart from Vaughan, and then get lucky with injuries through to the next window.

53 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Jamieson looks very lightweight, and when signed we heard about his running in behind with pace. I fail to see this from him. Against Dunfermline he looked like a lost little boy playing against men.

I don't think he's been given much of an opportunity to do that, apart from late on against Falkirk but the pass to him was shocking from Smith trying to use the outside of his foot.

Being able to run in behind is more than just someone punting the ball long and hoping a team mate gets onto it ahead of a defender. 

All we've seen from Jamieson lately is cameos where we've been trying to defend a lead late on, he's been far too deep to make an impact. If he was to start instead of Connolly for example, with Hamilton and Easton around to create some chances in behind from passes or flick ons, we may see a different player. 

That’s us playing Saturday - Tuesday - Friday now that week! Ayr aren’t playing that Tuesday anymore as they moved it forward to the League Cup weekend. We’ve been done over by the BBC a bit here.

Edited by Enigma

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

That’s us playing Saturday - Tuesday - Friday now that week! Ayr aren’t playing that Tuesday anymore as they moved it forward to the League Cup weekend. We’ve been done over by the BBC a bit here.

We don't have many midweek fixtures in this league so 3 games in 7 days should be OK, thats what we have a squad for.  Game management for the Tuesday game against Airdrie will be key. 

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

We don't have many midweek fixtures in this league so 3 games in 7 days should be OK, thats what we have a squad for.  Game management for the Tuesday game against Airdrie will be key. 

The TV deal as a whole is a joke to be honest, that’s now a good number chopped off the crowd, hospitality etc. all for a few magic beans from the BBC.

The problem with this scenario is we’ll be playing a big fixture against Ayr with two days rest when Ayr have had all week. Nothing we can do but nether the less frustrating and not at all ideal.

Wee bit help needed guys, I'm going down to the whisky tasting on Friday (mainly to get a 30th anniversary bottle of the final blend) but don't often visit the interior gubbings of San Starko. The Raith suite is open for pre event drinks and the whisky tasting is in the McMillan club. Am I right in thinking the Raith suite is in the main stand and McMillan club in at the bottom of the south stand (not sure if that's the 200 club or not).

12 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Wee bit help needed guys, I'm going down to the whisky tasting on Friday (mainly to get a 30th anniversary bottle of the final blend) but don't often visit the interior gubbings of San Starko. The Raith suite is open for pre event drinks and the whisky tasting is in the McMillan club. Am I right in thinking the Raith suite is in the main stand and McMillan club in at the bottom of the south stand (not sure if that's the 200 club or not).

The McMillan Lounge is directly over the stairs from the Raith Suite. You'll be in good hands: the McMillan lounge itself is probably the best kept secret in Starks. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The McMillan Lounge is directly over the stairs from the Raith Suite. You'll be in good hands: the McMillan lounge itself is probably the best kept secret in Starks. 

Definitely. I popped in before the ICT friendly, good wee set up.  Stephen watt is very sound and helpful, mentioned they were showing whatever euros game was on afterwards, and that I was more than welcome to join them.

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

These guy's got Fredericksonp0dpccnp.thumb.jpg.3412f3f8e9c4858899115d7a3171b7c4.jpg

Big John the helicopter is a free agent again.  Played for 2 Norwegian lower league sides since leaving San Starko.  Both around 3 months at a time.

Can we get him back for shits and giggles?

:D Just kidding.  Hope he goes to Least End.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Not bad for a fiver. Couple of 'questionable' Rovers legends though 😆

Screenshot_20241003_194907.jpg

Is Wedderburn going to play 45 minutes for each side?

Peter Hetherston there as well.  Innocent until proven guilty etc....